Windows 10: Help Needed in Changing my firefox homepage

Discus and support Help Needed in Changing my firefox homepage in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I am experiencing issues with changing my homepage in Mozilla Firefox. (It's Windows 10 btw, the newest). I have followed all the steps on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by oreomonster999, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Help Needed in Changing my firefox homepage

Hi everyone,
    I am experiencing issues with changing my homepage in Mozilla Firefox. (It's Windows 10 btw, the newest). I have followed all the steps on the google help website as well as the firefox website and the windows 10 website, but every time I close and open up firefox again it always goes back to the original homepage, which was my school's website that I'm simple tired of seeing. I think google would make a better homepage because it is more attractive than the school page, and it is also more efficient as I do not have to type in google.com when I want to search for something. Any constructive help is appreciated.

:)

oreomonster999, Nov 19, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 19, 2018
  3. How to change default homepage in internet Explorer?

Hello Ron,

As you are facing issues with accessing the Internet Explorer browser on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Let us few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refer to the below article to change the homepage on your device and check if it helps.

Change your home page for Internet Explorer

Step 2: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 3: I suggest you to perform some of the troubleshooting steps from the link below link, Turn off add-ons, Reset Internet Explorer Settings, Open the page in Compatibility View etc. and check if it helps:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you
    use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on Internet Explorer, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 19, 2018
  4. DrPepper Win User

Help Needed in Changing my firefox homepage

Firefox Homepage keeps resetting to Bing

I've read several threads here about the homepage resetting to Bing and I've tried all the recommendations. My homepage continues to reset to Bing.
    I've scanned for virus' & malware w/ Malwarebytes & Defender. Also used McAfee Stinger. No problems found.
    Is there a setting inside Windows 10 that prohibits the homepage from being changed?
    Any suggestions are appreciated.

DrPepper, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Help Needed in Changing my firefox homepage

1. Help Needed in Changing my firefox homepage - Similar Threads - Help Needed Changing

2. was there a recent change to My MSN homepage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    was there a recent change to My MSN homepage?: I got on my PC in the morning a few days ago and my MSN homepage format was a jumbled mess. I've tried to change it back but with no luck. I then tried searching to see if others had the same issue and I found none. So did something change, and if so, how do I change MY MSN...
  3. was there a recent change to My MSN homepage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    was there a recent change to My MSN homepage?: I got on my PC in the morning a few days ago and my MSN homepage format was a jumbled mess. I've tried to change it back but with no luck. I then tried searching to see if others had the same issue and I found none. So did something change, and if so, how do I change MY MSN...
  4. how do I change my homepage

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I change my homepage: how do I change my homepage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-homepage/744f3b83-f066-44f2-be5e-ed7d8cafc5bd
  5. Microsoft is spamming my firefox opening homepage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft is spamming my firefox opening homepage: How do I stop Microsoft from spamming my Firefox opening homepage with: Try Edge and this URL: "https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows?os=windows-10"?...
  6. major homepage, browser and email setup help needed

in Browsers and Email
    major homepage, browser and email setup help needed: Using Edge, Mail linked to ATT. (Post written for by wife. has lost numerous cognitive abilities after suffering a stroke so I am trying to help. loves his pc and tablet but things are currently a mess. Our pc was hacked and money fraud email sent out from our all...
  7. change homepage in edge

in Browsers and Email
    change homepage in edge: I changed it last December when I first go 10, now I want to change it again and all it change is the start page. I have gone to settings and change it several times, when I open edge the page I want is there, when I click on home button old page shows up 60274
  8. Firefox - URL- "about:sessionrestore" opens in addition to Homepage

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - URL- "about:sessionrestore" opens in addition to Homepage: For the past few days I have been constantly plagued by a problem with my Firefox Browser [ver 56.0 (64 bit)]. When I try to open Firefox, the follow page also opens up in addition to, and over the top of my usual "Homepage". I then need to click on the "Close" box to get...
  9. Firefox Homepage keeps resetting to Bing

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Homepage keeps resetting to Bing: I've read several threads here about the homepage resetting to Bing and I've tried all the recommendations. My homepage continues to reset to Bing. I've scanned for virus' & malware w/ Malwarebytes & Defender. Also used McAfee Stinger. No problems found. Is there a setting...
  10. Change Homepage in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Homepage in Firefox: How to: Change Homepage in Firefox How to Change Homepage in Firefox in Windows The homepage in Firefox is what you see when you open Firefox, open new windows, or click/tap on the Home button [img] in Firefox. You can select to have your homepage be Firefox Home...