Windows 10: Help Needed: My Photos I copy- pasted from iphone are deleted

Discus and support Help Needed: My Photos I copy- pasted from iphone are deleted in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did following steps in windows 10. Opened my iphone pictures folders, copied them (Control +X ). Opened Pictures folder in windows 10 (there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sanket, Jul 12, 2016.

1. sanket Win User

Help Needed: My Photos I copy- pasted from iphone are deleted

I did following steps in windows 10.

Opened my iphone pictures folders, copied them (Control +X ).

Opened Pictures folder in windows 10 (there were already two folders Saved Pictures and Camera Roll). I created 'New Folder' inside 'pictures'. I pasted all those pictures (Control + V).

Somehow I clicked 'Back' button on the top left of the window. Tried to look into the pictures, there was no 'New Folder' at all. Only two folders were those default one.

Where did it go? Someone please help!!

:)

sanket, Jul 12, 2016
  2. Sim_C Win User

recover photos in clipboard in windows 10

I was trying to copy photos from my iPhone 5s to an external hard drive (WD My Passport Ultra).

The iPhone was connected through one USB port and the drive was connected through a second USB port.

I had two file explorer windows open, one for the folder in WD and one for the iPhone photos folder.

I copied the photos from the iPhone and pasted into the WD folder. All worked well.

Then I went back to the file explorer window of the iPhone and started deleting some of the photos. I think I deleted about 50 of them and it included one that I wanted to keep on the iPhone so I clicked ctrl+z out of habit, even though I know that command
    doesn't work on the iPhone photo folder. Unfortunately nothing happened and I clicked ctrl+z again. I then realized that the undo was doing things on the file explorer for the WD drive. I went into the file explorer for the WD drive and the ctrl+z had undone
    the paste and had undone the creation of the new folder where I had placed those photos. I clicked ctrl+y, but that only created the new folder again (unnamed), but it was empty and my next ctrl+y pasted 20 of the original 450 photos pasted from the iPhone
    and gave me a message of some failure happening.

Subsequent attempts to paste (ctrl+v) brought up a message window saying: "there is already a file with the same name in this location" the message window also gives me two options: "copy and replace" or "don't copy" and gives a checkbox for: "Do this for
    the next 450 conflicts"

When I select copy and replace and check the box the message window disappears, but no files are pasted.

I have not done any other copy action, so I can still get this message window every time I paste into that folder (doesn't work in any other folder for some reason).

Can you advise if there is a way to get those photo files to paste properly? Is there a clipboard or temporary folder I can extract them from? The recycle bin does not contain those photo files. Not sure if the external hard drive would have some recovery
    options, given that those photos were successfully pasted in it to begin with.

Much appreciating any assistance with this!

Thank you

Sim_C, Jul 12, 2016
  3. Jager419 Win User
    Windows 10 photos

This link is not helpful. It tells me how to import photos from my iPhone and it imports them into the Windows 10 version of "Photos" (this is my main problem) or how to access my iPhone from File Explorer (which was not helpful because the folder was blank).

I need to know how to move my photos from the Windows 10 version of "Photos" to "My Pictures" in File Explorer. The photos that are in the Windows 10 version of "Photos" are not in "My Pictures" folder unless
    I copy and paste them there (but then I loose the quality). How do I either by-pass the Windows 10 "Photos" or move the pictures to "My Pictures" file?

Jager419, Jul 12, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

It's probably too late now but another Ctrl+V might have been able to paste them again.

Using Ctrl+X is actually cut not copy so if the original paste worked it would have removed all the pictures from the original location. However, if the paste failed, they might still be there. Ctrl+C is the copy shortcut.

I would do a search for *.jpg files and specify the date range for the ones you copied and see if a windows search can find them if they have become pasted somewhere unexpected.

philc43, Jul 12, 2016
  5. sanket Win User
    Thanks philic.

I could not find those pictures in any of the folders. Not sure I mistakenly deleted whole folder. *Sad

When you get chance to copy and paste pictures from iPhone to windows 10, please share your experience. It is supposed to be very straight forward and easy process.

sanket, Jul 13, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    iCloud is the big culprit. As long as they are in iCloud and you have your phone set to always sync them to iCloud. It will do as it is setup.

Just open the folders in two tabs in File Explorer. One for iCloud folder and the other for the folder that you plan on using for offline use. If always online, I would leave it alone and not move anything. You can also go into your iCloud photo folder at iCloud

bro67, Jul 13, 2016
  7. sanket Win User
    Thanks Bro67. I will give a try.

sanket, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Help Needed: My Photos I copy- pasted from iphone are deleted - Similar Threads - Help Needed Photos

2. how to copy/paste from iPhone to Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to copy/paste from iPhone to Windows: switch from Mac to ASUS pc. the universal clipboard was super helpful. now trying to find a replacement in the new situation of using a pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-copypaste-from-iphone-to-windows/dc78ce34-fa7f-4dba-b1e2-12809feb69b2
  3. how to copy/paste from iPhone to Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to copy/paste from iPhone to Windows: switch from Mac to ASUS pc. the universal clipboard was super helpful. now trying to find a replacement in the new situation of using a pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-copypaste-from-iphone-to-windows/dc78ce34-fa7f-4dba-b1e2-12809feb69b2
  4. Cant Copy and Paste large iphone DCIM photo folders WIN11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Copy and Paste large iphone DCIM photo folders WIN11: I can't copy and paste large iPhone DCIM photo folders to my external drive. If it is of small memory capacity, it seems to copy fine. Exceed somewhere about 60MB, either as the folder total, or copying multiple files that accumulate memory somewhere over 60MB is fails. I...
  5. Cant Copy and Paste large iphone DCIM photo folders WIN11

Cant Copy and Paste large iphone DCIM photo folders WIN11: I can't copy and paste large iPhone DCIM photo folders to my external drive. If it is of small memory capacity, it seems to copy fine. Exceed somewhere about 60MB, either as the folder total, or copying multiple files that accumulate memory somewhere over 60MB is fails. I...
  6. I need help deleting a copy of Windows 7 from an SSD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need help deleting a copy of Windows 7 from an SSD.: I have an SSD in my laptop that has a copy of windows 7 on it and my boot drive has a copy of windows 10which I am running. The copy of windows 7 takes up half of the space on the SSD, TrustedInstaller won't let me delete the filesI've tried changing the owner of the files,...
  7. Photos from my iPhone

Photos from my iPhone: I am trying to import photos from my iPhone to Microsoft Photos. The newer ones imported just fine, but for the older ones, I receive a message that says "this file type may not be supported." They are all .jpg files. The older ones only display 1/2 the photo on the laptop...
  8. copying and pasting Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copying and pasting Photos: how do I convert JXR to JPEG . windows 10 . edge browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-and-pasting-photos/cfed737a-adfd-45f2-95d3-147dc7f3df21"
  9. copy paste help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    copy paste help: When i download a photo to my laptop from my phone and save to desktop how can i copy and paste the photo in a correspondence, field to send to someone else tried dont work Thank you...
  10. why cant I copy and paste a photo from facebook anymore???????????????? Need Help Now!

in Windows 10 Customization
    why cant I copy and paste a photo from facebook anymore???????????????? Need Help Now!: I used to be able to copy a picture from facebook and save in a word document. I can no longer save photos from fb! What the heck is going on??????????????? I need help NOW!...