Windows 10: Help needed please with DLL file

Discus and support Help needed please with DLL file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, I had Kaspersky Security Cloud Free version on my computer, thought better of it and decided to remove it and go back to Windows Security.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jimmy9190, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Jimmy9190 Win User

Help needed please with DLL file

Hello all,

I had Kaspersky Security Cloud Free version on my computer, thought better of it and decided to remove it and go back to Windows Security. I removed KSC Free with Revo Uninstaller, it left a few files that I deleted manually and then Windows Security started back up OK. I now have a folder in my C drive called Kaspersky Lab, and in the folder is a file called Kaspersky Security 21.1 and a file called antimalware_provider.dll. As far as I can tell this is the only Kaspersky file on my system now and I want to get rid of it permanently.

I have tried everything I know, ran the dedicated Kaspersky Removal tool twice, done a lot of searching here and on Google but can not figure or find out how to delete this dll folder and file. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am running Windows 10 Home 2004 on a Lenovo L340 laptop with 8 GB ram and a 500 gb hard drive.

Thanks

Jimmy

:)

Jimmy9190, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

.DLL file

Hi Jerry,

Specific programs use DLL files to function properly in a Windows environment. If the DLL file gets misplaced, deleted, or corrupted, the error "____.dll is missing" appears. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide
    the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this started happening, like installing or uninstalling a program?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you disable your Startup programs to isolate the cause of the error. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the taskbar and select Task Manager.
    • Click More details.
    • Go to the Startup tab.
    • Right-click every listed program and choose Disable.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.
    • If the error disappears, enable one of the programs and restart your computer to check if the error reappears; this is to pinpoint exactly which program is causing the error. Do this for all Startup programs until you find the cause.
    • Once you've found the program that's causing the error, you can then try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

We'll wait for your response and the results of the troubleshooting.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Missing .dll file .

Hi,

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if it helps resolve the issue.

• Uninstall all those apps (using revo uninstaller) which are giving you msvcr100.dll and msvcp100.dll files missing error
    • Open the link below
    Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download Center

And download and install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4.

3. Download VSU_4\vcredist_x64.exe if you’ll be installing this on Windows 10 64bit.

4. Download VSU_4\vcredist_x86.exe if you’ll be installing this on Windows 10 32bit.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Help needed please with DLL file

I have neither COM Surrogate in TASK MGR nor DLL files...

I have the same thing,COM surrogate and dll not listed,weird that some people have it and others don't. I turned off 'Always show icons never thumbnails' as someone said this may help but it didn't.

sea skimmer, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Help needed please with DLL file

1. Help needed please with DLL file - Similar Threads - Help needed please

2. i need help please with this txt file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need help please with this txt file: why this happened please i need help it happened after laptop format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-please-with-this-txt-file/c61d4f7f-5712-4489-b5b6-bef0aa51470d
  3. Need help with a dump file analysis please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with a dump file analysis please: My PC keeps doing instant shutdowns and reboots all the time heres the dmp files and i get the same error all the timeany help is appreciatedhttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AuUWy9YL1NTlgY5AGQNAdxyqQbDDNA?e=pUHmrJThanks Jack...
  4. Need Help With Missing DLL File

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need Help With Missing DLL File: Whenever I attempt to run a bat script it doesnt allow it. My windows update is disabled due to the Windows activation key I used due to organization politices amd I do not know how to get rid of that, please assist if you can. Thanks.[ATTACH]...
  5. file with .dll extension wont open. please help.

in Windows 10 Customization
    file with .dll extension wont open. please help.: file with .dll extension wont open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-with-dll-extension-wont-open-please-help/70ac508a-0077-4571-a013-886e5762c560
  6. Vcomp100.dll not found!!! please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Vcomp100.dll not found!!! please help: Lenovo Yoga I accidentally deleted all the visual c++ blah blah files from Control Panel. The computer works fine. But... when I start the pc from restart or shutdown, I see an error file saying "BrCtrlCntr.exe (brother, y know, the printer) The code execution cannot...
  7. Missing dll files - I NEED HELP!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing dll files - I NEED HELP!: Hi guys, I'm having some serious trouble with my windows 10 laptop... I've recently started it back up and tried loading up a programme Origin and i has now said 3 different messages: - MSVCP140.dlll Missing - VCRUNTIME140.dll Missing - api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll...
  8. .dll files causing errors help please

.dll files causing errors help please: When i click my wallpaper all my apps Disappear and i click my taskbar at the bottomand i get this error.[ATTACH] I also cant factory reset my pc because i get this error [ATTACH]...
  9. msvcp110.dll file not working need help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    msvcp110.dll file not working need help: Hi, when I try to start a game through uplay i get this message: c://WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/msvcp110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator...
  10. wsock32.dll untrusted please help

wsock32.dll untrusted please help: i recently got rust (a game on steam) and i already have 30hours on the game. 2days ago i played rust for 4 hours in one day. the next day i get 2 errors and i cant open the game anymore. This game uses a anti cheat called Easy Anti Cheat and im pretty sure that this has...