Windows 10: Help Needed! Receiving a blackish gray screen!

Discus and support Help Needed! Receiving a blackish gray screen! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I choose Do Nothing option under Choose What Closing the Lid Does, Save The Changes and close the lid... After opening the lid, I see a grayish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LipsitaDas, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Help Needed! Receiving a blackish gray screen!

When I choose Do Nothing option under Choose What Closing the Lid Does, Save The Changes and close the lid... After opening the lid, I see a grayish black screen. Indeed the display is on, but I see nothing on the screen until the next Sleep or Hard Shutdown and bootup. Pease HELP!!!

:)

LipsitaDas, Oct 19, 2019

2. "Gray Screen of Death"

Thanks for your informative post!

I had solved my 2D & gray screen issue using advice posted by erocker (see below)
    Mainly it involves creating a profile and putting higher 2D clocks:

Black Panther, Oct 19, 2019
  3. jwebby Win User
    "Gray Screen of Death"

Great post! I have a Sapphire HD 5750 sitting on the shelf going to waste due to the gray screen crash. I run dual monitors and mine crashes randomly in 2D and is guaranteed to gray screen playing any kind of video.

A few months ago I tried this method to no avail. The clocks stayed up just fine but it didn't help my crashing problem.

This post has motivated me to maybe find a reference HD 5750 bios of another brand and try flashing.

I've never flashed a video card, any suggestions or links where I might find a bios and flash utility?

Thanks again for the great post.

jwebby, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Help Needed! Receiving a blackish gray screen!

Gray screen of death

Hi - My dell laptop is having gray screen of death now. It had 'bad system config info' and I had followed the steps 2 & 4 mentioned in this post - FIX: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO error on Windows 10. In fact step2 just said Element not found. Step
    4 worked. After that I restarted the PC and it keeps showing Gray screen of death and does not get to the login page at all. It shows Dell start up logo, with options F2, F12 etc and if I let it continue, it just keeps showing gray screen of death.

Can you pls help me fix the problem? I have data in it, so cant afford to reset the PC immediately.

Pls let me know if you need more details.

MYWindowsUser2012, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

Help Needed! Receiving a blackish gray screen!

1. Help Needed! Receiving a blackish gray screen! - Similar Threads - Help Needed Receiving

2. HELP! 1½" gray band across the bottom of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! 1½" gray band across the bottom of screen: Hi,I have a 1½" gray band across the bottom of my screen which is obscuring almost everything. I can see about ¾ of the taskbar. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this, or am I S.O.L.?Thanks.I tried taking a screenshot, and the thing doesn't show!!!...
  3. HELP! 1½" gray band across the bottom of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! 1½" gray band across the bottom of screen: Hi,I have a 1½" gray band across the bottom of my screen which is obscuring almost everything. I can see about ¾ of the taskbar. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this, or am I S.O.L.?Thanks.I tried taking a screenshot, and the thing doesn't show!!!...
  4. HELP! 1½" gray band across the bottom of screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Gray line at bottom of screen - help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gray line at bottom of screen - help: At random times, and I cannot willingly replicate it, my laptop screen blinks and a gray line appears at the bottom of the screen. I do not know what causes this issue, and the gray line persists when running any program, even for a little bit as I'm restarting my laptop....
  6. Gray screen of Death??

Gray screen of Death??: [IMG]Hello everyone! Can I ask for a little assistance please? : Okay the problem is I am having a difficulty on where to start fixing this laptop. When I restart it just pops a gray screen hopefully not fatal I am seeing a lot of community fixes around here but I don’t...
  7. Gray X on photos cannot open need some help please?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gray X on photos cannot open need some help please?: Hello all, I'm having some trouble with my photos I went to open them and they have a gray X in the bottom left corner of the file and they are unable to be open. Does anyone know what may be going on or have any solution? Thanks a lot. [ATTACH]...
  8. Gray Screen Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Gray Screen Problem: I have a brand new HP Envy laptop with windows 10 on it. It struggles to get out of rest mode. I'm in college, so I have about 10 minutes in between classes, I'll close the laptop for about 5 minutes, open it back up and it has a grey screen. Everything on my laptop is...
  9. Still received no help regarding blue screens.

Still received no help regarding blue screens.: Hi I posted here a week ago or so and no one responded to my minidump uploads. I am having blue screens throughout my workdays and I have tried everything I can think of. I really have been struggling. I really cannot figure out what is causing so many errors. here is a...
  10. Google Gray Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Gray Screen: The Google app has started displaying a blank gray screen as soon as the answer page is returned. This is an old problem, but the current version in the App Store apparently has it back again. 88309