Windows 10: Help Needed: Somebody running Win10 Enterprise on a corporate license

Discus and support Help Needed: Somebody running Win10 Enterprise on a corporate license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Can somebody who's running Win10 Enterprise on a corporate license please send me a screen cap of their Activation screen (Settings --> Update &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EdTittel, Sep 11, 2016.

1. EdTittel Win User

Help Needed: Somebody running Win10 Enterprise on a corporate license

Can somebody who's running Win10 Enterprise on a corporate license please send me a screen cap of their Activation screen (Settings --> Update & Security --> Activation)? I need such a screen cap for a story I'm writing for CIO.com and I have so far been unable to reproduce the right kind of output because my only access is through MSDN which shows the typical end-user "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account" message for the single copy of Win10Ent I'm allowed to run on a test machine.
    Thanks!
    --Ed--

:)

EdTittel, Sep 11, 2016
  2. sofspra Win User

Upgrading Windows 10 Enterprise

The Enterprise edition is an interesting beast. It did NOT qualify for the free update.

The Enterprise edition is usually licensed to a Corporation and gets activation through the Corporate license. What is the history of your Enterprise edition? Was it ever licensed to a Corporation? Was it ever properly W10 activated? You can run Insiders
    and still not be W10 activated (my opinion).

I run a duly licensed Enterprise edition. I used to have it on Insiders but took it off last year some time. As we approached the RTM of 16299.15, I signed up the Enterprise that was now on Public Build to the Fast Lane to get an early start on 16299.15.

The Enterprise took the update to 16299.15 but reported the lost of W10 activation. I sort of expect this and I just wait a day or 2 and activation comes back. Please don't ask me why, it just does.

On the day that 16299.15 was released to RTM, I went to the Enterprise and requested the Stop of Insiders and it pulled a Re-start and remains on Public Build today and activated.

Like I said upfront, the Enterprise edition did not qualify for the free W10 Upgrade. You will have to explain more fully to someone the real status of your Enterprise and if it had official W10 activation.

sofspra, Sep 11, 2016
  3. can't upgrade to Windows 10

Enterprise never qualified as a qualifying operating system for the free upgrade to 10.

Any upgrades to Enterprise are done using Software Assurance/Volume Licensing.

And Enterprise is NOT for private use.

It is for large corporations using Volume Licensing.

Bill Smithers, Sep 11, 2016
  4. shimshom Win User

This is from a friend and hope it's what you need

Help Needed: Somebody running Win10 Enterprise on a corporate license [​IMG]

shimshom, Sep 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Help Needed: Somebody running Win10 Enterprise on a corporate license - Similar Threads - Help Needed Somebody

2. Win10 Enterprise - Network Printing - Need Assistance to Print

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Enterprise - Network Printing - Need Assistance to Print: I have submitted a few work tickets to our IT department to get this resolved to no avail. I am hoping someone here can provide me with the assistance needed to allow me to use our department printer. Some potentially useful details are: 1 - I see (2) instances of the...
  3. win10 bsod help needed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 bsod help needed: Hi, My win10 machine is crashing either just before or during boot. I have minidumps and tried turning on verifier but it was in safe mode so the offending drivers were probably not loaded. In the dumps I have it shows ntoskrnl.exe usually as the crashing module. I also saw...
  4. ffmpeg - need help with syntax to run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ffmpeg - need help with syntax to run: I'm unfamiliar with ffmpeg but I wanted to check the integrity of a video file since it may not have completed downloading correctly. The general advice everywhere online is to use ffmpeg with this syntax: [path to ffmpeg.exe executable] -v error -i [path to video file] -f...
  5. Licensing issues windows 10, need help.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Licensing issues windows 10, need help.: I upgraded to Windows 10 via the internet which should be digitally licenced, however I now keep getting messages flashing up stating my licence is about to end & I need to input a product key. Which I don't have because it was a digital upgrade. windows help system is no...
  6. need help to run a scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    need help to run a scan: need you too check my computer for me to make surethat its running good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/need-help-to-run-a-scan/6b85034d-216e-44b2-87e4-eacfc199dd07
  7. Please somebody help me!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please somebody help me!: I am trying to play old Harry Potter games and I can't get them running on my Windows 10 laptop. The installation worked but I can't get the game to open. I tried running the game as an administrator and in compatibility mode, but nothing happens. I don't get an error or...
  8. Can somebody please help me with these bsod?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can somebody please help me with these bsod?: Ive been getting them for days after a bios update. Bad pool caller. dpc watchdog etc. Ive replaced all my drivers and im now at a loss. Here is the minidump https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ccmkxh52tempps/072218-18453-01.rar?dl=0...
  9. help needed, dual boot when running win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    help needed, dual boot when running win10: hi guys, Ive just bought a new gaming laptop, my first off the shelf pc ever. ive always built my own desktops it came with win8.1, which i thought was dreadful so i tried to install win7... no such luck, after days searching on the net, i gave up and updated to win10...
  10. Need help to clear Run history.

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help to clear Run history.: I've made sure there are no entries in the RunMRU key (there were none) and even tried deleting the key. Also restarted windows. There must be some settings elsewhere. What can I do to clear the history? [img] 69021