Windows 10: Help needed - transferring Windows OS from an old lap top to a new laptop

Discus and support Help needed - transferring Windows OS from an old lap top to a new laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi my old laptop died recently but the files inside the hard drive should be intact. I plugged the hard drive into my new lap top and file in the old D... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NormanC2002, May 27, 2022.

1. Help needed - transferring Windows OS from an old lap top to a new laptop

Hi my old laptop died recently but the files inside the hard drive should be intact. I plugged the hard drive into my new lap top and file in the old D drive are loading up. However, when I want to access the old C drive Windows8_OS I got an access denied message.How do I access those files and transfer them please?

:)

NormanC2002, May 27, 2022

2. Windows 10 on new lap top

If you upgraded from an OEM licensed version of Windows 7 to 10 with the free upgrade offer on the old laptop (Dell, HP, etc.), 10 is also OEM licensed and can't be transferred to the new laptop.

If you upgraded from an Retail version of Windows 7 to 10 with the free upgrade offer on the old laptop, 10 is also Retail licensed and can be transferred to the new laptop.

Doesn't your new laptop have a Windows operating system preinstalled?

Bill Smithers, May 27, 2022
  3. Devils41 Win User
    Help with OS Transfer on a new build

Need some help figuring out what I need to do for a fresh build tomorrow. I will be moving off of my old CPU and mobo to a new X99 system. Right now I have my OS on a Sata SSD and want to transfer it onto a new NVME drive.

Some issues:
    • I have a windows 10 upgrade from a RETAIL windows 7 license so I should have migration rights correct?
    • I have 3 other non-OS drives so after I do the install with my old/ current Microsoft account will my fresh install of windows recognise those drives?
    If you guys could shed some light on how to do this or advice please lend a hand. thanks!

Devils41, May 27, 2022
  4. Help needed - transferring Windows OS from an old lap top to a new laptop

outlook on old lap top

I am giving my lap top to my son and I want to delete all the outlook emails which I now have on my new lap top but afraid if i delete the accounts on old lap top it will effect on the new lap top? thank you

RobertHubbard2, May 27, 2022
Thema:

Help needed - transferring Windows OS from an old lap top to a new laptop

1. Help needed - transferring Windows OS from an old lap top to a new laptop - Similar Threads - Help needed transferring

2. Transferring from old broken laptop to new.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring from old broken laptop to new.: My old laptop no longer boots. The cursor shows up and moves around, but nothing else happens. What is the best way to get files off of the old hard drive? Cand I simple hook up my new laptop to my old with a USB cord and access the old drive that way?...
  3. Transfer files from old to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer files from old to new laptop: I am wanting to transfer wanted files, documents downloads and else from my old Dell Latitude E7450 damaged but working laptop to my newer Dell Latitude 7490. Is there a smart way to do this besides using a flashdrive and manually loading them onto it and then dropping them...
  4. Transfer files from old to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer files from old to new laptop: I am wanting to transfer wanted files, documents downloads and else from my old Dell Latitude E7450 damaged but working laptop to my newer Dell Latitude 7490. Is there a smart way to do this besides using a flashdrive and manually loading them onto it and then dropping them...
  5. Help needed - transferring Windows OS from an old lap top to a new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help needed - transferring Windows OS from an old lap top to a new laptop: Hi my old laptop died recently but the files inside the hard drive should be intact. I plugged the hard drive into my new lap top and file in the old D drive are loading up. However, when I want to access the old C drive Windows8_OS I got an access denied message.How do I...
  6. Transfer from old to new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer from old to new laptop: Not sure this is the right forum for this but if not please point me in the right direction. I currently have an 8 year old laptop running Win 10 Pro x 64 and MS Office 2013. It is not capable of running Win 11 when it is released.I am considering the purchase of a new laptop...
  7. Transfering my Microsoft 365 from 1 lap top to a new lap top

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering my Microsoft 365 from 1 lap top to a new lap top: I will be getting a new laptop and i would like my software of microsoft office and also all my benefits of Microsofrt 365 to be transfered into my new lap top. can this be done? and how?...
  8. Need help transferring data from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help transferring data from old laptop to new laptop: got a new laptop and i need some methods to tanager everything over submitted by /u/I-sense-Memes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hufzj0/need_help_transferring_data_from_old_laptop_to/
  9. outlook on old lap top

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    outlook on old lap top: I am giving my lap top to my son and I want to delete all the outlook emails which I now have on my new lap top but afraid if i delete the accounts on old lap top it will effect on the new lap top? thank you...
  10. New Lap & old lap top shre same bug (Software)

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    New Lap & old lap top shre same bug (Software): Hello I just bought a new laptop and I used my main Hotmail account for the sign in to Windows 10. The same software bug on my old computer with a copy of Windows 8/10, and this new bug is in my Windows 10 software. So I'm thinking I have the same set of MS software in my...