Windows 10: [help needed] Windows Store still thinks removed apps are installed

Discus and support [help needed] Windows Store still thinks removed apps are installed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys, so basically I've ran into an issue with the app store where it will not let me install a game even though it is not installed anymore, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by James0001, May 4, 2017.

1. James0001 Win User

[help needed] Windows Store still thinks removed apps are installed

Hi guys, so basically I've ran into an issue with the app store where it will not let me install a game even though it is not installed anymore, it still show the game as installed...
    it's actually more than one game but it started with gears of war 4, may update had released but the store wasn't showing any updates so I decided to uninstall the game and reinstall it. When I went to uninstall it, I got an error message like this:
    [help needed] Windows Store still thinks removed apps are installed [​IMG]

As I said its happening with more then one game/app but started with gears.

So I decided to remove the files of the game manually including registry keys. I can't find anything else related to gears of war 4 on my pc but it still pops up in windows store as installed and Cortana search. clicking play does nothing.

[help needed] Windows Store still thinks removed apps are installed [​IMG]

it should be saying install *Sad

any solution to get the store seeing it as not installed?

:)

James0001, May 4, 2017

2. Several Windows Store apps will not launch, update or remove

Hi Sangeeta, thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately nothing helped there, even after the manual Windows Update steps the problems still remain. The issues are also still present in a clean boot.

Please note that I think the Windows Update issue is not the main problem. I think the root cause is that the 3 store apps mentioned are in an unhealthy state. Can you help me with getting these 3 store apps removed and reinstalled?

robinsonpr, May 4, 2017
  3. amazon app still in app list after uninstall

I cannot completely uninstall my Amazon app on Windows Mobile 10. The app still shows on apps list and the Store still thinks it is still installed, but update attempts fail. Help.

JamesGootee, May 4, 2017
  4. James0001 Win User

Anyone have a solution?

James0001, May 5, 2017
  5. James0001 Win User
    Does anyone know what I can do that wont result in me resetting my system?

James0001, May 8, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    May not be the solution for the issue but I find whatever I get from the Store is registered in the Store's database and not removed from that list when I uninstall the program. Haven't yet found a way to modify that database to show the program doesn't exist on a particular computer.

Berton, May 8, 2017
  7. James0001 Win User
    Interesting, so we just need to find a way to modify the stores database from the sound of it

James0001, May 8, 2017
  8. Berton Win User

Since the Store and its database is on Microsoft's computers that may be hard to do. One of the downsides of computing and the Internet is how much data is retained by, guess who, anyone we have interaction with which includes this forum where typed responses are auto-saved until actually posted.

Berton, May 8, 2017
  9. kimkl Win User
    Have you tried clicking the advanced options then resetting it, that should make Windows aware of the fact that its no longer there and "hopefully" ask if you want to delete ref, like it did with Windows 7 and 8.1 nahh who are we kidding, i have 30 games in programs and features no longer installed on that HD, i switched to a hybrid HD and just copied Games to new HD nw yet *Biggrin

kimkl, May 9, 2017
  10. James0001 Win User
    You gave me an idea that might be worth trying out, either on a different pc or virtual machine just download the games to a external hdd. then move it back to the affected pc. Hopefully it has a chance of working.
    will let you know results when I've had a chance to do it.

edit: While everything downloaded fine I couldn't find a way to get it working on the affected pc *Sad

James0001, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. [help needed] Windows Store still thinks removed apps are installed - Similar Threads - help needed Store

2. How to remove apps that are deleted but still installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove apps that are deleted but still installed: It says that theapp is still in installed app but is not presentin my pc anymorehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/19FwQpHnAypQ4rPMTXX7f_Iqb2iIR6s7Y/view?usp=sharingHere is the screenshot...
  3. Windows 10 still thinks bluetooth is installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 still thinks bluetooth is installed: Hello,One day my bluetooth stopped working. Windows was showing that everything was alright but my bluetooth devices would not longer connect to my PC. I tried completely uninstalling all bluetooth drivers and devices using the device manager. I was surprised to see the...
  4. Windows 10 still thinks bluetooth is installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 still thinks bluetooth is installed: Hello,One day my bluetooth stopped working. Windows was showing that everything was alright but my bluetooth devices would not longer connect to my PC. I tried completely uninstalling all bluetooth drivers and devices using the device manager. I was surprised to see the...
  5. Windows 10 still thinks bluetooth is installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Need Help installing the app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help installing the app: So I'm in cyber security. I'm trying to install kali linux on my windows. I did download the app already. Not sure If I put this in the wrong thread.I ran the command Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-LinuxI have a windows 10...
  7. Need Help installing the app

Need Help installing the app: So I'm in cyber security. I'm trying to install kali linux on my windows. I did download the app already. Not sure If I put this in the wrong thread.I ran the command Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-LinuxI have a windows 10...
  8. still need help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    still need help.: i still hadn't fixed this unmountable boot volume. after it disappear it shows the recovery page thing with your pc couldn't start properly. pressing enter to try again doesn't work and i don't know what to do :( submitted by /u/oofoofoof333 [link] [comments]...
  9. still need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    still need help: i have no idea what the hell i am doing im trying to follow the steps to upgrade to windows 10 (i have 7 rn) and i keep getting errors what do i do? submitted by /u/oohaboogaaaa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ip4wam/still_need_help/
  10. Removing Windows Store App Install Location

Removing Windows Store App Install Location: Because I saw all the E3 news I thought, I'll check out how to install Windows Store apps to a seperate drive, instead of on my main drive. Unfortunately, using the "Change Where New Content Is Saved" settings pane for apps creates a bunch of folders in the root of the drive...