Windows 10: Help needed with BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

Discus and support Help needed with BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I have a PC that I have built over the past couple of years. Most of the components are new because I hoped they would solve my issues, but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CamillaLøgstrup, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Help needed with BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Hi!
    I have a PC that I have built over the past couple of years. Most of the components are new because I hoped they would solve my issues, but the issues still persist and it’s getting to a point where both I and my tech-savvy partner are at a loss for ideas. [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]
    I have had my PC for about five years, but I’ve changed quite a few components in the past year. My current components are:
    - Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    - CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K
    - RAM: 16 GB Dual-Channel
    - Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z390-P
    - GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    - PSU: Corsair RM850x V2 850W[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]- Storage: Seagate HDD 2TB
    Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB

Backstory:
    The issues started about a year ago, and they mostly consist of a few smaller but annoying issues probably unrelated issues but I'm not sure - it's related to certain internet browsers, the windows audio overlay and a certain program that restarts for no apparent reason and one major one. The major one is a[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]BSOD issue I have had for about a year. My PC used to run smoothly and without any issues no matter which games I played, but after a Windows Update I started getting blue screens of death once in a while - especially while I was playing games. I experienced a handful of different stop codes multiple times, and they changed all the time. I have among others experienced SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT. I wasn’t able to find a pattern. Back then my PC was built using my partner's old components, so I thought the issue could be two 12-year-old hard drives, so I decided to buy a new SSD and a new HDD and get rid of the old ones. The issue stopped happening as often but I still got the occasional BSOD. I then bought a new motherboard, CPU, CPU cooler and RAM. This didn’t change anything. I then bought some more fans for my PC, but that did nothing. I then bought a new PSU last month but the issue still persists. The only component I haven’t changed yet is my GPU.

Current issue:
    For the past couple of days, I’ve been playing It Takes Two. After I have the game running for about 3 hours I get a BDOS with the code “Clock_Watchdog_Timeout”. I then restart my PC, try playing again and after about an hour I get another BDOS with the exact same code. This has happened two days in a row. The same pattern both days. Today I tried running Speccy and task manager while playing to keep an eye on my PC’s stats. On the first BSOD, nothing was out of the ordinary. My CPU was at 60% and about 50 degrees Celcius. My GPU was running at around 95% at a temperature of 60 degrees Celcius. On the second BSoD an hour later my CPU was at about 90% and at a temperature of 50.

I have tried:
    - Clean Windows install about 3 times, does nothing
    - Updating drivers and keeping all drivers updated does nothing
    - Changing all components apart from my GPU helped a little but I still have issues
    - Keeping Windows up to date and installing all updates does nothing
    - Running a memory test nothing comes up

Dump files:
    I have no idea what to do or how to solve the issues. I have 3 files from my minidump folder here. They are all from yesterday where the BSOD happened twice: [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba17, 85, 204, 1]https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiirjBv4XT5GbClewB_bUBDOe18?e=7TaTzH[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]. My knowledge of computers and is minimal and I can't seem to fix the issue without help, so I will appreciate any and all advice. If you need any more information please let me know.

Thanks in advance![/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

:)

CamillaLøgstrup, Apr 10, 2021
  2. Tintai Win User

BSOD whea_uncorrectable_error and clock_watchdog_timeout

Hello,

After Cmos reset and clean Windows 10 install I'm started getting some BSODs.
    First time I've got whea_uncorrectable_error and some time later clock_watchdog_timeout.

Now I'm getting clock_watchdog_timeout all the time when I try to start AIDA64 stability test and in the middle game of CS:GO.

Here is dump from bluescreenview:
    http://tintaiexcess.com/dmp.htm

And here is the dump files from "C:\Windows\Minidump":
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/q2oy1mc5ku7girx/080315-7468-01.dmp
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ap25qa4ilr4gtc0/080315-7359-01.dmp

My CPU is running at 4.6G at 1.328V. RAM at 1866Mhz at 1.5V.
    Stock looks stable.

Thanks
    Tintai

Tintai, Apr 10, 2021
  3. BSOD whea_uncorrectable_error and clock_watchdog_timeout

drop your overclock to stock and run it, W10 has some teething to get through

eidairaman1, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Help needed with BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD

Hello All,

My computer has been experiencing BSOD's starting last week. The BSOD will only occur while I am playing a videogame and even then the time in which the BSOD occurs will vary each time. I could have just booted the game or have been playing for an hour.
    The error code is CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. I checked my minidump file and the Image Name was Unknown_Image. I need help as I don't know what to do to fix this. Minidump pasted here:

Lex Naturae, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Help needed with BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

1. Help needed with BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT - Similar Threads - Help needed BSOD

2. BSOD Error Help - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Error Help - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101: Hi Everyone,My PC crashed a few times this past month. Whenever I get a BSOD, I am usually using the Microsoft Edge browser. Though this could be a coincidence. In the reliability monitor, the "Killer DBWM" service stops working every day. I ran DISM and SFC and did a memory...
  3. BSOD Error Help - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Error Help - CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101: Hi Everyone,My PC crashed a few times this past month. Whenever I get a BSOD, I am usually using the Microsoft Edge browser. Though this could be a coincidence. In the reliability monitor, the "Killer DBWM" service stops working every day. I ran DISM and SFC and did a memory...
  4. BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101" - Please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101" - Please help: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101An expected clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor in anMP system within the allocated interval. This indicates that the specifiedprocessor is hung and not processing interrupts.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000006, Clock interrupt...
  5. BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101" - Please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101" - Please help: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101An expected clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor in anMP system within the allocated interval. This indicates that the specifiedprocessor is hung and not processing interrupts.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000006, Clock interrupt...
  6. BSOD "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101" - Please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101

BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT 101: BSOD'd with this error. I've crashed many times with no bsod. The computer screen locks followed by a short static soundsometimes. Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.20153.1000 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...
  8. Bsod: Clock_watchdog_timeout

Bsod: Clock_watchdog_timeout: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. - log v2 Windows 10 1909 18363.1016 I've upgraded my CPU to a Ryzen 3600, with new mobo and DDR4 ram to boot. Everything was fine for the first month or so, but now I got multiple BSOD of the...
  9. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD: Hello All, My computer has been experiencing BSOD's starting last week. The BSOD will only occur while I am playing a videogame and even then the time in which the BSOD occurs will vary each time. I could have just booted the game or have been playing for an hour. The error...
  10. BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout

BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout: So I got this bsod CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. PC froze at 30% while it was auto restarting. Added 2 more ram sticks and this happens a day after. Had issue with the ram's software (to control RGB). They are G.skill Trident Z RGB. Installed the software after adding ram, pc...