Windows 10: Help needed with getting a gpedit.msc tweak for a privacy setting

Discus and support Help needed with getting a gpedit.msc tweak for a privacy setting in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, is there a gpedit.msc tweak I can use to change this? there's one for other features, but what about privacy options hidden by organisation?What I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shogun570, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Shogun570 Win User

Help needed with getting a gpedit.msc tweak for a privacy setting

Hi, is there a gpedit.msc tweak I can use to change this? there's one for other features, but what about privacy options hidden by organisation?What I need: "Let windows track app launches to improve start and search results"The thing that did this is a dumb app.

:)

Shogun570, Jan 18, 2022
  2. BrianTJUK Win User

I can't set a slideshow in the Lock Screen and one of the Microsoft suggestions to use gpedit msc didn't work

I can't set up a slideshow for the lock screen. I can select a picture from the computer or I can select one of the Windows 10 standard pictures. If I select slideshow it doesn't change the PREVIEW and when the computer is inactive I get a black screen.

One of the suggestions made by Microsoft in response to this problem in another post was to run gpedit msc. I have tried this or gpedit.msc or gpedit and in all cases the message I get is gpedit or gpedit.msc or gpedit msc "is not recognised as an
    internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

How do I fix the lock screen problem or invoke the local group policy editor?

BrianTJUK, Jan 18, 2022
  3. how do i get gpedit for windows 10

Here are two options:

• Upgrade Windows to at least the professional version.
    • Use the backdoor method described
      here
      . Whether it will survive an Automatic Update I do not know.

Frederik Long, Jan 18, 2022
  4. tcebob Win User

Gpedit problem

I just repair installed win 10 32 1607. Some things were messed up but I've been able to correct most. However I saw a recent post on how to remove Cortana. https://www.tenforums.com/general-sup...e-cortana.html. One suggestion was to use gpedit. But when I started gpedit,msc I got the attached message
    The program ran after I dismissed the message twice but did not display the needed choices. I took a shot at editing the referenced file but couldn't save it because it's in Windows directory and is protected. (I am the Administrator). How can I fix gpedit?

Help needed with getting a gpedit.msc tweak for a privacy setting [​IMG]

tcebob, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

1. Help needed with getting a gpedit.msc tweak for a privacy setting - Similar Threads - Help needed getting

2. Help needed with getting a gpedit.msc tweak for a privacy setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help needed with getting a gpedit.msc tweak for a privacy setting: Hi, is there a gpedit.msc tweak I can use to change this? there's one for other features, but what about privacy options hidden by organisation?What I need: "Let windows track app launches to improve start and search results"The thing that did this is a dumb app....
  3. Help needed with getting a gpedit.msc tweak for a privacy setting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help needed with getting a gpedit.msc tweak for a privacy setting: Hi, is there a gpedit.msc tweak I can use to change this? there's one for other features, but what about privacy options hidden by organisation?What I need: "Let windows track app launches to improve start and search results"The thing that did this is a dumb app....
  4. Microsoft privacy settings help

Microsoft privacy settings help: I'm just trying to get to the page to change the privacy settings to allow my account to join a realm on Minecraft and I keep getting send to the same page or like 20 other useless pages. please help...
  5. Hi, need help with privacy settings!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hi, need help with privacy settings!: Hello, i changed some privacy settings on my pc yesterday and from now on my google chrome is taking forever to load a site, it first says that the connection is not secure or private and then it loads it after a while submitted by /u/MatiasMalz [link] [comments]...
  6. Privacy Settings Help

Privacy Settings Help: So i dont own a xbox but my friend does and i wanted to play on his realm with my pc but when i accept invite it says i dont have permission to play online and i need to edit privacy settings so i click link to do that and it sends me to a page with no option of clicking...
  7. i need help with privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help with privacy settings: i can never find a way to change my mine craft settings because the Xbox settings always take me top the support page, which i don't want. I just want to play mine craft multiplayer. anyone care to actually help me? give me links on where i can find what i need as well...
  8. Tweaking power setting options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tweaking power setting options: Hi, I use an HP 14s-cr1005tu, Win 10 home. Please help with the answers to these questions on Power settings: Selective suspending setting: I do not understand how selective suspending setting can help save battery on my Win 10 laptop. What happens if I choose enabled or...
  9. Need Help for Windows settings/tweaking via Reg hacking & For NTLite

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help for Windows settings/tweaking via Reg hacking & For NTLite: Hello everyone, firstly, am new here & this is my first post so if I violate any rules please let me know. I need some help regarding windows ISO customization via NTLite Now that the recent 19H1 ISO released, I've downloaded the EN UK x64 Consumer ISO & using latest NTLite...
  10. Tweak Monitor Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tweak Monitor Settings: It doesn't make any sense to invest a bunch of money in an expensive monitor or an even more expensive GPU, if you don't tweak the monitors settings. Set the monitor/TV & GPU to their default settings. Unless your monitor/TV has the possibility to set two presets(like my...