Windows 10: Help needed with hard drive

Discus and support Help needed with hard drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Can anyone help me with this issue, basically it started yesterday when my computer decided to update itself and then ended up taking over 4 hours to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheOneTrueFinn, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Help needed with hard drive

Can anyone help me with this issue, basically it started yesterday when my computer decided to update itself and then ended up taking over 4 hours to get to 26% and so I decided to shut my computer down. After I had turned it back on it removed any changes or had done and then it didn't launch any applications at all apart from the steam launcher, after this I turned it off and didn't touch it until this afternoon where it actually did respond and work but took 2 and a half hours to actually get to it's normal state but as soon as I wanted to go on a game I found out half of my games were uninstalled, that's when I had found my d drive wasn't opening, it's a 2tb wd blue harddrive if that helps but could this be something to do with the update and me cancelling it and do I have to buy a new SSD or HDD or is it just a simple fix? Thanks.

submitted by /u/TheOneTrueFinn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheOneTrueFinn, Apr 13, 2021

2. Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Help needed with hard drive

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Help needed with hard drive

1. Help needed with hard drive - Similar Threads - Help needed hard

2. I need help with FULL Hard Drive - Space ending

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with FULL Hard Drive - Space ending: I hate to beat this over your head, but I need help. I used the TREEsize software to find out where most of my storage spaced was used. And I have no clue. It says USER folder has the most used space, but when I went to the USER folder, the files are all Windows related and I...
  3. I need help with the letter of my hard drive plssss

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need help with the letter of my hard drive plssss: Hello, these days i was having problems with my hard drive but i dont know how i got it to work, but it was a "D" hard drive and now it is an "F" hard drive and i cant use mi applications because they were installed on a "D" hard drive, so i was trying to change the letter of...
  4. hard drive help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive help: hi guys I have a question on ssd and a m.2 drive, I just upgraded to a 1TB black edition NVME WD M.2 ,i upgraded from a samsung 500 ssd along with a 245 gig ssd. the 500 gig and 245 gig both are not connected at this time.i want to add them as additional storage,both had an...
  5. I need help cloning my hard drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help cloning my hard drive.: I need to send my Razer Blade laptop in for repair, but Razer has said they will wipe all data from my machine when they take it in. Before they do that, I want to clone my drive so that I can restore it when they send it back. Does anyone know how to clone a drive so that it...
  6. Imminent hard drive failure, need help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Imminent hard drive failure, need help: Hi, Today, I got the imminent hard drive S.M.A.R.T. failure warning. My pc is a rebranded HP Touch Smart All-in-one 23" i-7 so no help from HP. I have used Seatools and it failed. All of my data is backed up. Should I try to ID the drive before I attempt to open the pc?...
  7. hard drive full need help

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    hard drive full need help: hello is there a better way to remove unused files in the windows folders, app folder or the user folder to create more space on my laptop hard drive. it seems i always hitting the ceiling and i store most docs and pics on clouds so why is this not working/...
  8. Can't access old Hard Drive, need help!

Can't access old Hard Drive, need help!: I'm new to this forum, and here's what happened. My old Windows XP Desktop stopped running 2 weeks ago, with a No OS Found error. Since then I've taken the hard drive out and connected it to my new Windows 10 desktop with a USB 2.0 to SATA Adapter. It does not show up in...
  9. IDE Hard Drives are Dead and I Need Help

IDE Hard Drives are Dead and I Need Help: I got a problem with 2 of my IDE hard drives. I think theyre dead. I use a USB to IDE cable to connect my computer to it. I remember I would disconnect one and reconnect the other and would switch between the two in search of a vital file. I would disconnect and reconnect on...
  10. Need Hard Drive reformatting help

Need Hard Drive reformatting help: Hello everyone, I have got a external hard drive that was used for extra storage with a Dish DVR. We now want to format it for use on windows now. I been doing some research on it and everything so far I tried, didnt work. I have tried using Western Digitals Tool to do...