Windows 10: HELP! New computer install.

Discus and support HELP! New computer install. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently built my own computer. The only thing I salvaged was the HDD. After installing windows 10, everything was working fine. But my fps while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mikeymiller12, Jun 2, 2016.

1. HELP! New computer install.

I recently built my own computer. The only thing I salvaged was the HDD. After installing windows 10, everything was working fine. But my fps while gaming was lower than it shouldve been. After trying a few things I decided to just reset the computer and re install everything. Once I did that the screen will go to windows initially, and then I proceed to install the motherboard drivers. Once I do that, the screen goes to better definition, where I can only see the bottom taskbar icons, no desktop icons, and I can't see or move the mouse, can't even get into task manager. Then when I restart the computer it shows the windows loading icon, then it goes black. I can go into safe mode, but I'm not sure what to do. I even went and bought a new HDD thinking maybe that was the problem since it was a stock walmart computers HDD. Still the same problem though. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

mikeymiller12, Jun 2, 2016

2. New computer installation ****

Hi all,

I just received a prebuilt computer through ibuypower. It was pre-installed with Windows 10. I encountered the out of box experience constant restart loop. I attempted to reinstall windows and got a message telling me that "The computer started using the
    windows installation media" etc. I don't have a previous OS installed and I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks in advance

Maniaccat94, Jun 2, 2016
  3. New computer installation ****

Don't try fixing what is a defective computer. Contact ibuypower and ask for a replacement. They should provide you with an RMA (Return Material Authorization) number and free no cost return shipping.

:
    http://www.pagestart.com

J W Stuart, Jun 2, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

HELP! New computer install.

That sounds a lot like bad drivers. Where did you get them ?
    You probably don't need to update all drivers, just some.
    Graphic card get latest from Nvidia.
    Sound from Realtek.
    USB/USB3 drivers from MSI.
    All other W10 drivers should be fine.

CountMike, Jun 2, 2016
  5. philc43 Win User
    Hello mikeymiller,

Make sure you remove everything from the PC except the display, mouse and keyboard. Often other USB devices can interfere with the installation if they are still attached. Make sure you have updated the BIOS for the motherboard, in some cases it can be better to leave Windows to choose and install the motherboard drivers so I would try again and leave out the step where you install the MB drivers yourself.

Hope you get it sorted.

philc43, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

HELP! New computer install.

1. HELP! New computer install. - Similar Threads - HELP computer install

2. Help with New Computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with New Computer: I just got a new computer and it is grabbing photos for my background from my old computer in the personal user file. How it is doing this and how can I turn it off? I did go to Settings and turned off any syncing on both machines....
  3. Help with New Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with New Computer: I just got a new computer and it is grabbing photos for my background from my old computer in the personal user file. How it is doing this and how can I turn it off? I did go to Settings and turned off any syncing on both machines....
  4. Help with New Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. install, remove and install on new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    install, remove and install on new computer: I would like to install 10 home on this computer and in 6 months remove it and put it on a new self built computer it is 10 home bought from Best Buy is this ok to do, and how to take off the computer...
  6. Help with new install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with new install: Upon initial install I skipped the authentication key, once I got everything set up I went ahead and put the key in and windows went to updating. As soon as this happened it froze halfway through. I tried repair startup and even resetting but the computer itself keeps...
  7. New Computer Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Computer Help: So ive recently purchased a new gaming computer and a 28 inch samsung monitor. Im have issues when i have to go to the scaling settings, whenever my computer restarts it never saves it where i have it 125. Also for the game that i play when i change it to 130 the game gets so...
  8. New computer, please help

in Windows 10 Support
    New computer, please help: am brand new to Windows 10 and can not transfer a photo from Picasa 3 to a disk or memory stick. I have tide a million times but when I click copy nothing happens. Also it doesn't matter how many times I put a disk in or a memory stick I don't see any little couloured things...
  9. Install old computer on new computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install old computer on new computer: I have an HP LaserJet 1018 printer. There is no driver for Windows 10. This printer was installed on my Windows 7 laptop when I upgraded to Window 10. After the upgrade, the printer still worked fine. I now have a new Windows 10 laptop and I would like to be able to use...
  10. new computer please help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    new computer please help: HI. How do I find my network DVR in Network and sharing center? 24806