Windows 10: Help: New Laptop, One Drive filled Hard Drive

Discus and support Help: New Laptop, One Drive filled Hard Drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, I'm trying to help my wife out on her new Laptop. When I sent up her Microsoft Account, including trying to attach to her OneDrive, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tallen234, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Tallen234 Win User

Help: New Laptop, One Drive filled Hard Drive

Hi All,

I'm trying to help my wife out on her new Laptop. When I sent up her Microsoft Account, including trying to attach to her OneDrive, it downloaded all of the files off the one drive onto her laptop. She now has no room on her laptop harddrive. I would like to have the ability to save files onto her one drive, but I don't want the onedrive files on her laptop. How do you stop this? and make sure that the files that are on the hard drive are still on her onedrive if I try to delete them from her hard drive.

Thanks!

(sorry not too familiar with using OneDrive)

:)

Tallen234, Mar 3, 2021

2. Laptop hard drive upgrade

To replace a hard drive on a laptop is a little more troublesome than a desktop. 1st as most people here suggest you will need some sort of a backup disk just in case. Also be sure when buying the new Hard Disk is compatible with your model. And i would strongly suggest you install a new system and start from scratch because there are far too many problems that can occur when transferring system files.

scoutingwraith, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Laptop hard drive upgrade

If you ghost the OS from disk to disk with the same system it should work fine. Thing is you have to GHOST the disk, including the MBR or it won't be bootable. Any other normal laptop drive should work as long as the connections the same.

If you cannot make a backup install CD, you'll likely need to locate a windows install CD, unless you can ghost the drive. Thats pretty much your only options atm.

Dippyskoodlez, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Help: New Laptop, One Drive filled Hard Drive

Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Help: New Laptop, One Drive filled Hard Drive

1. Help: New Laptop, One Drive filled Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Help Laptop Drive

2. Temp files fill hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp files fill hard drive: Hi. I just bought a new HP desktop with Win 11. Imagine my surprise to find my 237gb SSD drive is filled with 198gb of temporary and system files which I apparently can't remove. I already deleted a 19gb Windows.old file. How can I get rid of the rest of the stuff crowding my...
  3. hard drive keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive keeps filling up: help window insider 10 pro version:1909 windows 10 wont update and hard drive stays full no matter how fast i delete things it stays full how do I fix this problem. because of the disc being full cannot even save a restore point....
  4. Windows Updates Filling Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates Filling Hard Drive: I've got a problem that is occuring sporadically where Windows Updates will fill a drive to capacity - when we dig into the Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder we inevitably find one update that just has dozens of copies of the update and they keep coming. Some of the PCs...
  5. One Drive & Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Drive & Hard Drive: I need to back up my one drive every evening in case we loose the internet. I tried to just copy and paste the files from One Drive to my documents, but it moves all of my folders out of One Drive and puts them into My Documents How do I go about doing this so the files...
  6. One Drive with a new laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive with a new laptop: So, my old laptop died about a week ago, and fortunately I had a full backup of the entire contents on an external drive. I did the full back on May 24th. During the week I was waiting for my new laptop, I accessed and updated a few files in One Drive using my tablet. I...
  7. Hard drive completely filled in hours.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive completely filled in hours.: So as you can probably tell from the subject, my hard drive C: is completely full and this has happened in the span of a few hours. When I had left for college my C drive was no more than 50% full as I only store a few applications and the OS on it and I have separate hard...
  8. Hard Drive Suddenly filling up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hard Drive Suddenly filling up: I have an Asus laptop running the latest Win10 update, 1903. It has a 500G HD that usually has about 200G in use. Today I checked and it was almost full, only about 5G remaining. What could be causing this? I checked programs using appwiz.cpl and saw nothing strange. I have...
  9. Hard drive filling up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard drive filling up: Each night my hard drive fills up. I can't figure out where the free space is going. I can clear off 5 gigs, but the next morning there is a 'low disk space' error.. How can I find where the empty space is being used? Can I search by newest file created? 106834
  10. Hard drive filled with invisible files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard drive filled with invisible files.: My C:\ drive, which holds the Windows 10 OS, programs data/files and a little bit of user data, shows that I have used roughly 600gb of space (first image below) on a 1TB SSD. When I use WinDirStat to see what's on that drive, it shows that I have about 120gb of data on it...