Windows 10: HELP NEWBIE ALERT

Discus and support HELP NEWBIE ALERT in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I need help. I have the acer swift 3 and was told that window is already on the laptop I would just need the code to activate where exactly is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AshleyJames3, Jul 21, 2020.

1. HELP NEWBIE ALERT

I need help.

I have the acer swift 3 and was told that window is already on the laptop I would just need the code to activate

where exactly is the code? And I am really scared that I may have thrown it away. I have kept everything from the box, to what is inside the box. But I remember throwing away the sleeve that the laptop was in and I remember the barcode on the corner as well. I don't think there was a huge code on it though it was really small.

Is it possible that I can ever get the code through speaking to an agent on here?

or have I misunderstood completely and its a funky way to activate and should just get someone to help from the store i bought it from?

:)

AshleyJames3, Jul 21, 2020
  2. Billy Med Win User

Emergency Alerts

Hi Stephanie,

Just to confirm, is this the same thing that you tried on your phone, in order to turn off Amber Alerts?

• Open Settings.
    • Tap on System.
    • Tap on Messaging.
    • Tap on the Change emergency alert settings link.
    • Turn on or off the emergency alerts you want.

Let us know if this was the same thing that you tried.

We would also suggest to reset your phone after doing these steps to ensure that the changes on your phone's settings will be refreshed.

Simply press and hold the Power and Volume down button for 15 seconds and then release your hold afterwards.

Billy Med, Jul 21, 2020
  3. Hard Core Win User
    Core2Duo E6300 - Overclocking for newbies

Hey HeUeR..

I started this thread wondering if there was anyone willing to help newbies (like me) in the whole overclocking thing, in order to learn how to OC the Core 2 Duo E6300 processor with a step-by-step guidance.

Even though this thread has been read over 6.000 times, it is not very useful (in my opinion) since the discussion has been made on overclocking the Intel Core2 duo E6300 processor on the Intel D946GZis motherboard.

So, HeUeR, could you please post -in a step-by-step guidance- how you overclocked yours, in order to help others newbies and to make this thread more interesting...*Rockout :rockout:

Many thanks and please post some pictures if you can... *Toast :toast:

Hard Core, Jul 21, 2020
  4. popsean Win User

HELP NEWBIE ALERT

Newbie, looking for new graphics card.

I am currently having problems with my 4870s noise.
    In my honest opinion, its just too damn loud.

Getting to the point, i am looking for a new video card that is
    • Quiet/silent
    • Decent power
    • around 120 dollars or less.
    • Dual dvi outputs for 2 monitors
    • Easy/Low maintenance
    • Not a puzzle to install
    Im going to buy a new video card very soon, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

popsean, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

HELP NEWBIE ALERT

1. HELP NEWBIE ALERT - Similar Threads - HELP NEWBIE ALERT

2. Help with batch files for a newbie.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with batch files for a newbie.: Hello and Happy New Year!I have a few files open upon log in to my windows account by using the shell:startup folder. This has been working well but I feel like instead of having to update this folder every week file names change every week due to having the date in their...
  3. Help with batch files for a newbie.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with batch files for a newbie.: Hello and Happy New Year!I have a few files open upon log in to my windows account by using the shell:startup folder. This has been working well but I feel like instead of having to update this folder every week file names change every week due to having the date in their...
  4. Sims 4 - newbie alert - pls help!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sims 4 - newbie alert - pls help!!: I have downloaded the trial version of sims 4 to Origin for my daughter to try out and it looks fun for her. My son also wants to play. If I buy my daughter a copy for her to play offline on her computer do I have to buy another copy of the game for my son to use offline on...
  5. Sims 4 - newbie alert - pls help!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sims 4 - newbie alert - pls help!!: I have downloaded the trial version of sims 4 to Origin for my daughter to try out and it looks fun for her. My son also wants to play. If I buy my daughter a copy for her to play offline on her computer do I have to buy another copy of the game for my son to use offline on...
  6. Sims 4 - newbie alert - pls help!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Newbie need help plz

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Newbie need help plz: I occasionally have an issue where games and other files show like a file and an internet explorer logo. Common? submitted by /u/Dullestwillow27 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ivoi5n/newbie_need_help_plz/
  8. Help a Newbie Create a RAMDisk

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help a Newbie Create a RAMDisk: Hello, Folks, Well, I think the most important reward you get is that I will tell everyone here that you are the greatest person alive! If they could help me do the following. First, solve the following questions with a bit of proof.1. Can you tell me and prove to me which...
  9. Bios update help newbie

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bios update help newbie: hi new here and have just checked my bios and i believe it is out dated here is the current version BIOS Version/Date AMI 8.15, 05/02/2013 and on the hp website it comes up with two opptions this one HP Compaq Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family...
  10. Disabling new 'shell' type desktop - newbie alert!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disabling new 'shell' type desktop - newbie alert!: Hi I'm new here and don't fully understand what I'm on about so apologies in advance for posting in the wrong section (if I have) and also for my vague/incorrect description of my issue (if I have!!). I've updated my laptop to windows 10 (just for information...I...