Windows 10: Help! No audio input devices found

Discus and support Help! No audio input devices found in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just purchased a new laptop (HP envy 360) and am experiencing audio issues! It will not pick up my audio no matter what I do. Under sound settings,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tired-kiwi, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Help! No audio input devices found

I just purchased a new laptop (HP envy 360) and am experiencing audio issues! It will not pick up my audio no matter what I do.

Under sound settings, the input option is listed as “no audio input devices found.” When i plug in my headphones (that have a working microphone), they pop up as “headset microphone (realtek R audio)” but they don’t pick up any sound!

I have tried all sound/ audio trouble shooters, updating, disabling and reinstalling all audio drivers, and am just wondering if anyone has encountered similar issues.

Does my laptop not have any internal audio? I need to be able to communicate with people over Zoom/discord so this is pretty frustrating.

Edit: just to clarify, the normal “Microsoft array (realtek high definition audio)” OR microphone (Anvsoft virtual sound device)” options don’t show up AT ALL under Sound—> input settings.

submitted by /u/tired-kiwi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tired-kiwi, Aug 28, 2020

2. audio input

Hi Nico,

Damaged hardware or incompatible driver are some of the possible causes why you are experiencing an issue the audio input on your device. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Are you using an external audio input device? If yes, what is the make and model of the audio input device you are using as microphone?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer settings before this issue happened?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for audio issue. Visit this link,
    click on Find and fix problems recording sounds and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Aug 28, 2020
  3. No audio input or output devices found

After the last update of Windows 10, no audio devices are listed

Searching in the device manager: all audio devices say it works fine

The sound setting says: no output or input devices were found.

JohnPennington3, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Help! No audio input devices found

Audio Input Device

Hi Bandjo,

I'm Stefano an Independent Advisor, here to help you.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue about audio and I will help you solve this.

First of all I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Audio driver:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "View"

4. Click on "Show hidden device"

5. Click on "Sound video and games controller

6. Right click on your audio card

7. Click on "Uninstall device"

8. Repeat point 6 and 7 for each device under Sound video and games Controller

9. Click on "Audio input and output"

10. Right click on your audio device

11. Click on "Uninstall device"

12. Repeat point 10 and 11 for each device under Audio Input and Output

13. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

If after that you still experience audio problems, please follow this procedure:

1. Press WINDOWS + I

2. Click on "Update and Security"

3. Click on "Troubleshooter"

4. Click on "Audio playback"

5. Follow on screen instructions.

StefanoTamiotti, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Help! No audio input devices found

1. Help! No audio input devices found - Similar Threads - Help audio input

2. No audio input devices found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio input devices found: I have been trying use my computers microphone, it was working fine. But all of a sudden my laptop stopped detecting microphone since 2 days on my dell pc.It constantly shows 'no input devices found' in settings. Even with and without plugging in an earphone. Please help me...
  3. No Audio INPUT found

No Audio INPUT found: After I installed VR, my pc no longer detects the microphone from my headphones. I have done a full system restore, reinstalled every driver imaginable and still nothing. I've tried multiple types of earphones and headphones but none seem to work. there's no visible damage...
  4. No audio input device found on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    No audio input device found on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some users reported that the sound of the computer stopped working completely when they […] This article No audio input device found on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. No input Devices Found.

No input Devices Found.: Hey! So I got this new monitor today The Lenovo Q27q-10 and I plugged my headset Razer D. Va Meka Headset into the back of it and then went to go play with my friends. My mic didn't work. I went to go look at the setting and it said no input devices found? None of the forums...
  6. No input devices found

in Windows 10 Customization
    No input devices found: Audio input device not found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-input-devices-found/25f2e93b-614a-4cd1-9800-fcf77574be0d
  7. no input or output audio devices found

in Windows 10 Customization
    no input or output audio devices found: My computer used to play audio and one day it stopped and says no audio playback devices are found on this computer. When I run the troubleshooter it says the update should take care of it and to restart your computer. Which I have done multiple times. Any ideas?...
  8. No audio input or output devices found

No audio input or output devices found: After the last update of Windows 10, no audio devices are listed Searching in the device manager: all audio devices say it works fine The sound setting says: no output or input devices were found....
  9. No Audio Input or Output Devices found

No Audio Input or Output Devices found: After latest windows 10 update no audio devices are listed/ Looking in device manager - the audio devices all say working OK But on bar at bottem of screen get speaker with red cross -- Playing audio - Audio trouble shouter cannot find any problems .. Sound settings say...
  10. No audio input device found

No audio input device found: Cortana 't respond to my voice after recognising "Hey Cortana". Other voice inputs like Ok Google work fine. Help!!! 64287