Windows 10: HELP!!! no matter what I do, I cannot delete that file...does anyone have any tricks or...

Discus and support HELP!!! no matter what I do, I cannot delete that file...does anyone have any tricks or... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/candr14 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dysw6d/help_no_matter_what_i_do_i_cannot_delete_that/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/candr14, Nov 19, 2019.

1. HELP!!! no matter what I do, I cannot delete that file...does anyone have any tricks or...

/u/candr14, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Delete and Cut Files with Preview Pane Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you tried to delete the pdf file in preview panel?
    • What exactly happens when try to delete the pdf file?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Select View and click on preview panel.

• Select the pdf file.

• At the right corner you will be able to see preview panel.

• You can right click on it and delete the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Nov 19, 2019
  4. DCnewbie Win User

HELP!!! no matter what I do, I cannot delete that file...does anyone have any tricks or...

How do I delete registry files?

Does it matter if I deleted programs at:
    Go to Hkey_Current User> Software intead of "Local Machine"?

Also, where can I check if programs listed there are legitimate? Isn't there a website to check the names of programs or applications?

DCnewbie, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

HELP!!! no matter what I do, I cannot delete that file...does anyone have any tricks or...

1. HELP!!! no matter what I do, I cannot delete that file...does anyone have any tricks or... - Similar Threads - HELP matter cannot

2. My PC does not start Windows, no matter what I do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC does not start Windows, no matter what I do: Tonight it happened that my PC had some kind of problem (screen freeze) for no reason. I tried to turn it off and open it again, what I didn't know is that it led me to a big problem now that I try to fix it for 3-4 hours. Now, every time I try to open my PC, it starts...
  3. My PC does not turn on, no matter what I do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC does not turn on, no matter what I do: Tonight it happened that my PC had some kind of problem (screen freeze) for no reason. I tried to turn it off and open it again. Now, every time I try to open my PC, it starts normally and then turns off and reopens, but this time with a text that says 'Preparing the...
  4. Can't delete folder no matter what I do.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't delete folder no matter what I do.: Whilst downloading a third party software, I accidently downloaded a bloatware antivirus. I tried deleting it, and it told me it required permissions from " " to be deleted. After doing tons of steps to change the permissions to my own Account Name, it still tells...
  5. I cannot change the default app for any type files no matter what.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot change the default app for any type files no matter what.: Good evening. I formatted my PC few days ago. Everything is going smooth except for the fact I cannot change the default apps of any kind of format/program in any way. Weather I do it through the Settings, or directly on a specific file, I cannot change it. I can open the...
  6. No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe.....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe.....: No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe from a question I got answered more than a year ago!!! It is driving me crazy!!!! STOP THE MADNESS!!!!...
  7. Can't activate Windows no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows no matter what I do: This is the same title of the issue I reported December 21, 2017. That issue was upgrading the hardware on my wife's PC. I now have the same issue on my PC. History: Ran Win 7 Pro. Upgraded to free Win 10 Pro. Changed CPU and mobo. No activation issues. Installed CU and...
  8. Can't activate Windows no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows no matter what I do: Title. PC first had Win 7 Home 32bit (retail with key). Upgraded to Win 10 Home 32bit from free MS web upgrade when it came out. OS activated just fine then. OS automatically upgraded itself to Fall CU. No activation issues. Upgraded to Win 10 Home 64bit via Media...
  9. Does anyone knows any file delete app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone knows any file delete app?: Hi, I'm using the Tuneup 2016 app, this suite has a program called Tuneup shredder, I wonder if someone knows any alternative of this tool. This app safes delete the files. I'm planning to stop using Tuneup but i find very usefull the file deteler. Thanks!. 67676
  10. usb not working no matter what i have tried

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb not working no matter what i have tried: Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help me fix my usb ports. I have tried everything that users have posted on many forums. also Microsoft have tried multiple times via remote connection only to put the pc into a boot loop. the problem is the usb ports only work some of the...