Windows 10: Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020

Discus and support Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020 How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RichardZachary, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020

Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020

How do I fix this?

:)

RichardZachary, Sep 17, 2020

2. window10 sound problems - I need help can you help me do that to fix the sound.

Hi,

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• What all the troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolved the issue?
    • What is the exact issue are you facing with sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Sep 17, 2020
  3. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020

Computer lost its sound (audio) since an upgrade by windows 10 in Sept. 4, 2017

Hi,

It's kinda odd that your computer lost its sound/audio after the Windows Update on Sept 4, 2017. When updates should've enhanced the performance of a computer. It could be the ports, sound card, drivers, etc. However, we don't want to assume anything until
    we isolated your concern. First, we suggest that you follow each of the troubleshooting steps in this
    article. Second, we would like to know if you're receiving an error message whenever you play an audio or a video file.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020

1. Help: no sound after windows update Sept 2020 - Similar Threads - Help sound update

2. Window 10 update sept 2020 requires restart to complete install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 update sept 2020 requires restart to complete install: I am unable to complete my Sept 2020 windows 10 update. I get a "what needs your attention" message with no explanation of what is wrong, but it tells me to restart. I've attempted this numerous occasions but after about 25% of install, it stops and the same meesage comes up....
  3. How do I set reminders after the Sept 2020 windows update?

in Cortana
    How do I set reminders after the Sept 2020 windows update?: I used Cortana reminders a lot, so the Sept 2020 update really threw me for a loop. There is no Notebook. I've searched for hours online trying to figure out how to set up the reminders. I did try searching the community forusm, but there is no date filter, and everything...
  4. Windows 10 Update Printing Problem Sept 2020

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Update Printing Problem Sept 2020: Following a recent update the sreen would intermittently flash and would eventually turn completely white. In this state it was apparently unresponsive to keyboard and mouse. If the computer went to sleep it invariably awoke in the same white screen state. I have had this...
  5. New Update MSFS 2020 on Sept. 29, 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Update MSFS 2020 on Sept. 29, 2020: Yesterday I started MSFS 2020 ver 1.9.3.0 through the Xbox application and it came up saying I need to update. So I started the update and it shows to have completely downloaded and now is decompressing fs-base-0.1.87.fspatch.001... It has been stuck on this now after...
  6. Windows 10 update Sept 2020 has caused many problems !!!!!

Windows 10 update Sept 2020 has caused many problems !!!!!: Hi, windows 10 update on 7th Sept 2020 to OS build 19041.508 Version 2004 has caused many problems with my PC. 1/ I log onto Windows account when starting PC, but then during use it prompts that I am not logged in the the account and I have to go through the FIX option,...
  7. Cannot open Settings because it is NO LONGER THERE-- after Windows 10 Update Sept 2020.

Cannot open Settings because it is NO LONGER THERE-- after Windows 10 Update Sept 2020.: After most recent Sept 2020 Windows10 update, I do NOT have Settings any longer. Gear icon is there, error message "file not found" when I ran ms-settings in Powershell. I cannot uninstall the update, because I cannot access Settings. IT IS NOT THERE. After the update; upon...
  8. Sept 2020 Win10 update broke internet connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sept 2020 Win10 update broke internet connectivity: Yesterday Sept 18, 2020 I installed a Windows 10 update to my Lenovo laptop, and I now consistently get a “no internet, secured” message when I try to connect to wifi. I’ve looked through various online suggestions for fixing this error but none of them seem to work. My...
  9. Outlook 365 not working after Windows 10 Sept 15 2020 forced update.

Outlook 365 not working after Windows 10 Sept 15 2020 forced update.: After routinely shutting my computer down on Sept 15 2020, Windows 10 installed a large forced update. Since then, Microsoft Outlook 365 does not work. I have restarted the computer and Outlook a couple of times, checked forums, and disabled add-ins, but I still cannot use...
  10. Incorrect password after sept 2020 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Incorrect password after sept 2020 update: Hello everyone! I updated my computer last night and today it keeps telling me “incorrect password error”. However I don’t even have a password for it, I usually press login and that’s it. Now the error appears instead and, as I can’t type anything because I don’t use a...