Windows 10: [help] No sound when running application as admin

Discus and support [help] No sound when running application as admin in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I run an application as an admin you will usually here that sound after u right click the application and press run as administrator. My pc is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kyle1641, May 2, 2020.

1. [help] No sound when running application as admin

When I run an application as an admin you will usually here that sound after u right click the application and press run as administrator. My pc is not doing that how do I fix this? Another example is when I click my volume meter in the bottom right (0-100) it usually makes the windows sound on how loud the audio is but nothing. Any help or fixes?

submitted by /u/Kyle1641
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kyle1641, May 2, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

Bree, May 2, 2020
  3. djmcnz Win User
    running DOS as ADMIN

I assume you don't have 'exit' anywhere in your batch file?

Rather than playing with 'pause' - if you want to see the output...

1. Open a command window as admin
    2. Run the batch file manually
    3. Command window will not close unless the 'exit' command is issued
    4. Read output
    That's the first step I'd take to diagnose. Then run every line in your batch file manually, one-by-one, in your admin command window (copy and paste from the actual batch file, don't retype the commands).

You'll soon find your problem.

djmcnz, May 2, 2020
  4. [help] No sound when running application as admin

Allow Standard User run application as admin

we have a shortcut that is calling a .exe file that requires admin rights by the UAC. I would like to be able to run the application without any admin rights or give the standard user admin rights only to this .exe. What we have done and failed.

1. Application properties >> security >> Advanced >> Permissions >> Full Control

to local group A (which includes the user) and user by them self.
      1. Gave ownership of folder to local Group A.
      2. I looked in Regedit and I see the user, and they have full control for that application.
      3. have checked run as admin and unchecked too.
        We do not want to use /savecred because of security risk. What other steps can we take to find a solution.

Window 10 and on a domain

coco minion, May 2, 2020
Thema:

[help] No sound when running application as admin

1. [help] No sound when running application as admin - Similar Threads - help sound running

2. need help with fixing the run as admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help with fixing the run as admin: I was messing around in gpedit and in local policies, the most bottom folder and the most bottom selection in the bottom folder, i pressed enable and now when i try to run anything with admin user and password it wont show the option to insert admin user and password and...
  3. need help with fixing the run as admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need help with fixing the run as admin: I was messing around in gpedit and in local policies, the most bottom folder and the most bottom selection in the bottom folder, i pressed enable and now when i try to run anything with admin user and password it wont show the option to insert admin user and password and...
  4. Help! DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD for ntoskrnl.exe when running graphics applications...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD for ntoskrnl.exe when running graphics applications...: Hi I'm pretty sure that this is not a hardware issue. I have a Dell Precision 5530 still under warranty and Dell has verified that all the hardware is fine. But recently since May every time I have any graphics-heavy app open in the background and/or idle and I return from...
  5. Help! DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD for ntoskrnl.exe when running graphics applications...

Help! DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD for ntoskrnl.exe when running graphics applications...: Hi I'm pretty sure that this is not a hardware issue. I have a Dell Precision 5530 still under warranty and Dell has verified that all the hardware is fine. But recently since May every time I have any graphics-heavy app open in the background and/or idle and I return from...
  6. Help with running/downloading applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with running/downloading applications: So I just switched from my mom's Mac Mini computer to a fancy gaming Windows 10 computer of my own and I'm having trouble with running certain applications? For example I'm trying to download the rgb control software for my Tecware Phantom 87 key keyboard, it saves it as a...
  7. Stopping an application from running on admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stopping an application from running on admin: When I go to properties, shortcuts, and then advanced I uncheck the box and then click done. But after I click done I check to see if it worked and the box ticked itself automatically. Please help....
  8. No sound output when running an application

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound output when running an application: Ever since my PC went over to working with Windows 10, I have had ongoing trouble running an application known as 'Spin it Again', https://acoustica.com/products/spin-it-again. I am not getting any audio output when running this. I do get audio with other applications, the...
  9. application run as admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    application run as admin: Hi Team, i have windows10 pro 64 bit operation system and part of domain account. i facing below mentioned issues while open the application. 1. i have installed that application using local administrator profile 2. but when my user login with domain user profile and...
  10. All applications only run when clicking "Run as Admin"

All applications only run when clicking "Run as Admin": I got this issue a few days ago, after my dad accidentally shared my entire hard drive. Now, whatever application I run, I have to right click it, and run as an admin, or I get an error or the application doesn't run at all. The thing is, I'm the only admin on my computer....