Windows 10: Help: Non-existent user displayed

Discus and support Help: Non-existent user displayed in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, it's me again with a new problem. After a migration from a drive to another one (with Paragon) for one day all was OK. Yesterday I started... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Lio, Sep 13, 2015.

1. LIO
    Lio Win User

Help: Non-existent user displayed

Hello, it's me again with a new problem.

After a migration from a drive to another one (with Paragon) for one day all was OK.
    Yesterday I started to move the system folders (pictures, downloads, videos).
    The first mistake I think it was the NOT have created a photo folder on the partition because the whole partition is dedicated precisely to the images.
    I used Windows to move the folder giving as address the partition.
    Instead putting: F: \ Pictures I only put F: \
    In fact Windows took the partition as a folder in the properties and I see that It considers all the partition as system folder with the possibility to restore the default.

Help: Non-existent user displayed [​IMG]

But this morning I noticed that there is no name on my "Pictures folder" but only F: \ I know I want to correct this.
    The idea was to restore the folder to its default and then relocate after creating the folder "Pictures" in the partition F: \
    Here the screenshot:

Access denied?
    I am the only user and have full power so it makes no sense.
    Then I realized something absurd: my account is BigBear and there are no others. But the name of the user folder is different: only BigBear.
    Then I noticed that a program had created a folder "Pictures \ Screen capure instead of using the original folder Screen capture that is in Pictures ( F: \).
    Following that folder I have seen that it seem to exist two users:

Same folder, different address.

BigBear which is the right one, administrator of my PC and only user in the settings and even a BigBear (without )

The names change, but the addresses are identical, the folder on the desktop is "BigBear ", but the program for screenshots has created a different folder "pictures" in C: \ Users \ BigBear \ Pictures \ Screen capture.

You can see here as two different user folder, but in C:\ there is only one!!!

with the same content:

If I write
    C: \ Users \ BigBear \ leads me anyway to BigBear as a user and the Pictures "folder\screen capture" NOT exist.
    I hope that the screenshots may explain why the words can not do it!
    In fact I can't enter in the "pictures" of that path because it does NOT exist in the user BigBear nor in C: \ as for that user (BigBear , only user and administrator) the folder "Pictures is not in C : \ but in F: \

But this is probably the reason why I was denied access to REAL "Pictures" folder to be able to move and fix.

A full hour to try to explain this absurd problem and I can only hope you understand me.

What can I do? Can you figure out what happened?

:)

2. Doc Pit Win User

Non-existent User Account Displayed

I just did a reinstall of Windows 10 Pro. There are two user accounts on the machine: FrankJ and Administrator. However, under C:/Users, the only two accounts are Public and FrankT. While FrankT shows up in Explorer, there is no FrankT account in Control
    Panel>Users. Any advice on how to correct this?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Doc Pit, Sep 13, 2015
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Non-existent User Account Displayed

it sounds like there might be two things going on here.

1) FrankJ and FrankT - is it possible that you entered FrankT as the username and later corrected it to FrankJ?

if, when you first set up you misspell the username and later correct it the folder names do not change.

the only way round this is to rename the user, create a new user FrankJ log on to the new FrankJ (which will automatically create c:\users\FrankJ folders. copy all the data from the FrankT folders to FrankJ folders then remove the FrankT user and files.

2) you may have the built in administrator account active

right click start and select command prompt (admin).

in command prompt type net user administrator /active:no and press enter

Martmcd, Sep 13, 2015
  4. LIO
    Lio Win User

Hello,

it's me again.... I posted my problem HERE, but I think it was incomprehensible to everyone.
    So I started to study all of your user account tutorials
    I did all the checks I'm logged in with a Microsoft account, as administrator, I don't need to write a password at startup. As you can see see in my request post no local account is shown and personally - I have never create another account.
    But on a different partition, there is the old OS Windows 8 in which I exist as an account:
    Win 8 ---> BigBear
    Win 10 ---> BigBear

This is the user account details (by CMD as your explanation):
    Code: AccountType=512 Description=Built-in account for administering the computer/domain Disabled=TRUE Domain=-BigBear FullName= InstallDate= LocalAccount=TRUE Lockout=FALSE Name=Administrator PasswordChangeable=TRUE PasswordExpires=FALSE PasswordRequired=TRUE SID=S-1-5-21-3241889713-3184538362-831395244-500 SIDType=1 Status=Degraded AccountType=512 Description= Disabled=FALSE Domain=-BigBear FullName=BigBear InstallDate= LocalAccount=TRUE Lockout=FALSE Name=BigBear PasswordChangeable=TRUE PasswordExpires=FALSE PasswordRequired=TRUE SID=S-1-5-21-3241889713-3184538362-831395244-1001 SIDType=1 Status=OK AccountType=512 Description=A user account managed by the system. Disabled=TRUE Domain=-BigBear FullName= InstallDate= LocalAccount=TRUE Lockout=FALSE Name=DefaultAccount PasswordChangeable=TRUE PasswordExpires=TRUE PasswordRequired=TRUE SID=S-1-5-21-3241889713-3184538362-831395244-503 SIDType=1 Status=Degraded AccountType=512 Description=Built-in account for guest access to the computer/domain Disabled=TRUE Domain=-BigBear FullName= InstallDate= LocalAccount=TRUE Lockout=FALSE Name=Guest PasswordChangeable=FALSE PasswordExpires=FALSE PasswordRequired=FALSE SID=S-1-5-21-3241889713-3184538362-831395244-501 SIDType=1 Status=Degraded AccountType=512 Description=Built-in account for homegroup access to the computer Disabled=FALSE Domain=-BigBear FullName=HomeGroupUser$ InstallDate= LocalAccount=TRUE Lockout=FALSE Name=HomeGroupUser$ PasswordChangeable=TRUE PasswordExpires=FALSE PasswordRequired=TRUE SID=S-1-5-21-3241889713-3184538362-831395244-1003 SIDType=1 Status=OK[/quote] I'm not able to see here in this log, if I'm really the only user here in Win 10, but for sure there is a problem yesterday and still now.
    To see it, look at these screenshots:

Up one level

Up one level

NO folder "Pictures" exactly as it should be because my folder "Pictures" in the F;\ partition and not there.

But if I show the hidden items:

that "pictures" folder (not the system pictures folder) is there!!

The starting problem for me was only to create the "folder Pictures" in F:\ instead of having F:\ as "folder Pictures" as I explain in the other post but then I've found that - maybe - the problem is in the user account so I'm asking here.

Can you help me, please?

Thank you.

5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 14, 2015
  6. LIO
    Lio Win User
    First of all, thanks for the reply.

*WhatWhere did you seen this? And why everywhere I see BigBear ? Or sometimes I see one and after the other one.

I know you are very busy, but I want to understand. Folder hidden, double user name, and other strange things user account related.

For example, if I use Windows to relocate my system folders (downloads, pictures, documents etc) why after the relocation they are no longer in the folder User?
    In the this screen, you can see all the system folder NOT yet relocated, but the folder already relocated are not there (Downloads, Pictures and Videos)

but if you look at this, they are all present.

The only difference is on the user folder name : BigBear and BigBear.
    But there is only one user!! *Banghead

Wainting for some "light", I'll try with that Windows 7 Tut.

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    "BigBear" is your user profile folder name, and is what is primarily used for your account name.

"BigBear Lio" shows as the full name of your "BigBear" account, so they would both be used for the same account.

Restoring your "Pictures" folder back to the default location in your user profile folder may help with the permissions issue with it.

Brink, Sep 14, 2015
  8. LIO
    Lio Win User

Ok, i run the "Restore_Pictures_Default_Location.bat" and - cmd tell succesfully ...

But now I have TWO different Pictures system folder: one in user and one in F:\

So that doesn't solve my problem!

So I've tried this:

Restoring to default the system Pictures folder relocated by me in F:\

but this is the reply:

This it's the confirmation that I have now TWO system folders "pictures".
    I've not yet confirmed because of I don't know how I have to do *cry

9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You do not want to do OPTION ONE as well if you already did OPTION TWO.

The folder on C: will be now considered your default "Pictures" folder.

It won't delete the folder on F: since you may want it, but it's safe to delete if you don't.

Are you able to access the folder on C: now?

Brink, Sep 14, 2015
  10. LIO
    Lio Win User
    I've some problem to understand ... *Shock*Redface
    What's Option ONE end Option TWO?
    If you are speaking about OPTION TWO of the tutorial to restore your "Pictures" folder, I did it but that doesn.t solve my problem.

I only want to have ONE ONLY "Pictures system folder" and I want it in F:\

Yes, I'm now able to see and access that "Pictures" system folder. But that folder is a duplicate and I want ONE only picture folder in F:\ *Smile

Be patient Shawn, it's difficult for me and I hate to see that big mess happened and I don't understand where it comes from.

11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 14, 2015
  12. LIO
    Lio Win User
    I did all and all went well, but still the problem is there.

Now I have my Pictures system folder moved in F:\Pictures and that's OK.
    But all the F:\ partition is considered as Pictures system folder because of my first mistake to move the Pictures folder in a partition without having create a "folder", so the whole partition is now a folder system Pictures.

I have now a Pictures system folder in a system Pictures "partition folder".
    And I have newly two different "user" : BigBear and BigBear *Banghead

And you can see that the "icon" is that for system folder Pictures for both the real folder Pictures and the partition "folder Pictures"

This is the real new folder Pictures

This is the partition seen as folder Pictures

And in BigBear I have still a system pictures folder as partition F:\

but in BigBear NO system folder Pictures

And .... if I enter in C:\ then in Users I have only the folder BigBear and Public and in that user BigBear NO folder Pictures

And if I have both the folder BigBear and BigBear open, and I switch from one to the second one, also in BigBear I see the same folders I can see in BigBear and the address bar has the same address, but different name.
    If I close BigBear (C:\Users\BigBear), enter in F:\ where the system folder Pictures is relocated (without entering in that folder) and then come back in User folder, I'm newly in BigBear user folder, with the system pictures folder named SB-1 Pictures and on the address bar I have the User icon ad you can see in one of the above screenshot.

*Banghead*Devil*Doh

The last thing I can try is to merge the two folder.
    By Properties in the whole partition F:\ (seen ad system folder Pictures by the OS) move to F:\Pictures (seen as system folder Pictures)

I don't know what can happen because in F:\ there is ONLY the folder Pictures and this is a crazy question!

Do you think it's worth a try or my PC will explode?

13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 15, 2015
  14. LIO
    Lio Win User
    Using the same "Restore_Pictures_Default_Location" batch file?
    And you are speaking about the partition F:\ as pictures folder ? The same one that contains the system Pictures folder?

IF I try with the restore Default I have newly C:\Users\BigBear\Pictures (as proposed default address) and would be the same if I choose the same in the system Pictures folder into F:\
    It's a big folder ....

15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Correct. Use the .bat file to restore "Pictures" to C: to start over fresh.

Afterwards, delete any old "Pictures" folder on F, create a new "Pictures" folder on F, then move the location to F.

Brink, Sep 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Help: Non-existent user displayed - Similar Threads - Help Non existent

2. Non existent drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non existent drive: I had an external drive that failed and was removed from the system. It still shows in my explorer tree. I went to windows security and said to scan the non- existent drive expecting to get an "error" of some type. Instead, I got results that said it scanned 18103 files in 17...
  3. Non existent drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Non existent drive: I had an external drive that failed and was removed from the system. It still shows in my explorer tree. I went to windows security and said to scan the non- existent drive expecting to get an "error" of some type. Instead, I got results that said it scanned 18103 files in 17...
  4. Non existent drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. microphone is non existant

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microphone is non existant: I cannot get the microphone to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-non-existant/40debec0-8ed5-4693-8fca-3a5a8508e323
  6. microphone is non existant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone is non existant: I cannot get the microphone to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-non-existant/40debec0-8ed5-4693-8fca-3a5a8508e323
  7. microphone is non existant

8. Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User: I used the 'restore from backup' option from control panel on my new win11 notebookusing a backup of my old win10 laptop. A seperate User folder for the data was created by default, but no actual user profile. Trying to delete the User folder results in this error: "you need...
  9. Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User

Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User: I used the 'restore from backup' option from control panel on my new win11 notebookusing a backup of my old win10 laptop. A seperate User folder for the data was created by default, but no actual user profile. Trying to delete the User folder results in this error: "you need...
  10. A non-existent problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    A non-existent problem: Every time I switch my laptop on I get the following message : " Microsoft account problem we need to fix the problem go to settings to fix the problem " Every time for the last two months I go to settings and fix the supposed problem and get a message back saying that your...