Windows 10: HELP! On booting up, screen was completely black, only thing visible was mouse pointer....

Discus and support HELP! On booting up, screen was completely black, only thing visible was mouse pointer.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/someonewhowa [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/someonewhowa, May 22, 2020.

1. HELP! On booting up, screen was completely black, only thing visible was mouse pointer....

/u/someonewhowa, May 22, 2020
  2. renkun Win User

Recent udpate - screen boots black with just a mouse pointer

Hello everyone,

So i recently gave my laptop an update today. It was fine before but...now it boots to a black screen with just a mouse pointer visible. What should i do?

Many thanks. Ren.

renkun, May 22, 2020
  3. Screen turns black with my mouse pointer visible and movable

Please help me somebody.. My laptop screen turns black and there is only mouse pointer visible and movable nothing else. I can't enter to safe mode also. I've win 10 os in my pc. When I updated it, its update installation process was running and suddenly
    it turn screen black. I don't know what to do. Please help me out.

akshaygotmare, May 22, 2020
  4. ugn10 Win User

HELP! On booting up, screen was completely black, only thing visible was mouse pointer....

Windows 10 Black Screen with the mouse pointer.

Hi,

Most of time when I press the power button, after few seconds, black screen appears with the mouse pointer.
    Hard Disk indicator flashes continuously, no changes and no error message on the screen.
    Even no change, if I press Alt+Ctrl+Del. It remains same till the time I do not press Reset button or I do not restart.
    When I press Reset button, only then it comes back with Windows Log in page.

I did ...
    • double check the hard disk cable connectivity,
    • clean boot and
    • even windows re-installation
    but still the same problem.

Please help me to fix this issue.

ugn10, May 22, 2020
Thema:

HELP! On booting up, screen was completely black, only thing visible was mouse pointer....

1. HELP! On booting up, screen was completely black, only thing visible was mouse pointer.... - Similar Threads - HELP booting screen

2. Black screen with mouse on boot up W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with mouse on boot up W11: Hello, when ı open my PC its really slow and it boots up into a temporary blackscreen with only mice visible, Sometimes it shows something has crashed in the top corner of the screen but it goes away too fast ı cant catch what it is, Even after the black screen has gone away...
  3. Black screen with mouse on boot up W11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with mouse on boot up W11: Hello, when ı open my PC its really slow and it boots up into a temporary blackscreen with only mice visible, Sometimes it shows something has crashed in the top corner of the screen but it goes away too fast ı cant catch what it is, Even after the black screen has gone away...
  4. Black screen with visible mouse but no Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with visible mouse but no Task Manager: I got home today, booted my laptop and went to make myself something to eat. I was surprised that 15 min later, my laptop still wasn't really on. I moved the mouse and I saw that it was shown on the screen but nothing else was being displayed. I force shutdown the laptop and...
  5. Black screen with visible mouse but no Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with visible mouse but no Task Manager: I got home today, booted my laptop and went to make myself something to eat. I was surprised that 15 min later, my laptop still wasn't really on. I moved the mouse and I saw that it was shown on the screen but nothing else was being displayed. I force shutdown the laptop and...
  6. mouse pointer is not visible in lock scrren

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    mouse pointer is not visible in lock scrren: After culmative update, My mouse pointer not visible in lock screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-is-not-visible-in-lock-scrren/4c188fdf-5631-4900-80e1-83d9cd226bf6
  7. Mouse pointer is not visible on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Mouse pointer is not visible on lock screen: The mouse pointer is not visible on the lock screen help me out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-is-not-visible-on-lock-screen/105cc18d-61ee-421e-a2eb-47f8b0c39c95
  8. Windows 10 will not complete the boot-up routine; blue-screen only with cursor visible and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 will not complete the boot-up routine; blue-screen only with cursor visible and...: Hello, Can someone help please? We have an Acer Aspire 5742 laptop running Windows 10 but following a system update it will not complete the boot-up routine; it just gives an empty blue-screen with only the cursor visible and movable. It did try conducting a 'self-repair'...
  9. Black screen with mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with mouse pointer: I wanted to give some feedback for the 10061 build and when I did, Windows kindly offered to create a Microsoft Account for me as I didn't have one on my Dell 15R laptop. That worked fine and i was able to submit the feedback, but when I Signed out of the MS account so I...
  10. Recent udpate - screen boots black with just a mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent udpate - screen boots black with just a mouse pointer: Hello everyone, So i recently gave my laptop an update today. It was fine before but...now it boots to a black screen with just a mouse pointer visible. What should i do? Many thanks. Ren. 27706