Windows 10: Help on delay doing anything on computer

Discus and support Help on delay doing anything on computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I just got a new Windows 10 laptop which is a upgrade in every way from my previous laptop. Unfortunately, whenever I do anything (like opening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SKim4, Sep 7, 2019.

1. SKim4 Win User

Help on delay doing anything on computer

Hello, I just got a new Windows 10 laptop which is a upgrade in every way from my previous laptop. Unfortunately, whenever I do anything (like opening a new tab, opening a program, trying to type, etc.) it pauses for 3-20 seconds before showing anything. Funny enough, my mouse is usually able to still move and stuff. My previous computer had no issues with this. I tried disk cleanup, restarting the computer, and I made sure no other programs are running in the background. In task manager, it always says my disk is being used 90-100% and when I check what is using it the most, System is the first thing with 0.4 Mb being used. I should note that I did get this computer used from a family member who used it for less than 3 months, and I preformed a reset. There wasn't much to be reset anyway, just a couple documents and chrome downloaded on the computer. Please help, I need this for college.

:)

SKim4, Sep 7, 2019
  2. TCanuck42 Win User

Building A Computer. Experts Help Please.

THanks for your suggestions. Just exactly how do you actually overclock the cpu. what steps are required?

TCanuck42, Sep 7, 2019
  3. TCanuck42 Win User
    Building A Computer. Experts Help Please.

THanks for your suggestions. Just exactly how do you actually overclock the cpu. what steps are required?

TCanuck42, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Help on delay doing anything on computer

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Help on delay doing anything on computer

1. Help on delay doing anything on computer - Similar Threads - Help delay doing

2. Cant Do Anything On Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant Do Anything On Computer: So recently my computer randomly froze, crashed and is now on this Automatic repair "Your PC did not start correctly". I have tried countless options online that I have found using the troubleshoot option in advanced options. I have also tried to reset my pc but that doesn't...
  3. I can't do anything

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't do anything: I don't have a active windows key I bought it from cyberpower and they gave a key with it but it never worked so now there is just a activate windows in the bottom right corner and on top of that I don't have admin powers I am for some reason on a guest account It happened...
  4. Boot Delay Help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot Delay Help: I just upgraded to 1803 and my cold boot delay has increased from 20s to 40s. I found this 101 error causing a 16 sec boot delay but don't understand the report. Any ideas what's causing this? Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance/Operational Source:...
  5. Can't do anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't do anything: There was an update from windows that wasn't installing and keeps on failling. Yesterday, I while I tried one more time to install the update. I opened HP support to check for any HP related update. While search, a command promt programme opened and started giving out lines...
  6. Help! Can't install anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! Can't install anything: Just tried installing LibreOffice, Almost installed then it started rolling back. Said... Virus & Threat Protection Unauthorized Changes Blocked Controlled Folder Access Blocked So I turned off Windows Defender and tried again. Same message. Tried Safe Mode...No Windows...
  7. FCU does not do anything

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    FCU does not do anything: After downloading and running Windows10Upgrade9252.exe i get this screen and nothing else: [img] Checking Task Manager shows no CPU , no I/O, and no network activity. So I hit Exit. I did get a Windows10Upgrade directory with lots of stuff on my C: drive, but I am...
  8. I can't do ANYTHING

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can't do ANYTHING: I logged on my laptop this morning and when I'm logged in I try to open up google chrome or spotify, but nothing works! I looked deeper into this and I tried fixing it but it didn't work. It's been around 2-3 days that I've been having this issue and I'd lile for someone...
  9. Computer repeatedly restarts before I can do anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer repeatedly restarts before I can do anything: So this morning, I tried to install Windows 10. At first, it worked! I was all happy, so went on to login. Once I logged into my microsoft account, I was greeted by a blackscreen where I could move my mouse around. so, I rebooted, shift+clicked Restart, and got to the...
  10. After login my desktop can't do anything and need help?

in Windows 10 Support
    After login my desktop can't do anything and need help?: Turn on my computer this morning and bam have this issue where it takes for ever to boot up to the account login and once I log on takes a bit to show the desktop but once it does nothing works can't right click, scroll over the start menu and the cursor changes to the...