Windows 10: Help on Oct 2020 update confusion

Discus and support Help on Oct 2020 update confusion in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi yesterday October 18, I had to do the update and restart my laptop, which took over an hour for it to complete. But today after signing into my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Diana.D, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Diana.D Win User

Help on Oct 2020 update confusion

Hi yesterday October 18, I had to do the update and restart my laptop, which took over an hour for it to complete. But today after signing into my laptop, this appeared in my power button and now I am concerned that maybe yesterday's update and restart didn't work as it should have. Should I update and restart like it says or for now ignore it and see what happens later? If I don't have to do an update, I'll like to avoid it since my laptop is low on space. I placed a picture below. Help on Oct 2020 update confusion [​IMG]

:)

Diana.D, Oct 19, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Totally Confused with Email

Hi Cole,

Please reply with the below information to know more about the issue:

• Are you trying to create third user account in the mail app?
    • Which email account have you configured with two accounts (live mail, outlook or Gmail etc)?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Method 2: I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter from the below article and check if it helps.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Help on Oct 2020 update confusion

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Help on Oct 2020 update confusion

1. Help on Oct 2020 update confusion - Similar Threads - Help Oct 2020

2. Windows 10 32-bit Oct 2020 Update fails on VirtualBox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 32-bit Oct 2020 Update fails on VirtualBox: So, I have downloaded the Windows 10 32-bit ISO from here, and I am trying to set a Virtual Machine so I can use WoR Windows on Raspberry Pi, but the tool requires Windows 10 so I have to use a Virtual Machine since I do not have access to an actual PC. So I tried to set it...
  3. Unable to RDP to Windows Server 2016 after latest update Oct 2020

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to RDP to Windows Server 2016 after latest update Oct 2020: We have a new Windows 2016 server, hosted under VMWare ESXi 6.5u1. The host does not have a 3d accelerator, and none is presented to Windows 2016 I have a Windows 2016 Server 1607, hosted under VMWare ESXi 6. The host doesn't habe a 3D accelerator and none is presented to...
  4. Problem after last date window updates 17 Oct, 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem after last date window updates 17 Oct, 2020: Dear The window was updated on 18 October 2020. The first thing was That firefox was not working, Its shows that "Already firefox is running, its not responding" Something like that Besides that The Bar "Type here to search" is also not showing anything. When I checked...
  5. Change from recent Windows Update Oct 2020

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change from recent Windows Update Oct 2020: I have seen an annoying change in my computer's behavior since a recent Windows update. I have a small work space and have a large monitor sitting on my closed laptop. Before this change I could get my computer to wake up by moving the mouse or hitting Enter on the wireless...
  6. File Explorer Error After W10 update on 15 oct 2020

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Error After W10 update on 15 oct 2020: I have no choice but to update my windows when I finished my works at evening. Because when I click shut down or restart, it will be being updated. When I using my laptop again at night, suddenly file explorer keep on not responding whenever I did some action like copy and...
  7. Oct update

Oct update: Since Oct update adobe flash player in chrome does not work , can work around sometimes but online poker sites now keep saying update flash player even tho it is integrated in chrome, any advice?...
  8. Oct update

Oct update: Since Oct update adobe flash player in chrome does not work , can work around sometimes but online poker sites now keep saying update flash player even tho it is integrated in chrome, any advice?...
  9. Update confusion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update confusion: I have update KB4034674 (Build 15063.540) successfully install on 8/8/2017. Then on 8/13/2017 KB4032188 (Build 15063.502) failed to install 6 times. Since KB4032188 is an earlier build I assume that's why it failed. However, why would it even try to install at all since it's...
  10. Updates confusion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates confusion: In my taskbar, I have a Windows Defender Security Centre shield, constantly showing a red cross over it. I click on it and it takes me to Settings, Windows Update, which shows .. Updates are available • 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based...