Windows 10: Help on running a VPN on W10 Home

Discus and support Help on running a VPN on W10 Home in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The laptop is set up to have two local accounts and an administrator account. I have Norton AV and VPN installed. When in the administrator account I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DCB11, May 2, 2020.

1. DCB11 Win User

Help on running a VPN on W10 Home

The laptop is set up to have two local accounts and an administrator account. I have Norton AV and VPN installed. When in the administrator account I can see Norton VPN in the hidden icon tray but it's not visible in the two local accounts. What I would like to get confirmed, is VPN in the admin account also protecting the local accounts?

Thanks

:)

DCB11, May 2, 2020
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, May 2, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Help on running a VPN on W10 Home :D

P4-630, May 2, 2020
  4. Help on running a VPN on W10 Home

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

AirVPN

In contrast to all the big names such as IPVanish, TorGuard, Hide My Ass!, PIA etc, AirVPN has been the most useful in terms of performance, cost, privacy and service.

• No torrent (or other format) throttling
    • No region/server locking
    • Full server stats live, with reports and repair ETAs
    • Packages include complete tunneling and multiple protocols
    • Can be setup for virtually any platform(including a easy to use Windows package)[also user guides exist for bespoke arrangements, such as pfSense, which I run]
    • Their website/user portal is very thorough and flexible. You can build custom VPN configuration files
    • Cost is extremely good for what you get
    • Service is often quick and prompt
    • Forums are active
    • They tick all the privacy qualifications, no record keeping

newconroer, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Help on running a VPN on W10 Home

1. Help on running a VPN on W10 Home - Similar Threads - Help running VPN

2. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home: My laptop came with W10 Home preinstalled by manufacturer. I purchased a windows 10 pro product key and installed. Now selling the laptop and wish to revert to W10 home and apply W10 Pro on new laptop. Is this possible?...
  3. FREE VPN for W10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FREE VPN for W10?: I am just starting to give some thought to using a VPN with my main browser, Edge. I realise free ones will have various limitations but want to try some first, a promising looking example being WINDSCRIBE. I have tried ChrisPC VPN but without success (it is a sort of...
  4. VPN to my home?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VPN to my home?: Hello, at home i have a hard drive connected to the network, and from work i would like to be able to access it, through my desktop computer at home, how should i configure the vpn and what programs should i use? Thanks to all of you. submitted by /u/TheKeppler [link]...
  5. Program runs OK in W10 Pro but not in Home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program runs OK in W10 Pro but not in Home: I created a few programs using gfortran in Windows 10 Pro, where they work well, but when I transferred the .exe files to my W10 Home laptop they all failed to start. I've tried a few ideas, such as compatibility with earlier Windows versions, but no success. Where should I...
  6. W10, VPN Connection

W10, VPN Connection: Have been trying to use NordVPN on my new Dell laptop but having major connection issues. Sometimes it blocks web sites when it should not but can live with some of that. The biggest connecton issue is after turning off the NordVPN my laptop will not connect to the wireless...
  7. VPN help??

VPN help??: I can't seem to get my VPN set up, any advice? I have no problem on my iPhone or iPad. Can someone help for the PC? Thanks!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vpn-help/7c8c8495-a4da-4dcd-89ae-fedecd96f481
  8. VPN Help

VPN Help: Do I really need a private VPN? If so, how do I use one and get one? Thanks 142859
  9. VPN Help

in Windows 10 Support
    VPN Help: Do I really need a private VPN? If so, how do I use one and get one? Thanks 142859
  10. W10, Notifications, Apps and VPN not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10, Notifications, Apps and VPN not working: Since quite some time my vpn is not working anymore, (error message) "the modem is already in use or not configured properly". Notifications are working after a restart, but after a few minutes stop working. When checking in settings/notifications/app, first all apps that...