Windows 10: [HELP] OneDrive folder is disappeared it turns into a file

Discus and support [HELP] OneDrive folder is disappeared it turns into a file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I had some trouble with Onedrive, The synchronization folder suddenly disappears, rather it becomes a file only 0 KB. [ATTACH] I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HenryDuong, Dec 22, 2019.

1. [HELP] OneDrive folder is disappeared it turns into a file

Hello everyone,

I had some trouble with Onedrive,

The synchronization folder suddenly disappears, rather it becomes a file only 0 KB.

[HELP] OneDrive folder is disappeared it turns into a file 6ef6ac19-aac6-4e1c-8b7a-8cf31bedd09e?upload=true.png

I thought it was still on my hard drive but I could not access it.

My partition has a capacity of 292GB but has used 276GB which includes my OneDrive folder.

[HELP] OneDrive folder is disappeared it turns into a file 7177cf66-a8d8-4190-a085-97933c488bc8?upload=true.png

I have used another software to measure folder size, but the total available folders are only about 129GB.

[HELP] OneDrive folder is disappeared it turns into a file b90144a1-c629-4f99-91ce-c8dc8f2fdefb?upload=true.png

I tried reinstalling Onedrive but couldn't choose the folder I had previously selected.

[HELP] OneDrive folder is disappeared it turns into a file caf7971e-8561-4cce-be7b-9f07b2e28046?upload=true.png

These are very important client files, and we need to recover them. I can't identify anything on our end. Does Microsoft have extended deleted file support?

:)

HenryDuong, Dec 22, 2019
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

[HELP] OneDrive folder is disappeared it turns into a file upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Frogger Win User
    ?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile [HELP] OneDrive folder is disappeared it turns into a file :)

Frogger, Dec 22, 2019
  4. [HELP] OneDrive folder is disappeared it turns into a file

onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

[HELP] OneDrive folder is disappeared it turns into a file

1. [HELP] OneDrive folder is disappeared it turns into a file - Similar Threads - HELP OneDrive folder

2. Files disappeared from Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files disappeared from Onedrive: Most of important files disappeared from onedrive overnight. They are not in the recycle bin. I have the free version. 2 year old versions of the files do exist. I cannot for the life of me think of anything I could have done to cause this. I do recall perhaps adding another...
  3. Documents folder turned into OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder turned into OneDrive: I used to have a yellow manila folder under the blue cloud in File Explorer that was called Documents and was part of my OneDrive, and a text file symbol folder under the My PC in File Explorer that was called Documents and saved to my hard drive. I switched to a new...
  4. Documents folder turned into OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents folder turned into OneDrive: I used to have a yellow manila folder under the blue cloud in File Explorer that was called Documents and was part of my OneDrive, and a text file symbol folder under the My PC in File Explorer that was called Documents and saved to my hard drive. I switched to a new...
  5. A OneDrive Folder has disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A OneDrive Folder has disappeared: I'm experiencing a problem where one folder in my OneDrive has totally disappeared, I can look it up and I can see it one time empty without any recent activity in the history and another time when I sign in again I cannot see it! can you please advise to whom I need to...
  6. A OneDrive Folder has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A OneDrive Folder has disappeared: I'm experiencing a problem where one folder in my OneDrive has totally disappeared, I can look it up and I can see it one time empty without any recent activity in the history and another time when I sign in again I cannot see it! can you please advise to whom I need to...
  7. A OneDrive Folder has disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. OneDrive folder moved to another OneDrive folder disappeared

OneDrive folder moved to another OneDrive folder disappeared: In File Manager I selected two folders in the OneDrive Documents folder and moved them into another folder in Documents. The folders disappeared, but were not in the other Documents folder. I searched on my PC for them and they weren't found. I looked in OneDrive online and...
  9. OneDrive Files Disappeared

OneDrive Files Disappeared: My girlfriend has a Surface and saves files to OneDrive. She had been using a file for several days and saving it to OneDrive, then today when she clicked on the file it said it has been removed or changed then it disappeared. How can she access this file? I can't see any...
  10. Folders and Files Disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders and Files Disappeared: I have a couple of folders containing files I have not looked at in over a year. When I went to look at them, I cannot find them ?? Does Windows 10 automatically archive older unused files or folders ?? Thanks, rs 30521