Windows 10: [HELP] OneDrive won't backup "Important PC Folders"

Discus and support [HELP] OneDrive won't backup "Important PC Folders" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have two laptops which I would like to sync my Documents/Pictures between. Both laptops are running Windows 10 Pro 21H1 - 19043.1110 and the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlexanderRichards1, Jul 21, 2021.

1. [HELP] OneDrive won't backup "Important PC Folders"

I have two laptops which I would like to sync my Documents/Pictures between. Both laptops are running Windows 10 Pro 21H1 - 19043.1110 and the same version of OneDrive 21.119.0613.0001 as can be seen in the screenshots. However, on one of the laptops I have the option to backup my "Important PC Folders" whereas the other one doesn't. It also seems that the one that does have this option also shows a OneDrive Device ID on the about page and the other doesn't. I don't know if that is relevant or not. How can I get the backup option on the other laptop? I have included the images of the backu

:)

AlexanderRichards1, Jul 21, 2021
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. TarAn_D Win User
    Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Jul 21, 2021
  4. AFTommy Win User

[HELP] OneDrive won't backup "Important PC Folders"

Folder won"t go away

I have a no longer used folder than I cannot delete. I have tried various third party apps to no avain. Any ideas how I can send this folder to "Never Never Land"

[HELP] OneDrive won't backup "Important PC Folders" [​IMG]

AFTommy, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

[HELP] OneDrive won't backup "Important PC Folders"

1. [HELP] OneDrive won't backup "Important PC Folders" - Similar Threads - HELP OneDrive won't

2. How can I set the remote folder of OneDrive when I turn on backup important folders in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I set the remote folder of OneDrive when I turn on backup important folders in...: I have turned on this function many years ago.However, maybe there is a bug.My Documents is stored in a strange folder in my OneDrive.How can I move it to the default position?...
  3. How can I set the remote folder of OneDrive when I turn on backup important folders in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set the remote folder of OneDrive when I turn on backup important folders in...: I have turned on this function many years ago.However, maybe there is a bug.My Documents is stored in a strange folder in my OneDrive.How can I move it to the default position?...
  4. How can I set the remote folder of OneDrive when I turn on backup important folders in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The local OneDrive folder, the PC Documents folder, OneDrive backup and sync. How does it...

The local OneDrive folder, the PC Documents folder, OneDrive backup and sync. How does it...: I was recently trying to clear some space on my work laptop. I realized I wasn't really using the OneDrive folders on my sidebar so without really understanding what I was doing I unsynced it. It didn't really clear any space I didn't expect it to since as far as I knew, I...
  6. The local OneDrive folder, the PC Documents folder, OneDrive backup and sync. How does it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The local OneDrive folder, the PC Documents folder, OneDrive backup and sync. How does it...: I was recently trying to clear some space on my work laptop. I realized I wasn't really using the OneDrive folders on my sidebar so without really understanding what I was doing I unsynced it. It didn't really clear any space I didn't expect it to since as far as I knew, I...
  7. The local OneDrive folder, the PC Documents folder, OneDrive backup and sync. How does it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. how to exclude one folder from backup in a folder backup by onedrive

how to exclude one folder from backup in a folder backup by onedrive: when i unsync one folder in a folder synced by onedrivestupid onedrive delete it from my pc, super high-hand microsoft **** tactics, no wonder people hated microsoftso how do i exclude one folder from backup in a folder that is synced to onedrivewhy delete my pc copy when i...
  9. OneDrive "Protect important folders" and existing folders

OneDrive "Protect important folders" and existing folders: Let's say that I have an existing "Documents" folder in OneDrive that I created manually. Then I turn on "Protect your important folders" which, as I understand, is going to move any documents I have in the default Windows "Documents" folder to a OneDrive "Documents"...
  10. Backup fails to backup files that are in a folder synchronized with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup fails to backup files that are in a folder synchronized with OneDrive: Windows Backup seems to be working but it simply skips all files that are in a folder that synchronizes with OneDrive. All other files are backed up normally. I have reproduced this problem in three different laptops (all Windows 10 and latest Windows version). This problem...