Windows 10: HELP! OneNote Importer Completed but NOTHING Appears in OneNote!

Discus and support HELP! OneNote Importer Completed but NOTHING Appears in OneNote! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I finally decided to make the move from Evernote to OneNote. I used the OneNote Importer on Windows 10 and selected all notebooks from Evernote.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by metrosuperstar, Jan 15, 2019.

1. HELP! OneNote Importer Completed but NOTHING Appears in OneNote!

Hi, I finally decided to make the move from Evernote to OneNote. I used the OneNote Importer on Windows 10 and selected all notebooks from Evernote. The process took 30 minutes and completed import of over 2000 notes.

HOWEVER, when I launch OneNote app on Win 10, there is NOTHING.

Can someone please help? I'd really like to use OneNote but I have to be able to transfer my Evernotes.

:)

metrosuperstar, Jan 15, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

Having moved to Office 2016, I had to first install Office 2010 to a virtual test machine to get screenshots. Here we go, this is the the process which you have to repeat for each notebook you want to open in Windows 10 built-in OneNote app.

1.) If your notebooks are already stored in OneDrive, jump to step 7. If they are stored locally, open OneNote 2010.

I created a simple Sample Notebook to show this process:

HELP! OneNote Importer Completed but NOTHING Appears in OneNote! [​IMG]
    (Click screenshots to enlarge)
    2.) Open the File menu, select Info > Share on Web or Network:

3.) Select Web, click Sign In:

4.) Enter your MS account credentials:

Note If you have enabled two-step authentication on your MS account, you need first create an app password and use it here instead of the MS account password.

5.) Select in which OneDrive folder you want to save the notebook, click Share Notebook:

6.) Close OneNote 2010

7.) Open Windows 10 OneNote app. If you sign in to Windows with a Microsoft (MS) account, jump to step 11. If you sign in with a local account click Personal Microsoft Account:

8.) Sign in to your MS account:
    '

9.) Enter your Windows password, click Sign in to just this app instead:

Note This is important! Do not click Next here, it will convert your local Windows user account to an MS account!

10.) Click Start using OneNote:

11.) You can now start using Windows 10 OneNote app, having access to your notebooks:

Remember that you can also use, access and edit your notebooks stored in OneDrive online at outlook.com:

3. Kari Win User

Something I thought is worth to test:

Go to OneNote Online (Microsoft OneNote | The digital note-taking app for your devices), sign in if you are not automatically signed in:

Select Sign in with a Microsoft account, in the next dialog enter your MS account credentials:

You should now see a list of your notebooks:

If no notebooks are found you will see this:

Please tell us when testing this did you see your notebooks in OneNote Online?

4. Kari Win User

HELP! OneNote Importer Completed but NOTHING Appears in OneNote!

By default OneNote opens the last notebook you had open. To open other notebooks you need of course first open them.

Click the Navigation button:

Click More notebooks:

Select the notebook you want to open:

The notebook will be opened:

Thema:

HELP! OneNote Importer Completed but NOTHING Appears in OneNote!

1. HELP! OneNote Importer Completed but NOTHING Appears in OneNote! - Similar Threads - HELP OneNote Importer

2. OneNote

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    OneNote: I decided to try OneNote. I have the MS Office 365 subscription supposedly. On the top ribbon, I don't have any "Home" selection that is similar to other Office products and I don't have any "File" selection at all. This flies in the face of even the Microsoft training...
  3. OneNote

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneNote: NETOneNote ExcelWordExcel→OneNote https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E4%BB%98%E7%AE%8B%E3%82%84onenote%E3%81%AB/6846ae76-b69d-407b-8186-df52517c46e5
  4. Onenote

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onenote: On the OneNote screen: I cannot see the far left side of the screen. For instance, the "+Add Notebook" option is not visible. Tried adjusting width by dragging the borders, tried "Full Screen" option, tried everything. What about re-installing? Any ideas?...
  5. OneNote

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneNote: Aside from the obvious (app no longer accessible), are there any repercussions to deleting the OneNote app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onenote/81806867-3428-446a-b7f2-d984cfce14a4
  6. OneNote

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneNote: All of a sudden, OneNote on my laptop will not sync. My phone is the only access I have to my data on OneDrive. Now I am always being asked to change my PW. I have passwords for Hotmail, Microsoft account, Passport, OneDrive and probably a half a dozen other MS products....
  7. Onenote

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Onenote: Its seems like no one knows what to do ive been having troubles with one note and one drive as one note has deleted everything including my backups and i can not restore them ive tried every possible way from logging out to shuting off the device but nothing works and all...
  8. Onenote and onenote 2016 uninstall

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Onenote and onenote 2016 uninstall: Hi I have both on my computers running W10 and office 365. Happy with the new OneNote but would like to uninstall OneNote 2016 as it confuses matters. Can I do so without losing any data (notes)? I understand that OneNote 2016 stores notes on the local hard drive but will...
  9. Onenote still appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onenote still appearing: I didn't want Onenote to appear at startup so I disabled it. That didn't work. So I uninstalled it. That didn't work and it's still appearing at startup. How can an app still appear at startup if it's been uninstalled and how do I fix it??...
  10. Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote: I see the new Windows 10 OneNote, and it looks pretty different to me from OneNote 2010, but I wanted to at least try it. But I can't find anyway to import my notebooks from 2010. Is there anyway to do this? I keep getting messages about "updating", but I don't know if that's...