Windows 10: Help or advice setting up dual video cards (NVIDIA)

Discus and support Help or advice setting up dual video cards (NVIDIA) in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I recently got a new rig. Quite happy with it but wanted to make use of my older video card if possible. The older card is a GeForce GTX 780... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by RAMWolff, Feb 5, 2017.

1. RAMWolff Win User

Help or advice setting up dual video cards (NVIDIA)

Hi,

I recently got a new rig. Quite happy with it but wanted to make use of my older video card if possible.

The older card is a GeForce GTX 780 and the new card is a GeForce GTX 1080 which is what is currently installed in the rig?? They both have DDR5 interfaces...

I do some 3D work so was hoping to speed up my renders a bit more.

Thanks so much

Richard *Tongue

:)

RAMWolff, Feb 5, 2017
  2. randybw57 Win User

Can't use Nvidia GeForce GTX760 after Win 10

I upgraded from 8.1 to 10.

I'm not able to use the Nvidia GeForce GTX760 video card that worked with 8.1.

My PC also has a ATI Radeon HD 4200 that is working.

When I power up with the Nvidia card connected nothing ever appears on the monitor.

Thanks for for any help or advice.

I have the GeForce Windows 10 Driver Version 353.62 installed according to

Nvidia GeForce Experience. That driver is listed as 'up to date'.

randybw57, Feb 5, 2017
  3. udayk8139 Win User
    Issues connetcing to second monitor

Original Title: Not able to run dual monitors on windows 10.

Hi,

This is my first post. I am trying to plug-in two monitors to one CPU.

I have 2 video cards, the primary : Built-in motherboard video card, the secondary is : NVIDIA GTForce 610

I have my primary monitor connected to NVIDIA GTForce 610, I already installed my graphics drivers.

I have connected the secondary monitor to the motherboard port.

Now, when I go to [Right Click > Display Settings > Detect] // Results in "Didn't detect another display"

I am aware of the fact that a motherboard video card will automatically get disabled if it detects another video card.

Please help me with this issue.

udayk8139, Feb 5, 2017
  4. Help or advice setting up dual video cards (NVIDIA)

You can use it as a PhysX card or have two different GPUs working independently in a PC because you cannot sli them both.

RoasterMen, Feb 6, 2017
  5. RAMWolff Win User
    sli? You mean bridge them? All I want to do is have the other card available similar to what's used in a render farm but on my computer.

RAMWolff, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Help or advice setting up dual video cards (NVIDIA)

1. Help or advice setting up dual video cards (NVIDIA) - Similar Threads - Help advice setting

2. Setting Nvidia Graphics Card as the Default Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Nvidia Graphics Card as the Default Card: My laptop computer MSI GF76 Katana 11UCX-892XRU has an integrated Intel graphics card and the Geforce 2050 RTX card. But when I go to Settings > System > Display > Advanced display, the Intel card is shown as the default graphics card even though the driver for Geforce is...
  3. Setting Nvidia Graphics Card as the Default Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Nvidia Graphics Card as the Default Card: My laptop computer MSI GF76 Katana 11UCX-892XRU has an integrated Intel graphics card and the Geforce 2050 RTX card. But when I go to Settings > System > Display > Advanced display, the Intel card is shown as the default graphics card even though the driver for Geforce is...
  4. Nvidia video settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nvidia video settings: When i change nvidia video settings or scaling nothing happens please help submitted by /u/Pouriakh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l4j2m2/nvidia_video_settings/
  5. Video Card Upgrade Advice Needed

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video Card Upgrade Advice Needed: I'm looking to upgrade my Video Card from my current GTX 960 for use with a new 43" 4k TV that I am using as a monitor at 1440p. Full 4k makes everything way to small for my old eyes to see. What I need advice on, since it's obviously been awhile since I've purchased a new...
  6. 2004 Update and Nvidia video cards

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2004 Update and Nvidia video cards: How long until PCs with NVIDIA video cards can get the 2004 update. My laptop updated fine but my desktop has an NVIDIA video card and won't pull in the update - even the update assistant won't get it. I read there was a compatibility problem....
  7. dual monitor set up need help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor set up need help: How to drag and drop between laptop and another monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitor-set-up-need-help/310b8514-da68-4821-81a5-249d27843d62
  8. Dual Moniter Capbility for On board video card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Moniter Capbility for On board video card: I'm trying to have a dual monitor setup but I have no secondary graphics card on my pc. Im currently using my onboard graphics card which is a AMD Radeon HD 7540D. The mother board its self has to video ports, which has one VGA port and one display port. I was wondering if it...
  9. Advice setting up NAS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Advice setting up NAS: Any advice would be appreciated as I really haven't got a clue how to set up what I want and the more I research the more confusing it seems to get. The sd card on my phone got corrupted not long ago, luckily I managed to get all my pictures from it but it given me a kick up...
  10. Are Dual Radeon HD6670 Video cards a problem?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Are Dual Radeon HD6670 Video cards a problem?: will win 10 work with dual amd video cards? my setup is pretty normal, except I am running Dual Radeon HD6670 video cards in my machine... Just want to make sure windows 10 can handle this, before I install the preview.. Thanks so much! 6960