Windows 10: Help - Out of storage but there's hardly anything on my computer

Discus and support Help - Out of storage but there's hardly anything on my computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I need a lot of help... I have a Dell Inspiron 15 and I got this only a few months ago. I am out of storage... but the only things I have on this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by chelseak_601, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Help - Out of storage but there's hardly anything on my computer

I need a lot of help... I have a Dell Inspiron 15 and I got this only a few months ago. I am out of storage... but the only things I have on this computer is Photoshop, Lightroom, Spotify, and Minecraft. There are no other files on this computer like photos, downloaded music or videos. That's all on my external hard drive. I don't understand why I have no storage left when I hardly have any applications downloaded on this. It's extremely frustrating as I need this computer for school.

It says my hard drive has 223 GB of storage. 221 GB is used with 1.92 GB free.. which fills up fast probably because I am using it? It also says apps and features is taking up 146 GB and my biggest file is Photoshop.. and that's only taking up 3 gb of storage.

This has happened before and the first time I did a hard reset and it fixed this problem but I can't just keep hard resetting it when I run out of storage to fix this issue. And it also shouldn't be like this either.

Please help - I'm so tired of this happening and I don't know what to do.

:)

chelseak_601, Jan 24, 2021

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jan 24, 2021
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Help - Out of storage but there's hardly anything on my computer

Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Help - Out of storage but there's hardly anything on my computer

1. Help - Out of storage but there's hardly anything on my computer - Similar Threads - Help storage there's

2. My computer shows I’m almost out of storage however, I have barely download anything on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer shows I’m almost out of storage however, I have barely download anything on my...: I’m a college student I use my computer for school. I don’t download much on my computer besides the occasional word document and PowerPoint. It shows that I have used up almost 400 GB of storage and only have 25 left. I don’t know what’s taking up all my storage? I’ve been...
  3. My computer shows I’m almost out of storage however, I have barely download anything on my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer shows I’m almost out of storage however, I have barely download anything on my...: I’m a college student I use my computer for school. I don’t download much on my computer besides the occasional word document and PowerPoint. It shows that I have used up almost 400 GB of storage and only have 25 left. I don’t know what’s taking up all my storage? I’ve been...
  4. LOCKED OUT OF MY COMPUTER HELP!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LOCKED OUT OF MY COMPUTER HELP!!!!: I have a dell computer with a fingerprint login option. I cannot now use the fingerprint option. It only prompts me for my pin, which I forgotten. I click forgot my pin, and it keeps bringing me back to my pin. How do I reset my pin and get into my computer?...
  5. My computer is running out of storage space .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is running out of storage space .: I have a Lenovo laptop ,and the storage left is 382mb ,don't know what to do next ,help ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-running-out-of-storage-space/316a1e41-3712-4a04-b5e8-bf1b83c25c2b
  6. My computer is running out of storage space .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is running out of storage space .: I have a Lenovo laptop ,and the storage left is 382mb ,don't know what to do next ,help ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-running-out-of-storage-space/316a1e41-3712-4a04-b5e8-bf1b83c25c2b
  7. My computer is running out of storage space .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. BSOD after plugging anything out of my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after plugging anything out of my computer: Hi,recently ive noticed something that hadnt happened before and its my computer crashing and showing a BSOD whenever a usb cable is plugged out. the stop code is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the file that failed is VBoxMouse.sys i used to mess around with virtual...
  9. Low storage even with barely anything on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Low storage even with barely anything on my computer: Hi everyone! I have a microsoft surface go that I receieved as a gift for Christmas 2018. I do not use the computer a lot, nor do I really have anything on here except for Adobe CC, photoshop, splashtop, and cricut app. I have maybe 3 photos / documents on my computer, but...
  10. Locked out of my computer... HELP!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of my computer... HELP!!: So I have always had an SSD installed to my computer... but just didn't know how to configure that as a boot drive. My friend suggested that I do, and I tried. And now my Windows 10 is asking me to use the hotmail.com id/password to log in to my WIndows, but .. it is...