Windows 10: HELP - Overheating/Shutdown issues

Discus and support HELP - Overheating/Shutdown issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Awhile ago my CPU recently started overheating and my computer has been shutting down automatically. Since then I've reset my pc, cleaned the fan ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shux.., Jul 23, 2019.

1. Shux.. Win User

HELP - Overheating/Shutdown issues

Awhile ago my CPU recently started overheating and my computer has been shutting down automatically.
    Since then I've reset my pc, cleaned the fan , changed the thermal paste and for the most part, restored the hardware settings to its default. Also updated my BIOS but no difference, I still get terrible temperature with not a lot of cpu usage. I've started looking for information to see if I can find anything on when the problem started and this is all I got.

Source
    Windows
    Summary

Hardware error
    Date

‎7/‎6/‎2019 3:37 PM
    Status

Not reported
    Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.
    Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 144
    Parameter 1: 3003
    Parameter 2: ffff9a89703bd6c8
    Parameter 3: 40010000
    Parameter 4: 0
    OS version: 10_0_17134
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1
    OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033

Would appreciate the help a lot

:)

Shux.., Jul 23, 2019
  2. R-T-B Win User

PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

Most important detail to me would be whether these shutdowns are sudden, in which case it's likely a short or PSU issue (capacitor aging maybe?) or graceful windows style shutdowns, which suggests software interference.

It could also be overheating components if it's a sudden shutdown. What are your thermals like?

R-T-B, Jul 23, 2019
  3. little cat, Jul 23, 2019
  4. babumzee Win User

Windows 1709 Update causes overheating shutdown

Windows 1709 Update causes overheating shutdown. Overheating never occurs otherwise.

Thank you

Ian

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate)

babumzee, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

1. HELP - Overheating/Shutdown issues - Similar Threads - HELP Overheating Shutdown

2. Windows 1903 overheating issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 1903 overheating issue: I updated to windows 1903 about a week ago and my PC has been a bit laggy.(i7 8750h w/ RTX 2060) I didn't care a lot until today, when my CPU started overheating and instead of running at 40-45 degrees Celcius it started running at 60 a normal stuff such as web browsing. Has...
  3. Overheating Laptop

Overheating Laptop: My laptop cutout due to overheating while my phone was tethered via USB. Could this have caused a power surge and damaged the phone's internals?(phone is working perfectly)...
  4. Shutdown issue

Shutdown issue: Running Windows 10 on my HP. It has recently been shutting off on its own. Hard reboots are the only way to get it back up and running. ANd when you do that it boots up, shows the Dell logo, Windows loading logo, and then right when it will get to the sign-in screen, the...
  5. Shutdown issue

Shutdown issue: Running Windows 10 on my Dell. It has recently been shutting off on its own. Hard reboots are the only way to get it back up and running. ANd when you do that it boots up, shows the Dell logo, Windows loading logo, and then right when it will get to the sign-in screen, the...
  6. overheating laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    overheating laptop: OK so windows 10 installed installed its self 4 or 5 months ago , it caused my laptop to over heat so i spoke to tech support and they told me it was my fault as i would have to have my laptop checked out at my own expense which i did but there was nothing wrong with my...
  7. windows 10 shutdown issue need help!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 shutdown issue need help!!: When I power off the screen gets black, but fans are still running have to turn it off holding the power button.....any solution,help 46094
  8. Shutdown issue

Shutdown issue: Hi Ive just got a new pc that roughly half the time doesn't shutdown correctly. It displays the shutdown screen, goes blank and then does nothing. It remains powered and the fan comes on and off when need. (Its only a small Atom CPU). Ive tried disabling USB selective...
  9. Finnish keyboard overheating issue on mobile

in Windows 10 Support
    Finnish keyboard overheating issue on mobile: Lumia 950 XL text input doesn't work AND mobile phone is overheating I sent feedback on this to MS using both mobile phone and a desktop Windows 10 computer. I wanted to share my obscure experience also on this site. Sorry if this forum is not meant for mobile issues. To...
  10. Help with Unexpected Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with Unexpected Shutdown: Hi, I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on my laptop (Dell 7720). While running Fallout 4, I encountered sudden power-off for my system. The power button did not turn back on for a couple of minutes and the bottom of the laptop was quite hot. How can I ensure...