Windows 10: Help: Password Not Recognized!!!

Discus and support Help: Password Not Recognized!!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows lock screen changed: password window shrank and the pin option disappeared. *Sick It will not accept my password! System: Dell Optiplex 745... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ben Powell, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Help: Password Not Recognized!!!

Windows lock screen changed: password window shrank and the pin option disappeared. *Sick It will not accept my password!

System: Dell Optiplex 745 5G, 250G Windows Insider fast lane, fresh udate. Booting to Safe Mode to solve another problem, it rejected my password. Can not get back into Windows from lock screen!

Background: last week, BSOD when the desktop manifested. System would not reboot.

Reset left me with no mouse or keyboard. No other options were available. {No restore points and it could not find my backup.} All else failed.

Fresh reinstall, recovery from backup file, reinstallation of software and update followed.

Residual problems: DVDRW not recognized, spins, in BIOS, not showing in Device Manager.

Bios demands striking F1 to boot, claiming floppy disk error. There is no FD in this system and never was. FD shows in Device Manager, reappers after uninstall.

Hardware troubleshooter did not help. Nothing in ASC11 and Tweaking.com Windows Repair helped.

Attempts to reflash the bios failed, declaring disk access error, both in Windows and on boot up. I removed the usb stick and rebooted. When I tried to reboot to Safe Mode, a message flashed by too fast to read, related to bios reflash. Subsequent reflash of Phoenix 2.6.6 did not help.

when the lock screen manifested, the password field was smaller and it rejected my password. It does the same in Windows.

I set up this Optiplex 760 with the same password. It works here, not on the 745. I do not know my Microsoft Account password. It made me change the pw. when I reinstalled Windows. I saved it in an html file I can't accesss. There is no way to use my pin. I do not know what the key icon is.

The I forgot my password link just pauses brifly, goes dark and refreshes the lock screen.

Hardware: no FD, DVD is not recognized. Only 2 SATA headers, one for HD and one for DVD. No touch screen.

:)

Ben Powell, Oct 8, 2018

2. Window 10 does not recognize password

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

If you are referring to the lock screen, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• On the lock screen, click on Ease of access icon next to network connection icon.

• Click On Screen keyboard.

• Type the password and check.

I also suggest you to change the language and check.

• On the lock screen, click on language icon next to network connection icon.

• Click the language to US English.

• Type the password and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 8, 2018
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Help: Password Not Recognized!!!

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Help: Password Not Recognized!!!

1. Help: Password Not Recognized!!! - Similar Threads - Help Password Recognized

2. PC will not recognize Password or reset Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC will not recognize Password or reset Password: After running "Microsoft Defender Offline Scan", I attempted to enter known password but it was not recognized. Did suggested "reset" via another PC with a different address/ID, and although a "successful" reset, the main PC would not recognize the new password. Attempted...
  3. Safe Mode won't recognize my password please help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safe Mode won't recognize my password please help!: Hello, My PC is in safe mode and won't recognize my current or past passwords. I've tried to enter Safe Mode with Networking, but it still thinks there is no connection which there is definitely. I've also tried to use the Command Prompt, but it also asks for a password!...
  4. correct password not recognized

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    correct password not recognized: win 10 wont recognize my correct password. I cant get past the opening screen. tried all the fixes i saw on line. nothing works. Not a tech guy and need the computer. frustrated. Any fixes microsoft???...
  5. Safe Mode will not recognize password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe Mode will not recognize password: Windows 10 I can access the safe mode screen bit on entering password I am told Password invalid. I have tried safe mode with networking and used my microsoft password without success. From Googling this problem it would that this could be a OS bug. Please can you...
  6. Admin password not recognized

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin password not recognized: Hi, there. I'm desperate. I just registered on this site to see if I can come up with a way to get into my laptop. My HP Envy is running Windows 10, and there's not a whole lot more I know about it. Last year I set up my husband up with his own account on the HP, and we...
  7. windows 10 password not recognized

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 password not recognized: it's pretty simple. I can only get into my safe mode. I don't know where to start fixing this. I've tried lots of things. Restart, shut off restart. gone through the shift and restart parameters, nothing....
  8. Won't recognize password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Won't recognize password: Each and every time I try to sign in to my Microsoft account, it says that I have the wrong password. So....I go through the process of getting a code and changing my password. Then when I try to sign in with the new password, it says that it is the wrong password....
  9. Help: Password Not Recognized!!!

Help: Password Not Recognized!!!: Windows lock screen changed: password window shrank and the pin option disappeared. *Sick It will not accept my password! System: Dell Optiplex 745 5G, 250G Windows Insider fast lane, fresh udate. Booting to Safe Mode to solve another problem, it rejected my password. Can...
  10. Password not recognized

Password not recognized: I am using Windows 10 and went to system configuration and set it to boot into "Safe Mode". Now when I restart the computer it goes to the password screen. I enter the password and it comes back with the message "Password not recognized". I know it is the correct password, so...