Windows 10: Help: Password Not Recognized!!!

Discus and support Help: Password Not Recognized!!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows lock screen changed: password window shrank and the pin option disappeared. *Sick It will not accept my password! System: Dell Optiplex 745... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ben Powell, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Help: Password Not Recognized!!!

Windows lock screen changed: password window shrank and the pin option disappeared. *Sick It will not accept my password!

System: Dell Optiplex 745 5G, 250G Windows Insider fast lane, fresh udate. Booting to Safe Mode to solve another problem, it rejected my password. Can not get back into Windows from lock screen!

Background: last week, BSOD when the desktop manifested. System would not reboot.

Reset left me with no mouse or keyboard. No other options were available. {No restore points and it could not find my backup.} All else failed.

Fresh reinstall, recovery from backup file, reinstallation of software and update followed.

Residual problems: DVDRW not recognized, spins, in BIOS, not showing in Device Manager.

Bios demands striking F1 to boot, claiming floppy disk error. There is no FD in this system and never was. FD shows in Device Manager, reappers after uninstall.

Hardware troubleshooter did not help. Nothing in ASC11 and Tweaking.com Windows Repair helped.

Attempts to reflash the bios failed, declaring disk access error, both in Windows and on boot up. I removed the usb stick and rebooted. When I tried to reboot to Safe Mode, a message flashed by too fast to read, related to bios reflash. Subsequent reflash of Phoenix 2.6.6 did not help.

when the lock screen manifested, the password field was smaller and it rejected my password. It does the same in Windows.

I set up this Optiplex 760 with the same password. It works here, not on the 745. I do not know my Microsoft Account password. It made me change the pw. when I reinstalled Windows. I saved it in an html file I can't accesss. There is no way to use my pin. I do not know what the key icon is.

The I forgot my password link just pauses brifly, goes dark and refreshes the lock screen.

Hardware: no FD, DVD is not recognized. Only 2 SATA headers, one for HD and one for DVD. No touch screen.

:)

Ben Powell, Oct 8, 2018

2. Window 10 does not recognize password

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

If you are referring to the lock screen, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• On the lock screen, click on Ease of access icon next to network connection icon.

• Click On Screen keyboard.

• Type the password and check.

I also suggest you to change the language and check.

• On the lock screen, click on language icon next to network connection icon.

• Click the language to US English.

• Type the password and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 8, 2018
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Help: Password Not Recognized!!!

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Help: Password Not Recognized!!!

1. Help: Password Not Recognized!!! - Similar Threads - Help Password Recognized

2. Help: Password Not Recognized!!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help: Password Not Recognized!!!: Windows lock screen changed: password window shrank and the pin option disappeared. *Sick It will not accept my password! System: Dell Optiplex 745 5G, 250G Windows Insider fast lane, fresh udate. Booting to Safe Mode to solve another problem, it rejected my password. Can...
  3. Windows Automatic Update Now Password Not Recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Automatic Update Now Password Not Recognized: Yesterday evening on 09/03/2018 a WINDOWS AUTOMATIC UPDATE shut down my Lenovo laptop. After rebooting and continuing the update process about 3 times, on its own, I finally saw the screen saver and the box for entering my password. But, when I entered my password it was no...
  4. password not recognized in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    password not recognized in safe mode: I obviously know my password since I am signed in on this laptop. I am trying to troubleshoot my desktop and had to go into command prompt to even get into safe mode. I could not do it from the apps since my screen did not load correctly. Anyway, it appears I am in safe mode...
  5. Credential Manager won't recognize changed password

in Windows 10 Support
    Credential Manager won't recognize changed password: Created new password in an app that had been an automatic login. Now, looking at Credential Manager I see the old password still saved there. Also, no edit ability, can only delete the entire entry. Would it work to delete the old entry and then see if Cred. Mgr. would...
  6. Cannot log into Windows: password not recognized.

Cannot log into Windows: password not recognized.: Issue: Cannot log into Windows: password not recognized. Problem started on Thu Jan 4, 2018. Computer: This is my son’s HP ProBook 6560b Win10 Pro (x64) notebook. We live quite a few miles apart so we are talking about this issue over the phone. He gets account.live.com...
  7. Win10 doesn't always recognize my password

Win10 doesn't always recognize my password: This happened back in July, then again last month. At boot up win10 does not recognize my sign in password for my local user account. Since I know my password I typed it in again, no good. I spent the rest of the day retrying my password. Must have typed it in 100 times, then...
  8. Password not recognized

Password not recognized: I am using Windows 10 and went to system configuration and set it to boot into "Safe Mode". Now when I restart the computer it goes to the password screen. I enter the password and it comes back with the message "Password not recognized". I know it is the correct password, so...
  9. Help, windows10 not recognized by acronis Os!

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Help, windows10 not recognized by acronis Os!: First, I' d like to say a big hello to all the members of the forum as I' m new here. I' m quite desperate right now since my PC won' t start, currently running. Windows 10, not without problems I should say. And by not starting I mean that I installed acronis os selector...
  10. OS does not recognize Homegroup password?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OS does not recognize Homegroup password?: New laptop, first time Win10. I'm not yet ready to deal with the frustration of trying to setup a 'real' network with the other 2 machines so I'm doing a Homegroup temporarily. When prompted for the password, I opened Homegroup on my old Win7 machine and carefully typed...