Windows 10: Help, PC no boot, tried reset and recovery media, both no work, what is best way to go from...

Discus and support Help, PC no boot, tried reset and recovery media, both no work, what is best way to go from... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My pc is not booting, i tried system reset and recovery media, both not work, what is best way to go from here, prefer not to erase apps and data, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/johncaling40, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Help, PC no boot, tried reset and recovery media, both no work, what is best way to go from...

My pc is not booting, i tried system reset and recovery media, both not work, what is best way to go from here, prefer not to erase apps and data, but erasing apps is ok but not preferred?

submitted by /u/johncaling40
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/johncaling40, Apr 6, 2021

2. Unable to boot the PC, stuck in recovery mode screen​

Hi Joe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to boot the PC normally as it is stuck in recovery mode.

1. Were there any recent updates installed on the PC?
    2. What is the exact make and model of the PC?

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Boot the PC into safe mode with networking and check if you are able to login. Refer the article to

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    , refer the section
    From a black or blank screen.

Method 2:

Perform a system restore to revert the PC back to the state when everything was working fine. Refer the article

Recovery options in Windows 10
    , refer the section
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC.

Note:
    Do not reset the PC; resetting the PC will remove all the data and installed programs from the PC.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Help, PC no boot, tried reset and recovery media, both no work, what is best way to go from...

Reset this PC function In Recovery

Hi Wayne,

Since your machine was clean installed with 1703 previously without any issues, Windows.old folder will not be available since you successfully performed a clean install.

Every time you upgrade your PC from an older version of Windows to Windows 10 without first formatting the hard drive, or when you install a new Windows Insider Preview test build, the install wizard will save a copy of the previous version inside of the "Windows.old"
    folder on your computer. If everything is working as expected after upgrading to Windows 10, you probably don't need these files, as they consume your hard drive space.

The System Reserve Partition (SRP) is a small partition on your hard drive that stores
    boot information for Windows. This contains the Windows boot manager and boot configuration data.
    Reset your PC is a recovery method on Windows 10 usually uses a bootable media as backup. We suggest that you check these articles for more information about Reset your PC:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Help, PC no boot, tried reset and recovery media, both no work, what is best way to go from...

1. Help, PC no boot, tried reset and recovery media, both no work, what is best way to go from... - Similar Threads - Help boot tried

2. Cannot reset PC with recovery media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reset PC with recovery media: I have a surface go 2 which had a problem installing an update. Now when it boots it goes to the blue recovery menu. None of the options work. Startup Repair can't do it. System Restore says there is no restore point and System Image Recovery can't find an image.I have tried...
  3. Cannot reset PC with recovery media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot reset PC with recovery media: I have a surface go 2 which had a problem installing an update. Now when it boots it goes to the blue recovery menu. None of the options work. Startup Repair can't do it. System Restore says there is no restore point and System Image Recovery can't find an image.I have tried...
  4. Trying to Reset PC, but there's no Recovery Enviornment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to Reset PC, but there's no Recovery Enviornment: Basically, I'm trying to give my laptop to my sister, but in order to do so I need to Reset My PC, when I went to do so I get the error that there's no Recovery Environment on my PC. I go to google to see if there's a way to fix this... I found an article explaining that I...
  5. Trying to Reset PC, but there's no Recovery Enviornment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to Reset PC, but there's no Recovery Enviornment: Basically, I'm trying to give my laptop to my sister, but in order to do so I need to Reset My PC, when I went to do so I get the error that there's no Recovery Environment on my PC. I go to google to see if there's a way to fix this... I found an article explaining that I...
  6. Trying to Reset PC, but there's no Recovery Enviornment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system?

What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system?: Hi Your advice please: I currently have a dual-boot system, and its HDD has 2 partitions, which are: GUIP/GPT one for W7 & the other for W10.The HDD is running hot, so I've decided to replace the W10 OS and put it onto a new SSD.And for now, I’ll leave W7 on the HDD, but I...
  8. best way to reset windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    best way to reset windows: I'm using the laptop and I guess there is a default image of the windows in my laptop. What is the easiest way to reset it completely? * Of course I need to backup my data* Questions 1) Is it better to install from scratch? 2) Where is the key installed in my laptop? Is...
  9. Best Way To Go BACK to Win7

Best Way To Go BACK to Win7: So, for whatever reason, I'm having a myriad of issues with Win10. This laptop isn't even 4 months old, and I just had to replace my HHD last week, and my internet connection is dropping out every 5 mins. I have an OLD laptop with Win7 on it sitting right beside me and it's...
  10. What is the best way to partition a SSD for dual boot?

What is the best way to partition a SSD for dual boot?: This is my first time here so if I need to elaborate on anything or provide more information I'll be happy to. I'm trying to set up a dual boot environment on my Toshiba Satellite laptop. I've done this one other systems in the past enough to where it had become pretty...