Windows 10: HELP! PC Stuck in boot loop - Recovery USB & CD/DVD Not Booting..

Discus and support HELP! PC Stuck in boot loop - Recovery USB & CD/DVD Not Booting.. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I was video editing when my PC decided to display a 'blue screen of death' message with the error code "Npfs.SYS". The PC then did not boot to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Anonymous_270, Sep 22, 2020.

1. HELP! PC Stuck in boot loop - Recovery USB & CD/DVD Not Booting..

Hi,

I was video editing when my PC decided to display a 'blue screen of death' message with the error code "Npfs.SYS".

The PC then did not boot to the installed OS drive, so I inserted the Installation CD/DVD to initiate the troubleshooting/restart/re-install/SafeMode process, however, this did not initiate this process.

I created a recovery drive on a working Windows 10 64x computer and tried also to boot from that USB also formatted to FAT32.

Neither method are allowing me to boot into any troubleshooting options. I also changed the boot options & priority, enabled Legacy USB to enable USB access etc.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards. A

:)

Anonymous_270, Sep 22, 2020

2. Boot Loop

Hi,

Sorry for delayed response.

If you are stuck at login screen with manufacturer's logo then try to follow the steps provided below and see if it helps.

Step 1: Create ISO for Windows 10

You may also refer to the article mentioned below to for downloading Windows 10 on your computer.

Download Windows 10

Step 2: Perform an Automatic repair

The Automatic repair can detect and fix the issues that prevent the computer from working normally.
    After you have a Windows 10 installation disc/USB, follow these steps:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be F12.
    • The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
    • Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD ROM (in case you create DVD). Select USB in case
      you create USB.
    • After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click Startup Repair.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    Unable to boot into the PC: Stuck at boot loop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how frustrating this can be, we will look into this for you. However, we will need few information on the issue.

• What are the troubleshooting steps that you have tried to fix the issue?
    • Do you receives any error code or message, while the computer boots up?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How did this issue occurred?
    • How did you create a recovery USB?

Please follow the below mentioned methods and check with the issue:

Method 1: Create a bootable USB to get into the Windows recovery options.

Please refer this article
    How to create Windows 10 installation DVD/USB flash drive Step-by-Step Guide
    and create a bootable USB of Windows 10.

Method 2: Disable automatic restart after failure.

1. Connect the bootable USB to the PC and turn it on.
    2. Set the boot order as USB and saved the changes.
    3. Select Repair your computer.
    4. On the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot.
    5. Select Advance options > Startup settings.
    6. Click on restart and then you will get a list of options.
    7. Please select Disable automatic restart after failure
      from the list and check if you receive any error code or message.

Method 3: System restore or reset your PC.

Please refer the section Use installation media to restore or reset your PC from the article

Recovery options in Windows 10

Note: Restoring the computer won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Refer the article
    Global Customer Service phone numbers
    to get in touch with the Microsoft support team.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Rhina Vib Win User

HELP! PC Stuck in boot loop - Recovery USB & CD/DVD Not Booting..

Stuck in a boot loop

Hi,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• What is the make and model of your PC?

You may use Windows 10 installation disc/USB to perform automatic repair by creating a Media Creation Tool. To create the media tool, click this link.

Note: Please go through the above link and follow the steps before performing the automatic repair.

Perform the Automatic repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be F12.
    • The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer to the user manual.
    • Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD
      ROM
    • After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner
    • Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click Startup repair.
    Let us know how it goes.

Rhina Vib, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

HELP! PC Stuck in boot loop - Recovery USB & CD/DVD Not Booting..

1. HELP! PC Stuck in boot loop - Recovery USB & CD/DVD Not Booting.. - Similar Threads - HELP Stuck boot

2. PC stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC stuck in boot loop: The last time i had my pc on it installed a windows update and turned itself off afterwards. The next day i tried to turn it on but it wouldn’t accept my PIN or password and soon after that everytime i restarted it it comes up with a “Your PC did not start correctly” error....
  3. PC stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC stuck in boot loop: The last time i had my pc on it installed a windows update and turned itself off afterwards. The next day i tried to turn it on but it wouldn’t accept my PIN or password and soon after that everytime i restarted it it comes up with a “Your PC did not start correctly” error....
  4. PC stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows stuck in boot loop/recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows stuck in boot loop/recovery: My windows 10 pc is stuck in boot loop, cant even get into windows. If i try to enter recovery mode pc shuts down and it repeats. Even the system is trying to repair/recover windows, but in that process will fail and shut down. I tried everything i could find online...
  6. Windows stuck in boot loop/recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stuck in boot loop/recovery: My windows 10 pc is stuck in boot loop, cant even get into windows. If i try to enter recovery mode pc shuts down and it repeats. Even the system is trying to repair/recover windows, but in that process will fail and shut down. I tried everything i could find online...
  7. Windows stuck in boot loop/recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. PC stuck on boot loop

PC stuck on boot loop: So i was trying to reset my pc because i bought it used. I tried resetting it, It was going ok until i needed more storage i dont dont if this could be a reason right now but it reset and i clicked windows 10 volume 7 because that was the only option it gave me and after that...
  9. PC stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC stuck in boot loop: Hi there. So i recently updated my graphics card driver and i think i’ve installed one which isn’t compatible with my graphics card as once my pc restarted, it would load the bios screen just fine but then fail to load Windows 10 and instead freeze on a static-like screen....
  10. Stuck on recovery boot loop

Stuck on recovery boot loop: My laptop booted to windows 10 with all my files deleted no desktop icons and other data was deleted. I tried to hp recovery to reset to factory condition Windows 7. But after completion of the recovery process, it shows incomplete restoration and shows 3 options - save...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to solve bootloop using CD