Windows 10: [Help] PDFs downloaded off chrome automatically save as some sort of internet explorer doc...

Discus and support [Help] PDFs downloaded off chrome automatically save as some sort of internet explorer doc... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [Help] So a while back I must have accidentally enabled a default setting where saved documents offline save as some sort of online link through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DudeWithAMood12, Mar 16, 2020.

1. [Help] PDFs downloaded off chrome automatically save as some sort of internet explorer doc...

[Help] So a while back I must have accidentally enabled a default setting where saved documents offline save as some sort of online link through internet explorer to a pdf in a server somewhere, its weird and my computer can't open the files or even convert them to adobe pdf because it says theyve been damaged or corrupted upon download.

Even when I click 'save as' there's no option for adobe pdf. Is this an issue with my computer or a setting somewhere in chrome? Is there a setting somewhere to change the default to adobe pdf?

Thanks in advance for your help and have a good one.

submitted by /u/DudeWithAMood12
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DudeWithAMood12, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Solaris17 Win User

internet explorer help

just go to google and install chrome i do it on peoples machines that still run ie 7 it works.

then just use chrome to update IE if you really want it.

IE 8

IE 9

Solaris17, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

[Help] PDFs downloaded off chrome automatically save as some sort of internet explorer doc...

How do I tell Internet Explorer 11 to always save (only save) a certain filetype without asking me first?

Hi Ladislav,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to automatically save a file in Internet Explorer 11:

• In Internet Explorer 11, you'll have to click first on a file of the type you want to open automatically.
    • This will show you the Open/Save prompt.
    • Select the Save option.
    • In Internet Explorer, click Tools.
    • Click the View Download options.
    • You will see a popup containing the file that you downloaded.
    • Make sure to uncheck the option "Always ask before opening this type of file."

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

[Help] PDFs downloaded off chrome automatically save as some sort of internet explorer doc...

1. [Help] PDFs downloaded off chrome automatically save as some sort of internet explorer doc... - Similar Threads - Help PDFs downloaded

2. download pdfs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download pdfs: Can somone tell me why i have to open pdfs in my browser and can't download them as I used to with the nice Adobe formatting?Should I uninstall and reinstall Adobe Acrobat reader? Could it be defective?Is this a WIndows problem?Thank you...
  3. download pdfs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download pdfs: Can somone tell me why i have to open pdfs in my browser and can't download them as I used to with the nice Adobe formatting?Should I uninstall and reinstall Adobe Acrobat reader? Could it be defective?Is this a WIndows problem?Thank you...
  4. download pdfs

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. saving a doc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    saving a doc: I have a lot of OneDrive folders, and when I go to save a new document or save an attachment in a mail message, the window that pops up automatically jumps to "This PC" EVERY TIME which sits at the BOTTOM OF THE WINDOW, very very far away from my "Quick Access" pinned folders...
  6. saving a doc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    saving a doc: I have a lot of OneDrive folders, and when I go to save a new document or save an attachment in a mail message, the window that pops up automatically jumps to "This PC" EVERY TIME which sits at the BOTTOM OF THE WINDOW, very very far away from my "Quick Access" pinned folders...
  7. Make Internet Explorer 11 automatically save a file?

in Browsers and Email
    Make Internet Explorer 11 automatically save a file?: Is there a way to have Internet Explorer 11 automatically save a file, without Open/Save prompt? As in just click the in this case .PDF file and have it be auto downloaded? 180513
  8. Cannot Save Changes to Word Documents or Download pdfs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Save Changes to Word Documents or Download pdfs: Windows 10, 64 bit Open document that I've been working on daily. Make changes. Try to save the changed document with the same name and same location, using either the CLOSE button or by using SAVE AS: "We can't save the file because it's READ ONLY. I checked. It isn't....
  9. help downloading chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    help downloading chrome: I am having trouble downloading anything on my PC. Trying to download chrome and keep getting error message "Failed.. virus scan falled" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-downloading-chrome/481dfdba-12f2-4290-b73a-acd1f218ffe6
  10. Saving PDFs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving PDFs: I tried saving a PDF in a folder with the symbol # in the name and when i try to open the PDF if shows an error. However if i rename the folder the PDF is saved in to anything the doesnt have the # symbol then the PDF opens fine. I am using the new Surface pro X. Its not a...