Windows 10: [HELP] Playing videos results in a black screen with unaffected audio.

Discus and support [HELP] Playing videos results in a black screen with unaffected audio. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time I play a video, no matter the file type (from mp4, mkv, to avi) or the program (from windows video player & media player, vlc, to Kodi), the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/stankwitches, Mar 12, 2020.

1. [HELP] Playing videos results in a black screen with unaffected audio.

Every time I play a video, no matter the file type (from mp4, mkv, to avi) or the program (from windows video player & media player, vlc, to Kodi), the video is just black while the audio plays completely normal. This problem has gotten progressively worse over the past month as it started with windows video player and now very recently Kodi. When Windows video player began doing this, I would be able to display and watch the video by taking it out of full screen and opening + leaving open the volume slider in my taskbar. This has now stopped working, although when I do things like minimizing/maximizing the screen, play the video for a little without touching anything, skipping 30 seconds in the video, etc. the video display will flash for a split second before going black again.

The only times that I don't have this issue is when video editing with Premiere Pro and watching anything online via firefox and google chrome.

I have a Dell Inspiron 13-7378

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix this? I appreciate anything.

submitted by /u/stankwitches
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/stankwitches, Mar 12, 2020

2. Black Screen When Playing Videos

Whenever I want to play a video; in Facebook or YouTube, I have no video (black screen) but I have audio.

DanielT808, Mar 12, 2020
  3. black screen on most video

downloaded 10 with little problem.the result is black screen(sometimes green)on most videos usually on yahoo that accompany an article.i hit play and its just black.sometimes audio is okey,sometimes choppy.on occasion after a few minutes the video works.checked
    version of flashplayer,up to date.did troubleshooting,no problems.i can actually carry on in life without video,but it just irritates me.any not overly tech suggestions would help.thank you.

LarryShamaly, Mar 12, 2020
  4. [HELP] Playing videos results in a black screen with unaffected audio.

Videos and audios Won't Play

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Are you able to play videos and audios using Windows Media player or other application with in your system?
    • Which browser are you using?
    • Does this issue occurs using different browser?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

1. Press Windows key on your keyboard

2. Type Troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting..

3. Click on view all (on the left panel)

4. Select Playing Audio troubleshooter

5. Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.

6. Follow the same steps to troubleshoot
    Video playback.

Step 2: Also try to update drivers and check.

Follow the steps from the below link:

How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

[HELP] Playing videos results in a black screen with unaffected audio.

1. [HELP] Playing videos results in a black screen with unaffected audio. - Similar Threads - HELP Playing videos

2. No audio and black screen on videos issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio and black screen on videos issue: Hello,I really need help with my issue. Ever since my laptop got the latest update on Win 11 I am unable to hear any audio and all my videos, online or local, only show a black screen.I have tried every possible solution to this issue. Run the troubleshooter, uninstall and...
  3. No audio and black screen on videos issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio and black screen on videos issue: Hello,I really need help with my issue. Ever since my laptop got the latest update on Win 11 I am unable to hear any audio and all my videos, online or local, only show a black screen.I have tried every possible solution to this issue. Run the troubleshooter, uninstall and...
  4. learn.microsoft.com videos play with white screen no video only audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    learn.microsoft.com videos play with white screen no video only audio: Hi In Chrome browser when I play an embedded video from learn.microsoft.com I get a white screen no video only audioBefore clicking play:After clicking play:...
  5. Black Screen when trying to play video, audio works fine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen when trying to play video, audio works fine: Hello. So I'm having a problem. Sometimes, Depending on the video... The screen is just Pure black with audio, Not all videos are like this. Sometimes when I DL videos off a site All I get is audio. But pitch-black screen. Any idea what can be causing this? Please advise...
  6. Black screen issue with video playing apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen issue with video playing apps: I have recently started experiencing this issue on my PC that seems to be affecting all of the video playing apps (Netflix, Vudu, etc.) from the Windows 10 store. This is what the issue is: I watch a movie or TV show on something like Netflix or Vudu, and it plays fine. But...
  7. Videos not playing properly (Black Screen, Green Screen)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos not playing properly (Black Screen, Green Screen): Hello, I've run into a problem with videos not playing properly after installing the Asus ATK package from the support website. First, Youtube Videos failed to load the actual videos, only having the sound playing, with only a black screen. I disabled Hardware Acceleration...
  8. Black screen during game play and videos.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen during game play and videos.: I recently installed my new GTX 1050 Ti and updated it with all the latest drivers from the Nvidia website but for some reason my monitor keeps black screening whenever I start up a game or go to watch a video on Youtube. It's not too bad with the videos as it happens for...
  9. Video play green or black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video play green or black screen: After Win 10 installed, everything works fine except for videos. When I try to view them using my Facebook page, I am just getting a green or black screen although I usually have audio -- but not always. I have installed and updated AMD drivers. Thank you. 13786
  10. Video play green or black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Video play green or black screen: Getting a green or black screen when playing videos through Facebook. But, if I go directly to YouTube, the videos play with no problem. Thank you. 14343