Windows 10: Help please ... can't access network settings

Discus and support Help please ... can't access network settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Usually, my internet auto comes on. Now it doesn't. Can't even access my network status from settings (it just blinks and closes). Can not even get it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ForgotMyBumbershoot, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Help please ... can't access network settings

Usually, my internet auto comes on. Now it doesn't. Can't even access my network status from settings (it just blinks and closes). Can not even get it to recognize possible networks (including ethernet cable). I can sometimes get the status to open if I search ethernet, and go to status from there. Here is a pic of the status screen. Sorry for the pic, I have no internet, so can't send a screenshot.

caption

Please help Help please ... can't access network settings :)

submitted by /u/ForgotMyBumbershoot
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ForgotMyBumbershoot, Oct 22, 2020
  2. oily_17 Win User

Home network

Did you try this

Just a stab in the dark really...

oily_17, Oct 22, 2020
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Help please ... can't access network settings

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Help please ... can't access network settings

1. Help please ... can't access network settings - Similar Threads - Help please can't

2. Anti Virus Websites Can't Be Accessed - Please Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anti Virus Websites Can't Be Accessed - Please Help: I have a problem with a virus in Windows 11. I think it's a Trojan-32. So far I've seen the following "Vir Tool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore" and "Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.Hml" both which have been said to be removed by Microsoft Safety Scanner and Microsoft Security Defender,...
  3. Anti Virus Websites Can't Be Accessed - Please Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anti Virus Websites Can't Be Accessed - Please Help: I have a problem with a virus in Windows 11. I think it's a Trojan-32. So far I've seen the following "Vir Tool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore" and "Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.Hml" both which have been said to be removed by Microsoft Safety Scanner and Microsoft Security Defender,...
  4. Help PLEASE . In the settings I click on network it shuts settings down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help PLEASE . In the settings I click on network it shuts settings down: I have internet but it keeps saying I do not. It will not let me download and install my virus onto my computer. BUT with saying this. when I go to settings and click on any of the properties in there its fine BUT if I click on network it shuts the settings box right down...
  5. Help PLEASE . In the settings I click on network it shuts settings down

Help PLEASE . In the settings I click on network it shuts settings down: I have internet but it keeps saying I do not. It will not let me download and install my virus onto my computer. BUT with saying this. when I go to settings and click on any of the properties in there its fine BUT if I click on network it shuts the settings box right down...
  6. Help PLEASE . In the settings I click on network it shuts settings down

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I can't access my PC, please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access my PC, please help.: I wanted to clean my PC and I don't know what I have done, but after restart my PC it's "autoreparing", and then it shows me to select account and type a password.The account us my name, but I don't even remember what is the password or when did I make the password.When I...
  8. I can't access my PC, please help.

I can't access my PC, please help.: I wanted to clean my PC and I don't know what I have done, but after restart my PC it's "autoreparing", and then it shows me to select account and type a password.The account us my name, but I don't even remember what is the password or when did I make the password.When I...
  9. Can't access "Network & Internet" settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access "Network & Internet" settings: When I try to open the "Network & Internet" section of Settings, the app crashes. I *can* open it when in Safe Mode. I'm using Win 10 2004. Here's the Event Viewer error record of what happens: Error when trying to open Network & Internet Settings: Faulting application...
  10. Can't access the setting button and want to run a system restore. Please help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access the setting button and want to run a system restore. Please help: Can't access the setting button and want to run a system restore. Please help Can't find the trouble shooting link for this as well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-the-setting-button-and-want-to-run-a/e3050106-017f-4172-a766-180b4782f67b