Windows 10: Help please daughter pressed off button rather than shut down.......

Discus and support Help please daughter pressed off button rather than shut down....... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My daughter pressed the off button rather than shutting down her lenovo laptop i started again it asked for her password but we have a PIN number so i... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Starbugbabe, May 2, 2023.

1. Help please daughter pressed off button rather than shut down.......

My daughter pressed the off button rather than shutting down her lenovo laptop i started again it asked for her password but we have a PIN number so i reset her password on my laptop but it wont accept either the password or the PIN now. please help *Moved from feedback.

:)

Starbugbabe, May 2, 2023
  2. Slions Win User
    Slions, May 2, 2023
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    not shutting down even i press thee shut down button

Hi Rohith,

This issue may occur if there are processes or services still running on the background or a faulty device driver installed on your device. If your PC is still on the
    "Shutting down" screen until now, you can force it to shut down by pressing the
    Power button for 5 to 10 seconds or until it turns off.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we'd recommend running the power troubleshooter on your device to help us identify and fix any underlying factors that may be causing the issue. To run the troubleshooter on your device, follow these steps:

• Click on the Windows icon on your computer, then type in Troubleshoot.
    • At the left pane, choose Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power, then
      Run the troubleshooter.
    • Follow the prompt, then see if it'll resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Rey Bel1, May 2, 2023
  4. OOOO Win User

Help please daughter pressed off button rather than shut down.......

How to disable "5 seconds power button shut off" on a laptop?

I does not suggest you to do this, if you insist on this, try the following steps.

1. Open Control Panel
    2. Find and click System and Security
    3. Find and click Power Options
    4. On the left hand, you will see Choose what the power button does and click it
    5. Click Change settings that are currently unavailable to be able to change the settings
    6. In When I press the power button, you can choose Do nothing

Help please daughter pressed off button rather than shut down....... SQHnd.png

Hope this can help you.

OOOO, May 2, 2023
Thema:

Help please daughter pressed off button rather than shut down.......

1. Help please daughter pressed off button rather than shut down....... - Similar Threads - Help please daughter

2. I pressed the turn off button on my computer and then forcefully shut it down by holding...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I pressed the turn off button on my computer and then forcefully shut it down by holding...: I pressed the turn off button on my computer and then forcefully shut it down by holding the button for 5 seconds, when i then started my computer the resolution was changed, my background keeps flickering and the mouse is stuck in the middle of the screen and is also...
  3. I pressed the turn off button on my computer and then forcefully shut it down by holding...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I pressed the turn off button on my computer and then forcefully shut it down by holding...: I pressed the turn off button on my computer and then forcefully shut it down by holding the button for 5 seconds, when i then started my computer the resolution was changed, my background keeps flickering and the mouse is stuck in the middle of the screen and is also...
  4. Help please daughter pressed off button rather than shut down.......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help please daughter pressed off button rather than shut down.......: My daughter pressed the off button rather than shutting down her lenovo laptop i started again it asked for her password but we have a PIN number so i reset her password on my laptop but it wont accept either the password or the PIN now. please help *Moved from feedback....
  5. Help please daughter pressed off button rather than shut down.......

Help please daughter pressed off button rather than shut down.......: My daughter pressed the off button rather than shutting down her lenovo laptop i started again it asked for her password but we have a PIN number so i reset her password on my laptop but it wont accept either the password or the PIN now. please help *Moved from feedback....
  6. pc shuts off please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc shuts off please help: PC shut off please helpmy pc of 2-3 years that i build started to shut off randomly about 3 months ago and we’ll it’s was honestly random some days it would be on all day some days it would shut off and then be on all day and we’ll i bought a new case and transferred the new...
  7. pc shuts off please help

pc shuts off please help: PC shut off please helpmy pc of 2-3 years that i build started to shut off randomly about 3 months ago and we’ll it’s was honestly random some days it would be on all day some days it would shut off and then be on all day and we’ll i bought a new case and transferred the new...
  8. PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down: Hi.I got a weird bug with my PC recently. When I shut down the PC by pressing start -> shut down, the screen goes black for a few seconds like it's shutting down, and then I see a lock screen and login again. Reboot works as expected. If run command `shutdown /s` - the PC...
  9. PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down

PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down: Hi.I got a weird bug with my PC recently. When I shut down the PC by pressing start -> shut down, the screen goes black for a few seconds like it's shutting down, and then I see a lock screen and login again. Reboot works as expected. If run command `shutdown /s` - the PC...
  10. Power Off button vs. Shut Down button on screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Off button vs. Shut Down button on screen.: Is there any problems using the 'power-button' on the tower vs. using the 'Shut Down' button on screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-off-button-vs-shut-down-button-on-screen/b9c98a3c-b0d5-4436-8acd-39788bab7209