Windows 10: HELP please i have no sound after windows update

Discus and support HELP please i have no sound after windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey I have absolutely no sound on my laptop after a windows update. I have searched and searched and still have no sound I have tried.. 1. Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KaiMarie, Oct 5, 2019.

1. KaiMarie Win User

HELP please i have no sound after windows update

Hey I have absolutely no sound on my laptop after a windows update. I have searched and searched and still have no sound

I have tried..

1. Windows key + R

-Services.msc

-plug and play

-change to automantic

2. uninstalling the driver completely

-letting it download and install on its own

-AND I have installed the latest update from the websites

3. I have reinstalled windows completely via recovery but kept my files (dont know if that prevented it)

4. I have ran the troubleshooter and it says I need to restart my laptop

-I do and nothing happens

5. hovering over the sound icon says no audio devices found but the drivers appear normal

6. I do not have the roll back driver option and when I try to update it, it says it has the latest update.

7. I dont not have a restore point for my laptop at all to go to a point before this happens

sometimes they ask for the Hardware IDs here they are for all three under my audio!

(Intel(R) Display Audio Properties)

INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_280B&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000
    INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_280B&SUBSYS_80860101

(NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device)

USB\VID_0955&PID_9000

(Realtek(R) Audio Properties)

INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0256&SUBSYS_10280825&REV_1000
    INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0256&SUBSYS_10280825

If anyone can help with suggestions that would be really nice!

I dont know what else to do!

:)

KaiMarie, Oct 5, 2019

2. window10 sound problems - I need help can you help me do that to fix the sound.

Hi,

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• What all the troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolved the issue?
    • What is the exact issue are you facing with sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Oct 5, 2019
  3. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 5, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue HELP please i have no sound after windows update :p

cadaveca, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

1. HELP please i have no sound after windows update - Similar Threads - HELP please sound

2. Help please. No sound.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help please. No sound.: Split from this thread. hlep pliz no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-please-no-sound/8446649a-bef5-41d8-8dea-8edde7edef22
  3. Help please. No sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help please. No sound.: Split from this thread. hlep pliz no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-please-no-sound/8446649a-bef5-41d8-8dea-8edde7edef22
  4. I have no sound. Help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have no sound. Help!: I have no sound. I was told Windows 10 Home no longer has audio support? I am not anywhere close to being a computer guy. I have an online seminar in the morning. What do I do? Do I have to get another OS?...
  5. I have no sound. Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no sound. Help!: I have no sound. I was told Windows 10 Home no longer has audio support? I am not anywhere close to being a computer guy. I have an online seminar in the morning. What do I do? Do I have to get another OS?...
  6. I have no sound. Help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can someone please help me as i have no sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can someone please help me as i have no sound: Hi all, First of all thanks for taking your time time to read this its much appreciated. I'm normally a console player however I picked up a average gaming computer and been having problems with the sound since purchase I was just wondering if their was a kind lady or gent...
  8. After Windows 10 update I have no sound please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After Windows 10 update I have no sound please help: After updating to the newest update of windows 10, I have no sound I have uninstalled all audio drivers and reinstalled I have tried system restore and it worked but when it updated again it went back to no sound. In the sound control panel it shows that audio is coming...
  9. after update I have flat sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    after update I have flat sound: After doing a update the sound has lost it's quality and after a couple of hours now of trying to find why I give up i hope someone can help me out with this submitted by /u/Mekna [link] [comments]...
  10. I have no sound on my new windows computer. Please help me.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have no sound on my new windows computer. Please help me.: I have a new Windows 10 computer. There is no sound coming form the computer. Please advise how to get sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/i-have-no-sound-on-my-new-windows-computer-please/0d5802ac-3ce6-4490-b1ea-65184925de8e