Windows 10: Help please. Photoshop quit being my default image app, and cant fix

Discus and support Help please. Photoshop quit being my default image app, and cant fix in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Everything was working fine yesterday until I was trying to download a Photoshop brush from Brusheezy.com that had an extension I didn’t recognize, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BevBlack, Nov 10, 2018.

1. BevBlack Win User

Help please. Photoshop quit being my default image app, and cant fix

Everything was working fine yesterday until I was trying to download a Photoshop brush from Brusheezy.com that had an extension I didn’t recognize, and I don’t remember what it was. It popped up an error message, then, every time I tried to open anything that Photoshop normally opens.
    I went into Default Settings and tried to set Photoshop as default photo viewer, but it will not let me.
    I right clicked the files, selected “opens with,” clicked choose another app., and made sure the box was checked before clicking Photoshop.
    I right clicked the file, selected properties, and change. I selected Photoshop, but it won’t save.
    Nothing works to make Photoshop the default program. It keeps trying to open with Paint 3D.
    I only use Photoshop. I only have 1 version,19.1.6, installed. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it.
    I checked for malware and viruses and don’t have any.

Will not associate images with Photoshop. I spent at least an hour with an Adobe expert screen sharing to try to fix it, but he couldn’t. He tried editing the registry, but that didn’t work either. He said my registry is corrupt. So, I ran sfc /scannow and got this message:
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
    For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
    repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

I restarted the computer. But it’s still not working!!!

:)

BevBlack, Nov 10, 2018
  2. shytot Win User

Can't Select Photoshop as a Default App

Hi
    I've just downloaded Photoshop CC2018 and tried to make it the default photo viewer, but it does not appear in the list of apps that I can select from. Have also tried doing the same for opening .jpg files, but just the same, no Photoshop! I have rebooted the system a couple of times but it makes no difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

shytot, Nov 10, 2018
  3. How can I change my default view of images to my Photoshop jpeg format?

If that's the case, kindly try these steps and see if this resolves the issue:

• Open File Explorer, then right-click on a JPEG file.
    • Select Properties, then click Change beside
      Opens with.
    • Select Photoshop. If Photoshop is not on the list, select
      Look for another app on this PC
    • From the list, select Photoshop.

If the Photoshop app is missing, we highly suggest that you update the app or uninstall; then reinstall the Photoshop app through Windows Store.

Get back to us should you need further help.

Vanessa Oca, Nov 10, 2018
  4. otooleg Win User

How can I change my default view of images to my Photoshop jpeg format?

Thanks at last - that worked !!!!!!

otooleg, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Help please. Photoshop quit being my default image app, and cant fix - Similar Threads - Help please Photoshop

2. My windows 11 error. Cant change default program for images/photo. Please help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 11 error. Cant change default program for images/photo. Please help me: I have reset and repair my microsoft photos app but still cannot change to another apps or open my images/photo with default program microsoft photos...
  3. My windows 11 error. Cant change default program for images/photo. Please help me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 11 error. Cant change default program for images/photo. Please help me: I have reset and repair my microsoft photos app but still cannot change to another apps or open my images/photo with default program microsoft photos...
  4. Cant use bluetooth please help {image included}.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant use bluetooth please help {image included}.: submitted by /u/Peta-8-bit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lvh6yw/cant_use_bluetooth_please_help_image_included/
  5. Photoshop no longer available as default for image files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photoshop no longer available as default for image files: I can no longer associate Photoshop app with image files after the last windows update. It is no longer available. I've gone into settings and there's a list of file associations for jpg file extensions, but Photoshop is no longer on the list, nor can I find a way to get it...
  6. Some Photoshop shortcuts quit working

Some Photoshop shortcuts quit working: Moderators - move this thread if necessary but I searched this thread & found similar posts. I've used shortcuts in Photoshop for years but every now & then one or two Photoshop shortcuts quit working. Other shortcuts are not effected. The only major change I've made to my...
  7. Window's Default Photo Program Cant Open My Images Anymore.. Help!!!

Window's Default Photo Program Cant Open My Images Anymore.. Help!!!: After I tried to repair system restore (which still isnt fixed) I try to open an image with window's default photo image program like I usually do. But I get this message: [img] Then when I close that window I get this message: [img] 130527
  8. photoshop default app availability lost

in Windows 10 Customization
    photoshop default app availability lost: Running win 10 ver1803 and photoshop cc 2018. why is the latter no longer available as default in the former?. the poorer photoshop express is useable! All obvious fixes don't work....
  9. Default Photoshop App for jpeg

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Photoshop App for jpeg: I wish to set Adobe Photoshop 2019 as my default for jpegs. Can do this for Tiffs and PSDs but not jpegs. Om Settomgs under set defaults by app Adobe Photoshop 2019 is not there but I have it on my computer and it works ok. Also in choose default applications by file...
  10. Can't Select Photoshop as a Default App

Can't Select Photoshop as a Default App: Hi I've just downloaded Photoshop CC2018 and tried to make it the default photo viewer, but it does not appear in the list of apps that I can select from. Have also tried doing the same for opening .jpg files, but just the same, no Photoshop! I have rebooted the system a...