Windows 10: Help Please with computer powering off

Discus and support Help Please with computer powering off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a new computer. I have one task that tells the computer to turn off at 11:30 nightly. Here lately the last two mornings, I come in, the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by timlab55, Jan 14, 2021.

1. timlab55 Win User

Help Please with computer powering off

I have a new computer. I have one task that tells the computer to turn off at 11:30 nightly. Here lately the last two mornings, I come in, the computer is complete power off. I turn it on and get working about 10 mins into what I'm doing, I get this message that my computer is going to completely power off. It powers off, I wait 10 secs, turn it back on and the rest of the day/evening, it stays on no problems. So what could be causing this?
    Thanks

:)

timlab55, Jan 14, 2021

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Windows 10 power buttons not working.

Hi Gerry,

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps given below:

You can run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering
    sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Power.
    • Click on Advanced on the
      Power
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Power troubleshooter.
    Step 2:

Try to restore the default power plan settings and check to isolate the issue.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.
    • Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.
    • Click on Change plan settings beside your current plan.
    • Click on Restore default setting for this plan and click on
      OK if prompted.
    Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Help Please with computer powering off - Similar Threads - Help Please computer

2. Computer keeps shutting off, please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps shutting off, please help: Please help! My computer keeps turning off when I don’t have it plugged in despite it having a lot of battery around 70 percent. At first I was confused but I quickly realized that it only turns on when it’s still plugged in, Is their any way to fix this. I had this computer...
  3. Computer keeps shutting off, please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps shutting off, please help: Please help! My computer keeps turning off when I don’t have it plugged in despite it having a lot of battery around 70 percent. At first I was confused but I quickly realized that it only turns on when it’s still plugged in, Is their any way to fix this. I had this computer...
  4. Could you please help me with my pc powering on and off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Could you please help me with my pc powering on and off.: I tried booting into safe mode after changing screen resolution. Now my pc is turning on and off, it turns on for 5 seconds then turns off, after that it turns on again for 20 seconds. When it's on for 20 second there is a little white line in the top left corner then it...
  5. Could you please help me with my pc powering on and off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could you please help me with my pc powering on and off.: I tried booting into safe mode after changing screen resolution. Now my pc is turning on and off, it turns on for 5 seconds then turns off, after that it turns on again for 20 seconds. When it's on for 20 second there is a little white line in the top left corner then it...
  6. Could you please help me with my pc powering on and off.

7. Computer Powers ON and then off immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Powers ON and then off immediately: My Computer Powers ON and then off immediatelyAnd turn on againHeatsink not dried outCPU FAN is work properlyDear I check properly my PC get not overheat CPU Temperature is coolBut PC Powers ON And Then off immediatelyI Reinstall my Windows my problem not solvedPlease tell me...
  8. Computer Powers ON and then off immediately

Computer Powers ON and then off immediately: My Computer Powers ON and then off immediatelyAnd turn on againHeatsink not dried outCPU FAN is work properlyDear I check properly my PC get not overheat CPU Temperature is coolBut PC Powers ON And Then off immediatelyI Reinstall my Windows my problem not solvedPlease tell me...
  9. COMPUTER WILL NOT MANUALLY POWER OFF

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    COMPUTER WILL NOT MANUALLY POWER OFF: After the BSOD my laptop did not restart and I cannot manually power off the computer. Stop Code : SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-will-not-manually-power-off/a01af433-c3be-4b51-be6b-87536225148c
  10. Powering computer off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Powering computer off: I never want my computer to shut off. I have the power option set to "never" but after a couple of days the computer wouldn't respond. the power light is on but nothing happens when I push any key. The only way to power it up again is to turn the power button off and then...