Windows 10: Help Pls: Cannot interact with UWP apps

Discus and support Help Pls: Cannot interact with UWP apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; About a week ago my PC developed a strange problem - whenever I initially interact with the GUI shell or a UWP app, the shell and app stop responding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AlsoNotTheMamma, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Help Pls: Cannot interact with UWP apps

About a week ago my PC developed a strange problem - whenever I initially interact with the GUI shell or a UWP app, the shell and app stop responding until I press ctrl-alt-del, then they go back to normal, except that I cannot interact with UWP apps - clicks and keystrokes are not recognised, although I can move (and min / max) the UWP window.

Actual example: I push the windows key on the keyboard. My mouse mostly stops moving (it moves a few mm around where it was) and the start menu doesn't appear (I sometimes see apps highlighting as if my mouse was moving over them, but no cursor). I push ctrl-alt-del, the grey screen comes up, I hit escape or push cancel and the start menu is open and I can click on buttons and search for apps. I then do anything to close the start menu, and the same thing happens - mouse cursor freezes etc... until I do the ctrl-alt-del thing again.

If I open settings, the windows store, and and delete apps, or most other UWP apps, nothing happens (with some apps, like settings, I sometimes see a blue window with a cog in it) until I hit ctrl-alt-del, then the app appears, but I cannot click on anything inside the window (well, I can, but nothing registers or happens), and keystrokes are not recognised.

Same thing if I alt-tab, or click on notifications, etc...

Things I've tried:

• Disabling my AV,
    • Changing my AV,
    • Reinstalling graphics drivers,
    • Running CCleaner,
    • Rebooting,
    • Running updates (not sure how successfully - I cannot interact with update window),
    • Various sfc and dism commands,
    • Tried clearing the Store cache,
    • Calling the machine ugly names,
    • Peer pressure (showing it the other computers are all working),
    • Threatening it with a hammer (usually works),
    • (NOTE: All threats were directed at the computer itself and NOT the monitors, I'm not a noob!)
    • Prayer,
    • Blood sacrifices I'd prefer not to discuss here for legal reasons.

Any suggestions for what I can try?

It's a fairly old machine, but still runs extremely well.

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    OS Version: 10.0.19041 N/A Build 19041
    OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
    OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
    OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
    Registered Owner: AlsoNotTheMamma
    Registered Organization: Jurassic Park
    Product ID: 12345-54321-24680-08642
    Original Install Date: Last time windows borked
    System Boot Time: Early this morning
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: To be filled by O.E.M., Lazy Bastards
    System Type: x64-based PC
    GPU: nVidia GTX 970
    Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
    [01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~3801 Mhz
    BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. F14, 2012/08/22
    System Locale: en-gb;English (United Kingdom)
    Input Locale: en-us;English (United States)
    Time Zone: (UTC+02:00) Harare, Pretoria
    Total Physical Memory: 9 162 MB
    Available Physical Memory: 4 532 MB
    Virtual Memory: Max Size: 24 010 MB
    Virtual Memory: Available: 16 197 MB
    Virtual Memory: In Use: 7 813 MB
    Page File Location(s): C:\pagefile.sys
    Hotfix(s): 8 Hotfix(s) Installed.
    [01]: KB4576478
    [02]: KB4576945
    [03]: KB4560366
    [04]: KB4561600
    [05]: KB4566785
    [06]: KB4570334
    [07]: KB4577266
    [08]: KB4571756
    Hyper-V Requirements: VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes
    Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: Yes
    Second Level Address Translation: Yes
    Data Execution Prevention Available: Yes

submitted by /u/AlsoNotTheMamma
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AlsoNotTheMamma, Oct 2, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Using speech in your UWP apps: It’s good to talk

Read more: Using speech in your UWP apps: Its good to talk | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Oct 2, 2020
  3. UWP App in Assigned Access and Windows Store for Business - what happens when an app update is available?

Junior Dev here trying to figure out how to deploy and manage a UWP app for multiple Assigned Access accounts (think restaurant kiosks) that I won't be able to physically access or have a user interact with
    them for updates.

Question: If I had a UWP app on Windows Store for Business with a pending update, what happens when the app is currently running on an Assigned Access account?

• When does the app actually get updated? On the next reboot of the machine before the app is launched via Assigned Access?
    • Is there a way to force the app to update and restart without a reboot of the machine?
    • Is there any user interaction required for this to happen (like a UAC prompt)
    • Does the AUMID change and if so does this break the assigned access?
    Thanks for all you help!

Rob McKiosk, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Help Pls: Cannot interact with UWP apps

Certain apps are crashing upon start. App reset, re-installation nothing seems to help. Any fixes?

The app in question are as follows:

• Engadget UWP
    • Windows Central UWP
    • CNET (Windows 8 App)
    These were working fine in AU.

I have tried App reset and re-installation from store. Nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions?

Gupta Varun, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Help Pls: Cannot interact with UWP apps

1. Help Pls: Cannot interact with UWP apps - Similar Threads - Help Pls Cannot

2. Pls help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pls help: I need help fixing a problem. My laptop broke yesterday, so I had to take out the hard drive and connect it to another computer. Now, I'm seeing a certain display. Can anyone help me fix it?...
  3. help pls

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    help pls: so my pin isn't working and it's saying that its not available and that i have to reset it but when i click the reset pin button nothing happens, but that's not the issue, the issue is when i try to fix it in the system recovery tab it says that i need my password but every...
  4. Pls help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pls help: Hello pls I don’t know what’s wrong with my pc but some of my apps keep giving me the error message “ this app can’t run on your pc” but it opens the first time I download it but once I quit the application it gives the error again pls help I have done sfc scan and different...
  5. Help pls

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help pls: I need help mainly because my pcs auto repair keeps on failing and when I try to do a advanced option it takes me to the: “your device has ran into a problem” when I try to fix it and I also forgot my local user account because I only use my pin...
  6. HELP PLS!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP PLS!!!: Hey see in my pc i have malware bytes a antivirus i scan it everytime so it found virus + windows defender also everytime i scan it say virus like 1 is SVC-Host which is not in sys32 so pls help me !...
  7. Help pls

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help pls: My Start Menu seems to take wuite a bit to open after I hit the Start Menu Button, also the animation seems a bit laggy Side Question: Should I install Windows 10 2004? submitted by /u/YizRael [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hy6tc8/help_pls/
  8. Pls help

Pls help: I have a lenovo think pad that I use for work but when ever I try to start it, it says it's going into automatic repair mode but it just ends up at an error that says 'your pc ran into a problem and we need to restart,' only to repeat this when I try start up again :( Anyone...
  9. pls help

pls help: All my saved videos on my pc is in color blind mode and i have no idea how to fix it. its only the videos that are in color blind all my other stuff is fine. ive checked windows settings and nvidia settings but i cant find any solution. submitted by /u/Kneegrowhunter873...
  10. help pls

help pls: i accidentally downloaded windows 10 on my hdd and want to put in on my ssd. How should i go about this? should i factory reset my pc? would doing this delete windows 10 so that i can re download it onto my ssd? submitted by /u/StonerSloth125 [link] [comments]...