Windows 10: [HELP] Possible to prevent every program from hanging when a USB drive is waking up?

Discus and support [HELP] Possible to prevent every program from hanging when a USB drive is waking up? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I have to work with a USB drive that is sleeping, every program comes to a halt for a few seconds while the USB drive wakes up. For example... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hqjjciy6sJr, Mar 26, 2020.

1. [HELP] Possible to prevent every program from hanging when a USB drive is waking up?

Whenever I have to work with a USB drive that is sleeping, every program comes to a halt for a few seconds while the USB drive wakes up.

For example If I try download a file in Firefox to a sleeping USB drive, every Firefox tab, even every Windows Explorer window becomes inaccessible.

Similarly, if I try to open a file in a sleeping USB drive, everything else that is not related to that window becomes inaccessible.

Is there any way to prevent this?

submitted by /u/Hqjjciy6sJr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hqjjciy6sJr, Mar 26, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

[HELP] Possible to prevent every program from hanging when a USB drive is waking up?

Computer won't wake up after sleep

Hi Gregory,

It's possible that some settings are preventing your computer from waking up after sleep mode. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Are you using a third-party antivirus program?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Yolvi Ell, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

[HELP] Possible to prevent every program from hanging when a USB drive is waking up?

1. [HELP] Possible to prevent every program from hanging when a USB drive is waking up? - Similar Threads - HELP Possible prevent

2. How to prevent waking from Hibernation but allow waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to prevent waking from Hibernation but allow waking from Sleep: In Windows 10 version 1909, how do I prevent waking from Hibernation but allow waking from Sleep? I don't want my PC to wake from mouse and keyboard movements, but I am maybe okay for it to wake to install updates but if it does this, I'd like it to put itself back into...
  3. File Explorer hanging when waking a drive - normal?

File Explorer hanging when waking a drive - normal?: So, when I access an ext drive connected via USB, file explorer will randomly lock, is this normal? The PC is unresponsive for up to 3 or 4 seconds. It's not the only time it hangs but it is always when file explorer is trying to do something. save a file, open a file, etc....
  4. How to prevent Windows 10 from waking up from hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent Windows 10 from waking up from hibernate: How to prevent Windows 10 from waking up from hibernate from keyboard or mouse ? I want it to wake up only from power button 128925
  5. How to prevent laptop from waking on lid open when hibernated?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent laptop from waking on lid open when hibernated?: I have a thinkpad X230 (windows 10) and I would like to be able to open lid (when hibernated) without waking it. It is just fine to wake up by open lid when in sleep mode, but not for hibernation. I have tried: Power Options > System Settings > When i close the lid > do...
  6. Possible to prevent system/program from changing/modifying folder/file

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to prevent system/program from changing/modifying folder/file: Is there a possibility of like for example stopping a program or system from changing a file or folder, not too harshly, just enough to make the system or program ignore it. Like for example update folders. If i changed the permissions in a way (yes I am admin of PC too), can...
  7. BSOD when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when waking up from sleep: So, I was having this problem for awhile now and the BSOD when waking up was "kernel_data_inpage_error" but kept freezing on 0% to create minidumps, I was unable to get those. Today was a different error "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" and was able to get one minidump from it. I...
  8. Photo screensaver - hangs or slow to "wake up"

Photo screensaver - hangs or slow to "wake up": Hi I use the Win10 built-in photo screensaver. If I try "wake up" my PC (ie. click on keyboard or move /click mouse), the computer seems to hang (or is slow) to exit the screensaver mode. I do use a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse. Has anyone experienced...
  9. Computer hangs on Lenovo logo when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer hangs on Lenovo logo when waking up from sleep: Hello everyone, Sometimes my computer does not wake up from sleep after I have the lid closed for a while. My screen turns on but my computer just shows the Lenovo logo and does nothing, see attached photo. 20170918_233913.jpg Normal startup goes to this screen and after...
  10. Prevent Win10 from waking device?

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent Win10 from waking device?: Hello, all device i updated to 10 (anniversary edition) wake from sleep by themselves & i'm not sure why. I checked events history but couldn't identify. Certainly related to (windows) update. How do i stop this? Thank you! 60731