Windows 10: [HELP] Possible to prevent every program from hanging when a USB drive is waking up?

Discus and support [HELP] Possible to prevent every program from hanging when a USB drive is waking up? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I have to work with a USB drive that is sleeping, every program comes to a halt for a few seconds while the USB drive wakes up. For example... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hqjjciy6sJr, Mar 26, 2020.

1. [HELP] Possible to prevent every program from hanging when a USB drive is waking up?

Whenever I have to work with a USB drive that is sleeping, every program comes to a halt for a few seconds while the USB drive wakes up.

For example If I try download a file in Firefox to a sleeping USB drive, every Firefox tab, even every Windows Explorer window becomes inaccessible.

Similarly, if I try to open a file in a sleeping USB drive, everything else that is not related to that window becomes inaccessible.

Is there any way to prevent this?

submitted by /u/Hqjjciy6sJr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hqjjciy6sJr, Mar 26, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

[HELP] Possible to prevent every program from hanging when a USB drive is waking up?

Computer won't wake up after sleep

Hi Gregory,

It's possible that some settings are preventing your computer from waking up after sleep mode. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Are you using a third-party antivirus program?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Yolvi Ell, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

[HELP] Possible to prevent every program from hanging when a USB drive is waking up?

1. [HELP] Possible to prevent every program from hanging when a USB drive is waking up? - Similar Threads - HELP Possible prevent

2. How to prevent a device from waking up PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent a device from waking up PC?: My computer woke up at night, recently after I put it to sleep. This is what the command prompt says about what woke it upWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path:...
  3. How to prevent a device from waking up PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent a device from waking up PC?: My computer woke up at night, recently after I put it to sleep. This is what the command prompt says about what woke it upWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path:...
  4. Unable to prevent USB mouse from waking up Windows/laptop from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to prevent USB mouse from waking up Windows/laptop from sleep.: Hi, I've a brand new Windows 10 laptop Dell I'm looking for a way to prevent USB mouse from waking up Windows/laptop from sleep. I'm read some articles on the same, which are suggesting to navigate to device manager and then use the Power Management tab to disable this...
  5. How to prevent USB Composite Device from waking up the computer

How to prevent USB Composite Device from waking up the computer: I'm having trouble with a certain USB Composite Device waking up my computer when I don't want it to wake up. I have tried all tutorials that I found with Google but none of them solved the problem. Below is a screenshot that should contain all the relevant info. I would...
  6. Computer hanging when waking from startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer hanging when waking from startup?: Hi, I've recently found myself with an issue on my computer. I like to use sleep mode instead of turning it off because then I don't have to deal with 15 programs opening on startup. However, now whenever I wake it up from sleep and go to the login page it types gibberish...
  7. Waking up Windows when USB is plugged-in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Waking up Windows when USB is plugged-in: Waking up Windows when USB is plugged in [TL;DR: Can’t wake computer using mouse, keyboard on Wake on Power/AC, tried with Task Scheduler reacting to USB plug-in event, didn’t wake up even though it ran the task] Hello, I have a Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro that I frequently use...
  8. Is it possible to prevent a usb mouse from waking up my laptop in Windows 10?

Is it possible to prevent a usb mouse from waking up my laptop in Windows 10?: Hi, I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop, normally I use it on my desk plugged in, with my mouse plugged into it via a USB C to USB A hub. My mouse is pretty sensitive which means that if I close my laptop and leave it, sometimes even a loud sound can move my mouse enough to wake up...
  9. File Explorer hanging when waking a drive - normal?

File Explorer hanging when waking a drive - normal?: So, when I access an ext drive connected via USB, file explorer will randomly lock, is this normal? The PC is unresponsive for up to 3 or 4 seconds. It's not the only time it hangs but it is always when file explorer is trying to do something. save a file, open a file, etc....
  10. Computer hangs on Lenovo logo when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer hangs on Lenovo logo when waking up from sleep: Hello everyone, Sometimes my computer does not wake up from sleep after I have the lid closed for a while. My screen turns on but my computer just shows the Lenovo logo and does nothing, see attached photo. 20170918_233913.jpg Normal startup goes to this screen and after...