Windows 10: HELP!!! Possible to reset built-in Administrator Password?

Discus and support HELP!!! Possible to reset built-in Administrator Password? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've Dell latitude 3330 which is connected to school domain. Before i disconnected from school domain i created user name- Admin but forgot to set it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by freexwin, Feb 11, 2016.

1. freexwin Win User

HELP!!! Possible to reset built-in Administrator Password?

I've Dell latitude 3330 which is connected to school domain. Before i disconnected from school domain i created user name- Admin but forgot to set it in Administrator. I'm now in Standard User instead of Administrator. But some how Built-in Administrator account is enable but i don't know the password of Built-in Administrator account. Is that possible to reset Built-in Administrator password?

:)

freexwin, Feb 11, 2016
  2. lynnmay10 Win User

Help in deleting built-in administrator account in Windows 10

I am having the same problem

My Acer S3 is crashing multiple times very day with a blue screen error - Windows 10 definitely not doing it for me - I have also spent hours trying to sort out drivers on another persons laptop who went past the 30 days to be able to roll back

I want to roll back asap - I believe my 30 days will be up in 2 days - I have tried multiple sites to get support to no avail - the instructions just haven't worked

I

lynnmay10, Feb 11, 2016
  3. Lacertas Win User
    Help in deleting built-in administrator account in Windows 10

Sorry, I thought it would expand

It says:

"Before you can go back to a previous version of Windows, you'll need to remove any user accounts you added after your most recent upgrade. The accounts need to be removed, including their profiles.

You created one account (Administrator)

Go to Settings > Accounts Other users to remove these accounts, and then try again."

Of course, when I tried to follow this advice, the built in administrator account is nowhere to be found (as it was disabled).

I also know about the way to confirm this using Run>lusrmgr.msc that the administrator account was indeed disabled.

Thank you, again, for your time and patience

Lacertas, Feb 11, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

You can check the status of your Administrator account as follows:

Open an elevated Command Prompt and type: net user Administrator

HELP!!! Possible to reset built-in Administrator Password? [​IMG]

philc43, Feb 14, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    By default, the built-in Admin Account has NO password, unless whoever enabled it created a password.
    If nobody created a password for the Admin Account, then in the sign in screen, all you have to do is to press Enter key and you will be in.
    See if that applies to you.
    If you get in to the built-in Admin account, use it to change you standard user account to administrator account.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HELP!!! Possible to reset built-in Administrator Password? - Similar Threads - HELP Possible reset

2. Reset my Administrator password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset my Administrator password: "To continue enter an admin user name and password."I have forgotten my original administrator password...? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-my-administrator-password/96055a9e-05cb-4bc8-a35d-ebcdff76c462
  3. Password Policy / Built in Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password Policy / Built in Administrator: My PC was set up by somebody I can no longer contact. It does not have an Administrator account, just user administrators. To recreate some missing dll files I need to run System File Checker, sfc but to do this it must be run from an Administrator account. So - I need to...
  4. ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD RESET

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD RESET: I HAVE FORGOTTEN MY ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD FOR WINDOWS 10. HOW CAN I FIND IT OR RESETT IT PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-password-reset/747cd9d6-0413-4a7c-b88b-1b93e16c55c3
  5. reset administrator password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    reset administrator password: hi! im currently using my brother’s laptop. i need to update a software that requires the admin password. however, he forgot the password. how do i reset it? i cant log in the admin acc :...
  6. reset administrator password

reset administrator password: Hi, I forgot the administrator password how can you help me, please Thanks Noor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-administrator-password/faefd243-0f18-4e1d-9da6-1b6554ce5e30"
  7. Built In Administrator Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Built In Administrator Password: Updated to Windows 10 latest update. I have no CLUE in how to find my Built In Administrator Password. I've spent all week hrs upon hrs. trying to find files that might have it or even a hint. I'm completely LOST and not a computer programmer. I can't do this, too much...
  8. reset administrator password without current administrator password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset administrator password without current administrator password: I have looked at the posted Q&A related to resetting administrator password and followed the advice provided in an attempt to solve my problem but without a solution for my issue. When the password was created I was unaware of the ability to recover a password using a form...
  9. Reset Administrator Password

Reset Administrator Password: How do I reset my forgotten administrator password on my pc when I have password protect blocking me from doing anything to make changes to other user accounts?...
  10. Built-in administrator account reset its password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Built-in administrator account reset its password: Hello! I have an unusual problem, which has caused me to not have admin access on my own computer. Recently, I noticed that my personal account did not have full privileges on my computer despite it being the only account on it. I activated the built-in admin account with...