Windows 10: Help: prevent sleep when using an app & run script on program start

Discus and support Help: prevent sleep when using an app & run script on program start in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I would like to prevent my laptop from entering sleep mode when running a certain desktop application (Dopamine, a mp3 player). Playing music through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/olivierhacking, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Help: prevent sleep when using an app & run script on program start

1. I would like to prevent my laptop from entering sleep mode when running a certain desktop application (Dopamine, a mp3 player). Playing music through Spotify prevents sleep, but the laptop sleeps while playing from Dopamine...
    2. I would like to create a simple script to press Alt+2 when I start a program (Steam). Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks! =)

submitted by /u/olivierhacking
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/olivierhacking, Dec 8, 2019

2. Unwanted Apps in Start, Need help with script

Hi Denis

Thanks for the Suggestion, but only if it were that easy...There is no such option as you can see by the image below.

Help: prevent sleep when using an app & run script on program start [​IMG]

MrWhispers, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Helmut Win User
    Unwanted Apps in Start, Need help with script

All I do is uninstall as you show, and that deletes the icon in All Programs list & the Start Tile, don't see your problem.
    All those you have listed that is all I have ever done. None are now in the All Programs list.

There is no right click to Open program locations with these UWP/Apps.

You have to do a lot of updating of UWP or Apps after the 1803 update.
    I would ensure everything is updated including MS Store before doing the uninstalls.

I don't run any scripts at all. Very few of these re-appear after one of those 6 monthly version updates.

I don't see the point in making a meal out of a 1 minute job.

Helmut, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Help: prevent sleep when using an app & run script on program start

Unwanted Apps in Start, Need help with script

The whole purpose of this is to complete a unfinished script I have set in place already that I'm using which works well without any integrity violations...but

The point is that I'm trying to come up with a simple script addition, that automates this such described manual 1-minute job, and to turn that in to a 1-second script...

In the original post I explain that I have a script that removes everything pre-installed already except for these few unwanted items which are left behind listed as tiles on start.

The only pre-installed apps I have included to stay in my current script i'm working on are listed in my photo below, but the problem still remains as I have unwanted tiles listed in start I would like remove via a script so that could be included in the final one I'm working on.

MrWhispers, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Help: prevent sleep when using an app & run script on program start

1. Help: prevent sleep when using an app & run script on program start - Similar Threads - Help prevent sleep

2. How to run a program automatically when another program starts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to run a program automatically when another program starts?: Hi I have a .exe which I want to be run automatically when I manually run another program I play League of Legends and I want to prevent myself from typing (helps me improve my mood), so I have an Autohotkey script which basically disables my Enter key when I'm in-game. I...
  3. Prevent sleep when the store is downloading?

Prevent sleep when the store is downloading?: Hello, I often download games from the Gamepass, and I'd like my system to download them fully before going into sleep. Is there a way to prevent system shutdown when the Store is downloading an app? Please note: I don't want to entirely disable sleep, I just want the...
  4. Run script/program before login of user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run script/program before login of user: I want to run a script or a program before logging in to any user account in windows 10. equivalent to rc.local in Linux. i have tested Task Scheduler, want to know any other solution to this ?...
  5. Remote Desktop is preventing program runs

Remote Desktop is preventing program runs: Hello, I have a computer setup where users remotely connect from their windows 10 device to another windows 10 device to run a testing program. originally the remote computers were windows 7. Users were able to start a test run and lock their local computer and the remote...
  6. Notify users when there are apps preventing computer into sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Notify users when there are apps preventing computer into sleep: Close the lip to sleep is a convenient feature only if it behaves well every time, otherwise you will have a low-battery computer next time you open the lid. Sometimes apps may request to prevent computer into sleep (as can be checked in CMD with "powercfg -requests"). in...
  7. Programs that are supposed to run when my computer is started.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs that are supposed to run when my computer is started.: When I start my computer, two of my favorite programs no longer start. Why has this happened and how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-that-are-supposed-to-run-when-my-computer/72930fac-9d6e-45be-996a-1d4722782670
  8. Programs won't start when trying to run as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs won't start when trying to run as administrator: Hello. I have run into an interesting issue. User needs an application installed from Software Center (SCCM package is ok, since I have done this 10 times already without any issues) User is signed in and this software in questions needs to be installed by administrator....
  9. Trying to run Powershell script to install a program but it doesnt start the installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to run Powershell script to install a program but it doesnt start the installation: Hi Team, I have written a powershell script to run the installation in a remote machine. However the installation seems to be running in task manager on remote machine but it is not happening or progressing. Can you help me here?...
  10. Unwanted Apps in Start, Need help with script

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted Apps in Start, Need help with script: I Created a few scripts that removes all bloat preinstalled and unpins everything, but some items remain... .Having trouble to create a script that will "uninstall / unpin" the following apps listed below from start Candy Crush Soda Saga Disney Magic Kingdoms Bubble Witch...