Windows 10: HELP - previous laptop owner stll "alive and well" in file structure!

Discus and support HELP - previous laptop owner stll "alive and well" in file structure! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I hope you can help me. I have early Alzheimer's Disease and unfortunately, my IT knowledge and abilities are waning today. My father... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PGMalone, Dec 13, 2018.

1. PGMalone Win User

HELP - previous laptop owner stll "alive and well" in file structure!

Hi,

I hope you can help me. I have early Alzheimer's Disease and unfortunately, my IT knowledge and abilities are waning today.

My father purchased a refurbished HP Notebook PC. After using it for months, he needed to run a system restore. At that time I discovered his email account is intermingled with the previous owner! In other words I discovered addresses like this:

\\PETER-PC\Users\Kozak\AppData\Local\Microsoft

My father is Peter. We do not know who KOZAK is but his name is all over the file structure of this computer. My father hopes I will find a way to dissect his email and docs, etc. from "KOZAK - land".

I appreciate and all information, guidance, or even advice you can provide.

A Very Blessed and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Diane E. Malone

:)

PGMalone, Dec 13, 2018
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Beven Win User
    Critical Structure Corruption Windows 10

I keep getting this error "Critical Structure Corruption" and can't seem to fix it.

It happens while I am busy on my laptop. Here are some of the steps I have tried so far to resolve this with no success.

1. Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic = no problems so RAM looks good.
    2. Check The CPU with Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool = PASS all
    3. Drivers update, I used driver booster and did need to update 18 drivers but was able to update with no issues.
    4. Update software and drivers, well it was suggested that I update BlueStacks but the update failed, bluestacks mentioned that it might be an issue so as I do not use the tool I uninstalled the software altogether.
    5. Updated Windows, this I do regularly and automatically so no big updates were missed.
    6. Defragged the machine - system is optimized
    7. Ran anti-virus check and all's good
    8. Ran CCleaner

Now I might mention I'm not a super user, but I'm able to follow suggestions quite well.

Any help will be appreciated.

Screenshot:

HELP - previous laptop owner stll "alive and well" in file structure! GD27Q.jpg

Beven, Dec 13, 2018
  4. HELP - previous laptop owner stll "alive and well" in file structure!

Refurbished laptop still shows previous owner's xbox identity

I have a refurbished laptop that still shows the previous owner's xbox identity even though I have signed into my own account. Example: * I am not RobustCeiling55!

ChicoryGirl4, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

HELP - previous laptop owner stll "alive and well" in file structure!

1. HELP - previous laptop owner stll "alive and well" in file structure! - Similar Threads - HELP previous laptop

2. Remove previous owner's Microsoft account from Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove previous owner's Microsoft account from Dell laptop: I was given a Dell laptop, the previous owner is now back in the US, I am in Thailand.When I go to Settings - Accounts his name comes up under 'Administrator'I am logged in with my Microsoft account.How do I remove him as the Administrator ?Thanks in advance.........
  3. Remove previous owner's Microsoft account from Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove previous owner's Microsoft account from Dell laptop: I was given a Dell laptop, the previous owner is now back in the US, I am in Thailand.When I go to Settings - Accounts his name comes up under 'Administrator'I am logged in with my Microsoft account.How do I remove him as the Administrator ?Thanks in advance.........
  4. File Explorer- Deleting all the previous owners info !!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer- Deleting all the previous owners info !!!!: Ok .... last resort, I purchased my laptop from a pawn shop about maybe 2 months ago , so far I am LOVING it !!!! Only problem is the old owner's files & such are still saved & are taking up quite a bit of space now, I did manage to get all the administrator stuff switched...
  5. File Explorer- Deleting all the previous owners info !!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer- Deleting all the previous owners info !!!!: Ok .... last resort, I purchased my laptop from a pawn shop about maybe 2 months ago , so far I am LOVING it !!!! Only problem is the old owner's files & such are still saved & are taking up quite a bit of space now, I did manage to get all the administrator stuff switched...
  6. Help with User data folder left from previous laptop owner

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help with User data folder left from previous laptop owner: Hi I hope someone can help me .. I had a laptop, on which the main SSD drive died...for reasons I cannot go into we needed to replace the laptop shell with a used one.. and then just add new SSD disk. We had the replacment drive fitted by professional, it was supposed to be...
  7. Help with User data folder left from previous laptop owner

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with User data folder left from previous laptop owner: Hi I hope someone can help me .. I had a laptop, on which the main SSD drive died...for reasons I cannot go into we needed to replace the laptop shell with a used one.. and then just add new SSD disk. We had the replacment drive fitted by professional, it was supposed to be...
  8. software previous owner of my laptop created some password protected system files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    software previous owner of my laptop created some password protected system files: previous owner of my laptop created some password protected system files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-previous-owner-of-my-laptop-created-some/c8c75b62-6e28-4af9-a55e-90748b6f02c1
  9. Delta Sync alive and well July 1, 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Delta Sync alive and well July 1, 2016: Oh my! I can see Microsoft used another strong arm tactic to try and move everyone to Windows 10! They rule the technology world when it comes to operating systems but these tactics since Windows 10 was released should land them several class action suits. (I'm sure they were...
  10. How to Keep Laptop Battery Alive and Well

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Keep Laptop Battery Alive and Well: I've read the Windows 10 tutorial on battery saver, but it doesn't seem to address what I need to know. Neither do the various threads on same. I need to know if this particular "battery saver" will preserve my battery if I leave it plugged into the wall socket 90% of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore a copy of alive and well