Windows 10: Help: Print Spooler won't start after upgrading from windows 7

Discus and support Help: Print Spooler won't start after upgrading from windows 7 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear all, I'm stuck with my print spooler that doesn't want to start. It was working fine before the upgrade. I get the following message when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oz457, Aug 11, 2015.

1. oz457 Win User

Help: Print Spooler won't start after upgrading from windows 7

Dear all,

I'm stuck with my print spooler that doesn't want to start. It was working fine before the upgrade.
    I get the following message when going to the "view services on local computer"
    Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer.
    Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect.

I get the following message in the event viewer:
    The Print Spooler service terminated with the following error:
    One or more arguments are invalid

In the details view I see the following info:- EventData param1 Print Spooler param2 %%2147942487
    530070006F006F006C00650072000000
    Binary data:

In Words

0000: 00700053 006F006F 0065006C 00000072

In Bytes

0000: 53 00 70 00 6F 00 6F 00 S.p.o.o.
    0008: 6C 00 65 00 72 00 00 00 l.e.r...

I have checked the following registry entry as described in [FIX] Windows Could Not Start The Print Spooler Service
    This didn't help.
    Anybody has any idea how to make the print spooler service work?

Thanks for any help.

:)

oz457, Aug 11, 2015
  2. eVollo Win User

Windows 10 and print spooler problums

I have a similar problem after upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Cannot start the print spooler. Have delete all files in the print spooler. Have run the troubleshooter. Have disabled antivirus. Same problem whether print spooler is set to
    automatic or manual. Error: "Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on the local computer. Errror 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

eVollo, Aug 11, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Cant delete the PDF folders from C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS

You are probably getting this error as the print spooler is still running . . .

Open a Command Prompt as Administrator (Windows + X Keys together and select Command Prompt (admin) from menu)

Run each of these commands and press enter after each one:

net stop spooler

del %systemroot%\System32\spool\printers\* /Q /F /S

net start spooler

That should delete all documents from your print spoolers (queues)

As to why this is happening, there are a lot of reasons, a bad print driver, a Windows error, if you upgraded from Windows 7 or 8 there may be remnants of old print drivers left

I Hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Joergi, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Help: Print Spooler won't start after upgrading from windows 7 - Similar Threads - Help Print Spooler

2. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically: So my print spooler service is not running or starting automatically but when i checked i directly don't have t*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  3. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically: So my print spooler service is not running or starting automatically but when i checked i directly don't have t*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  4. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. After windows 10 update, Error 1068, Print Spooler won't start.

After windows 10 update, Error 1068, Print Spooler won't start.: After Windows 10 large update, I found my printer not available. Drivers were there but uninstalled, reinstalled HP printer. No luck. Tracked problem to the Print Spooler. I can't start it. When I try I get this error. > "Windows could not start print spooler on...
  6. Print Spooler Not Working After Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Print Spooler Not Working After Windows 10 Upgrade: I recently updated a few computers at work to Windows 10 Pro (from Windows 7 Pro) via the media creation tool. I kept all apps and documents in place, hoping it would work okay, but I've run into problems with printing on every machine. At first I thought it was just the...
  7. Missing Printers and Print Spooler issues after Windows 10 update from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Printers and Print Spooler issues after Windows 10 update from Windows 7: Because of the need to update from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I installed the Windows 10 1903 version from a USB stick a few days ago. After the installation was finished, I noticed there were no installed printers (I had almost 10 printers and PDF printers installed on Windows...
  8. Print spooler won't stay automatic start

Print spooler won't stay automatic start: After the last Windows update my print spooler is not working, therefore unable to print adobe documents. Tried reinstalling the HP Office Jet 4652 but only worked for 1 day as the default printer and now states install a printer. I am a novice so the regedit is scary. Is...
  9. print spooler not starting on windows 10

print spooler not starting on windows 10: It started with Microsoft PDF was not working due to 0x800706ba error (win 10). I found several options, one of them is to remove and re-install. Hoped that will be the end of it. After removing it, could not reinstall it, so followed another post to check on print spooler,...
  10. Print Spooler not clearing after printing

Print Spooler not clearing after printing: My print spooler is not clearing after printing so the next time I try to print something else, it's just printing out the same thing again. Any ideas?...