Windows 10: Help: Print Spooler won't start after upgrading from windows 7

Discus and support Help: Print Spooler won't start after upgrading from windows 7 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear all, I'm stuck with my print spooler that doesn't want to start. It was working fine before the upgrade. I get the following message when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oz457, Aug 11, 2015.

1. oz457 Win User

Help: Print Spooler won't start after upgrading from windows 7

Dear all,

I'm stuck with my print spooler that doesn't want to start. It was working fine before the upgrade.
    I get the following message when going to the "view services on local computer"
    Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer.
    Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect.

I get the following message in the event viewer:
    The Print Spooler service terminated with the following error:
    One or more arguments are invalid

In the details view I see the following info:- EventData param1 Print Spooler param2 %%2147942487
    530070006F006F006C00650072000000
    Binary data:

In Words

0000: 00700053 006F006F 0065006C 00000072

In Bytes

0000: 53 00 70 00 6F 00 6F 00 S.p.o.o.
    0008: 6C 00 65 00 72 00 00 00 l.e.r...

I have checked the following registry entry as described in [FIX] Windows Could Not Start The Print Spooler Service
    This didn't help.
    Anybody has any idea how to make the print spooler service work?

Thanks for any help.

:)

oz457, Aug 11, 2015
  2. eVollo Win User

Windows 10 and print spooler problums

I have a similar problem after upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Cannot start the print spooler. Have delete all files in the print spooler. Have run the troubleshooter. Have disabled antivirus. Same problem whether print spooler is set to
    automatic or manual. Error: "Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on the local computer. Errror 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

eVollo, Aug 11, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Cant delete the PDF folders from C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS

You are probably getting this error as the print spooler is still running . . .

Open a Command Prompt as Administrator (Windows + X Keys together and select Command Prompt (admin) from menu)

Run each of these commands and press enter after each one:

net stop spooler

del %systemroot%\System32\spool\printers\* /Q /F /S

net start spooler

That should delete all documents from your print spoolers (queues)

As to why this is happening, there are a lot of reasons, a bad print driver, a Windows error, if you upgraded from Windows 7 or 8 there may be remnants of old print drivers left

I Hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Joergi, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Help: Print Spooler won't start after upgrading from windows 7 - Similar Threads - Help Print Spooler

2. Print driver Conflict With Print Spooler

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print driver Conflict With Print Spooler: After the March 1, 2019 updates to Windows 10 my printer driver is in conflict with the print spooler, at least I think that is what I think is happening. I have uninstalled my printer and tried to reinstall it but Windows will not install the driver due to a conflict. What...
  3. print spooler not starting on windows 10

print spooler not starting on windows 10: It started with Microsoft PDF was not working due to 0x800706ba error (win 10). I found several options, one of them is to remove and re-install. Hoped that will be the end of it. After removing it, could not reinstall it, so followed another post to check on print spooler,...
  4. Print Spooler Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Print Spooler Problems: The print spooler keeps crashing. If I try to print I get the error 0x00006ba. This happens with the locally installed printer or any of the shared printers on the network. I have stopped and restarted the spooler, verified that there are not print files waiting to be...
  5. Print Spooler crashing after Windows update

Print Spooler crashing after Windows update: A month ago my computer installed a routine Windows Update upon shut down. When I started up the next morning I couldn't print, getting an error saying I needed to install a printer to be able to print. When I clicked on the network printer I wanted to install I got another...
  6. Print Spooler Restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print Spooler Restart: I am trying to install a printer. During the setup the installer stops the Print Spooler service and when it goes to restart the service, the service gets stuck on starting. When I cancel the installation the service goes back to operating normally... I've had the printer...
  7. Problem with print spooler

Problem with print spooler: I have an HP Officejet 8720 and run Windows 10. I met this problem with a print spooler after two last Windows updates. It keeps filling and occasionally takes up over 2GB in the Task Manager. I don’t print so much so it is an issue that I need to fix. I tried to delete and...
  8. Print Spooler not clearing after printing

Print Spooler not clearing after printing: My print spooler is not clearing after printing so the next time I try to print something else, it's just printing out the same thing again. Any ideas?...
  9. print spooler

print spooler: after each update you make mess in my PC or lets say ...no printer works always say that print spooler does not work than I go to services and found print spooler, open it and press START.... in about 10 sec. just by it self jumps in STOPPED --or let say simples , he...
  10. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: My update to Windows 10 from Windows 7 went without problems but none of the three printers attached to my computer worked and I have been struggling with the problem over the last two weeks. There is another long thread "Can't connect to Printer" which has not produced a...