Windows 10: HELP: Programs keeps running on startup even if its disabled.

Discus and support HELP: Programs keeps running on startup even if its disabled. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The programs that I have seen running on startup even if disabled are spotify, steam, and microsoft teams. I don't know if this is related but some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/st-2000, Jan 3, 2021.

1. HELP: Programs keeps running on startup even if its disabled.

The programs that I have seen running on startup even if disabled are spotify, steam, and microsoft teams.

I don't know if this is related but some programs such as ms teams disappeared from the startup management tab on the task manager.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

submitted by /u/st-2000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/st-2000, Jan 3, 2021

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 3, 2021
  3. windows10 ,laptop question regarding disableing security software at boot

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

You can disable the startup programs so that it will not start up when you turn the system on.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Run.

• Type msconfig. Click OK.

• Click on Startup. Click on Open Task Manager.

• Select the program and click on Disable.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 3, 2021
  4. catstone Win User

HELP: Programs keeps running on startup even if its disabled.

Slow Startup

see if my words helps...skip the steps that u already tried.
    1. check the start-up items. Run the command of "msconfig" , check the "start up" page(i am not sure of the precise name of this page,coz.i am using chinese version of windows). diable ALL the items listed. save the setting and restart.
    2. check the free space of each partition of harddisk. make sure that each partition has a free space of more than 1 gb( higher ,better).
    3. check the list of installed programs, through the control panel. uninstall those seldom used
    4. it might be unkown comflict of softwares. keep your system as clean as possible. for example, you can disable your antivirus, then restart to see if it is faster
    5. it might be fragments. defrag all partitions.
    6. manage the services of your system. right click "my computer",click "manage(G)", in the window below, the third level-1 menu is "service and applications". disable unecessary auto startup services.
    7. up to repend~~

catstone, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

HELP: Programs keeps running on startup even if its disabled.

1. HELP: Programs keeps running on startup even if its disabled. - Similar Threads - HELP Programs keeps

2. Windows 10 keeps disabling startup programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps disabling startup programs: My computer has stopped loading some apps upon startup. If I enter the Startup menu from Task Manager and enable the apps of interest, then reboot,they will not auto start. If I check the Startup menu again, I typically find that one has been disabled. The other is enabled,...
  3. Windows 10 keeps disabling startup programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps disabling startup programs: My computer has stopped loading some apps upon startup. If I enter the Startup menu from Task Manager and enable the apps of interest, then reboot,they will not auto start. If I check the Startup menu again, I typically find that one has been disabled. The other is enabled,...
  4. Windows 10 keeps disabling startup programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Run a program at startup

Run a program at startup: Greetings, I already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I would like to have a command script (.cmd) run automatically, making sure: 1. The program doesn't start until the user logs in 2. The program doesn't start for other users I thought I could use this startup...
  6. Windows keeps disabling startup programs..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps disabling startup programs..: Hey, so I have this problem where Windows decides to disable startup programs all by itself. I usually have a few programs that open on startup. The programs in question are Steam, Discord and OneDrive. For some reason every now and then I will boot my PC and those three...
  7. Powershell keeps opening at startup even though it is disabled in settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Powershell keeps opening at startup even though it is disabled in settings: I have set it to disabled in the startup window, but it still keeps opening up every time I start up my computer. I am running Windows 10....
  8. Mysterious Programs Running at Startup

Mysterious Programs Running at Startup: I sporadically get unexpected "need to update" warnings from various programs. Right now, the laptop on which I'm typing this message gave a warning, after waking up from hibernation, from "Auslogics Driver Updater" asserting that several drivers need updating. I don't see...
  9. Apps keep running in the background, even when disabled in "Privacy"

Apps keep running in the background, even when disabled in "Privacy": Some of my windows apps are running in the background even when i have disabled everyone of them in Privacy/Background Apps settings... They just start up randomly, at the same tame (as far as I know) I tried turning them on and off just to check if maybe it didn't save or...
  10. Startup Program help

Startup Program help: So I was just checking my task manager and i saw this in there. [img] I seen this before on my old computer's but never actually gave any thought to it until now. What i'm asking is could anyone tell me if there's a way to find it's file location or is it something from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i disabled startup programs and still opening

2. programs keeps openning on startup even when disabled