Windows 10: Help! Random desktop scrollbar appeared

Discus and support Help! Random desktop scrollbar appeared in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, After last night my icons were suddenly arranged as if in list mode (as if you had clicked ctrl+alt+6 on the desktop) now that its been put back,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Partzzz, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Partzzz Win User

Help! Random desktop scrollbar appeared

Hi,
    After last night my icons were suddenly arranged as if in list mode (as if you had clicked ctrl+alt+6 on the desktop)
    now that its been put back, then this random scrollbar has appeared to the right and i cannot seem to get rid of it, please help !

Help! Random desktop scrollbar appeared [​IMG]

Cheers,
    Patrick

:)

Partzzz, Nov 25, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

change Windows 10 scrollbar color?

Hi KS-HTK, that can be done in the registry

Click your Start Button, type regedit and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor

Naviagte to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors

On the right, double click and change the value of Scrollbar (Default value: 200 200 200)

Naviagte to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\Colors

On the right, double click and change the value of Scrollbar (Default value: 212 208 200)

To make the scrollbar thicker, naviagte to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics

On the right, double click and change the value of ScrollWidth (Default value: -255)

DaveM121, Nov 25, 2015
  3. When will the scrollbar work in Edge? I saw complaints back from the edge beta forum... wouldn't that indicate a needed repair before it's public release?!

Hello Sudharshan! The problem with the disapearing scrollbar happens in many websites but always on Microsoft web pages. It isn't just my computer as it was originally chased by a Windows 10 beta tester who stated up to and at the end of

the testing period that Windows 10 and Edge were going to release the next day with the scrollbar issue he reported still ignored.

Also just as the beta tester states, if one moves the mouse back and forth across where it should be, the scrollbar re-appears for a moment but disappears again soon.

I also experience a disapearing scrollbar like he describes in the Windows 10 start menu, only when I click "All Apps" and try to scroll down through them. However, the scrollbar to the right, the categorized or my favorite tiles to the side upon opening
    the start menu always has a solid working scrollbar.

SpacelySprokets, Nov 25, 2015
Thema:

Help! Random desktop scrollbar appeared

1. Help! Random desktop scrollbar appeared - Similar Threads - Help Random desktop

2. Multiple shortcuts and files randomly appear on desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple shortcuts and files randomly appear on desktops: I am experiencing a random issue in my environment where a user will login and their desktop will get populated with shortcuts and files that do not belong to them. Usually they are shortcuts that are pointing to folders in other departments which they would have no rights...
  3. Multiple shortcuts and files randomly appear on desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple shortcuts and files randomly appear on desktops: I am experiencing a random issue in my environment where a user will login and their desktop will get populated with shortcuts and files that do not belong to them. Usually they are shortcuts that are pointing to folders in other departments which they would have no rights...
  4. Multiple shortcuts and files randomly appear on desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Random icon appeared on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random icon appeared on desktop: While downloading files that might have contained malware, I noticed a screencast o' matic logo popping up on my desktop. It disappeared after a few seconds. Is it possible that someone hacked into my computer? How can I delete the program? submitted by /u/t_wolff [link]...
  6. Scrollbar

Scrollbar: Can anyone solve this for me? I'm seeing a vertical scrollbar on everything I've even noticed it on CMD. I haven't messed with my graphics settings and can't say when this first started. submitted by /u/Skinnykins8 [link] [comments]...
  7. Two random folders appeared on my desktop

Two random folders appeared on my desktop: The folders are named views and options I dont think its a virus or anything but if anyone knows what it is and why it randomly appeared on my desktop please tell me submitted by /u/Atomiks24 [link] [comments]...
  8. How do I delete desktop scrollbars

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I delete desktop scrollbars: I'm using multiple monitors laptop ans desktop screen. On my desktop screen no apps or files open there are 2 scroll bars; one on left side and one across the bottom. They are covering up my task bar and action center. How do I make these go away?...
  9. Strange empty folder randomly appears on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange empty folder randomly appears on desktop: Hi folks - I sometimes look at my main production system and notice that every so often this folder appears on my desktop: [img] The solution is to delete the empty folder, but I sense that since the title is in hex, it might be from the registry. Seems encrypted. Has...
  10. MS OneNote 2010 - Random appearances on desktop

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS OneNote 2010 - Random appearances on desktop: Hello all. Just lately I am getting completely random appearances on my desktop of the Microsoft OneNote program. I booted up today and there it was on my desktop. I was away and the screensaver had kicked in. (MS Onenote 2010) Seems to appear for no apparent reason....