Windows 10: Help! Random desktop scrollbar appeared

Discus and support Help! Random desktop scrollbar appeared in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, After last night my icons were suddenly arranged as if in list mode (as if you had clicked ctrl+alt+6 on the desktop) now that its been put back,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Partzzz, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Partzzz Win User

Help! Random desktop scrollbar appeared

Hi,
    After last night my icons were suddenly arranged as if in list mode (as if you had clicked ctrl+alt+6 on the desktop)
    now that its been put back, then this random scrollbar has appeared to the right and i cannot seem to get rid of it, please help !

Help! Random desktop scrollbar appeared [​IMG]

Cheers,
    Patrick

:)

Partzzz, Nov 25, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

change Windows 10 scrollbar color?

Hi KS-HTK, that can be done in the registry

Click your Start Button, type regedit and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor

Naviagte to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors

On the right, double click and change the value of Scrollbar (Default value: 200 200 200)

Naviagte to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\Colors

On the right, double click and change the value of Scrollbar (Default value: 212 208 200)

To make the scrollbar thicker, naviagte to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics

On the right, double click and change the value of ScrollWidth (Default value: -255)

DaveM121, Nov 25, 2015
  3. When will the scrollbar work in Edge? I saw complaints back from the edge beta forum... wouldn't that indicate a needed repair before it's public release?!

Hello Sudharshan! The problem with the disapearing scrollbar happens in many websites but always on Microsoft web pages. It isn't just my computer as it was originally chased by a Windows 10 beta tester who stated up to and at the end of

the testing period that Windows 10 and Edge were going to release the next day with the scrollbar issue he reported still ignored.

Also just as the beta tester states, if one moves the mouse back and forth across where it should be, the scrollbar re-appears for a moment but disappears again soon.

I also experience a disapearing scrollbar like he describes in the Windows 10 start menu, only when I click "All Apps" and try to scroll down through them. However, the scrollbar to the right, the categorized or my favorite tiles to the side upon opening
    the start menu always has a solid working scrollbar.

SpacelySprokets, Nov 25, 2015
Thema:

Help! Random desktop scrollbar appeared

1. Help! Random desktop scrollbar appeared - Similar Threads - Help Random desktop

2. "Desktop" icon not appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Desktop" icon not appearing: Hello, I helped a user take his Desktop and change the location to his one drive, which promplty migrated the files to his onedrive no problem. The issue is, we didnt set up a Desktop folder on the onedrive first so, all the files are just listed in the base directory. Now...
  3. Error Message Appearing at Random

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error Message Appearing at Random: Ever since the last Windows 10 update, I continuously get an error message popping up randomly throughout the day. It doesn't matter if I close it. It will pop up even if I have nothing running. With error messages I can usually figure out what the problem is. With this one,...
  4. Scrollbar issuees...

Scrollbar issuees...: I asked this question before, but have new info. I have an Alienware 17r5, all drivers are up to date and bios is too. The problem is that the Scrollbar auto scrolls up or down after a few clicks of the applicable arrow (up/down). This occurs in any window, whether its Edge,...
  5. Want more info on randomly appearing desktop photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Want more info on randomly appearing desktop photos: In my search for a forum addressing this, I only found people wanting to be rid of the pics. I don't want to get rid of them; I just want to know where the pics were taken. I cannot right click on them for info because they're in my locked screen. Once I unlock it with my...
  6. Desktop appears and then is gone

Desktop appears and then is gone: I have a problem with my laptop. Suddenly my desktop won't appear. When I sign on it shows up and then another screen takes it's place. On the left there are a few icons for pinned tiles, all apps, then farther down is change account settings, pictures, settings, and power....
  7. Windows 10 Desktop Customization: Scrollbar Sizing - Width

Windows 10 Desktop Customization: Scrollbar Sizing - Width: Is there anyway that a wider scrollbar can be achieved on open and active, or otherwise, windows in applications or browsers principally with all the screen real estate of a 16:9 monitor? Thanks in advance 79815
  8. MS OneNote 2010 - Random appearances on desktop

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS OneNote 2010 - Random appearances on desktop: Hello all. Just lately I am getting completely random appearances on my desktop of the Microsoft OneNote program. I booted up today and there it was on my desktop. I was away and the screensaver had kicked in. (MS Onenote 2010) Seems to appear for no apparent reason....
  9. Auto hide scrollbars

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto hide scrollbars: How to stop scrollbars from hiding? 99184
  10. Hide powershell scrollbar.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide powershell scrollbar.: Hello ! I scroll in my powershell using either sihft + arrow keys of pgup and pgdown. How can I disable the scrollbar ? I don't need it. 22940