Windows 10: Help reading logs for specific failure point please. Update to 21H1 failed repeatedly, logs...

Discus and support Help reading logs for specific failure point please. Update to 21H1 failed repeatedly, logs... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,I decided to dive into the windows updates to get my device up-to-date and secure again.Apparantly that meant disabling and removing software,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Matmans, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Matmans Win User

Help reading logs for specific failure point please. Update to 21H1 failed repeatedly, logs...

Hi,I decided to dive into the windows updates to get my device up-to-date and secure again.Apparantly that meant disabling and removing software, features, hardware and antivirus.My notebook updated happily to 21H1 without removing anything but hey... what choice is there...I'm close to giving up on updating and simply going for a clean install but my stubborn side finds it ridiculous and holds a firm belief there must be a way...If not, what's stopping this BS from re-occuring after re-install?Mega log files tell everything except clearly at least to me why the update keeps rolling back aft

:)

Matmans, Jul 16, 2021
  2. LenBerk Win User

The automatic Win 10 November update has failed four times. What log file records the point of failure?

The automatic Win 10 November update has failed four times.

What log file records the point of failure?

LenBerk, Jul 16, 2021
  3. Error Log Reading

Hi ankurshaswat.

Sorry I can't tell from logs but all data appears to be very old. Like September. Here is a list of quick fixes that can help from an MS article.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/win...dy_UpgradeTips
    Quick fixes The following steps can resolve many Windows upgrade problems.

• Remove nonessential external hardware, such as docks and USB devices.
    • Check all hard drives for errors and attempt repairs. To automatically repair hard drives, open an elevated command prompt, switch to the drive you wish to repair, and type the following command. You will be required to reboot the computer if the hard drive being repaired is also the system drive.
      • chkdsk /F
    • Attempt to restore and repair system files by typing the following commands at an elevated command prompt. It may take several minutes for the command operations to be completed. For more information, see Repair a Windows Image.
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
    • Update Windows so that all available recommended updates are installed, and ensure the computer is rebooted if this is necessary to complete installation of an update.
    • Uninstall non-Microsoft antivirus software.
      • Use Windows Defender for protection during the upgrade.
      • Verify compatibility information and re-install antivirus applications after the upgrade.
    • Uninstall all nonessential software.
    • Update firmware and drivers.
    • Ensure that "Download and install updates (recommended)" is accepted at the start of the upgrade process.
    • Verify at least 16 GB of free space is available to upgrade a 32-bit OS, or 20 GB for a 64-bit OS.

Once you done all of the above could I suggest you follow this tutorial to install the upgrade. While non destructive I would recommend backing up all data off device.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Then repost the logs please.

Caledon Ken, Jul 16, 2021
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Help reading logs for specific failure point please. Update to 21H1 failed repeatedly, logs...

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Help reading logs for specific failure point please. Update to 21H1 failed repeatedly, logs... - Similar Threads - Help reading logs

2. Repeated watchdog violations, can’t log in to user account. Please help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated watchdog violations, can’t log in to user account. Please help?: Hello,About a week ago my laptop started randomly freezing during intensive workloads. These freezes would not blue screen or crash the computer outright but did require hard shutdowns. After typing all of this out I realize that for the past month or so I have been having...
  3. Repeated watchdog violations, can’t log in to user account. Please help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated watchdog violations, can’t log in to user account. Please help?: Hello,About a week ago my laptop started randomly freezing during intensive workloads. These freezes would not blue screen or crash the computer outright but did require hard shutdowns. After typing all of this out I realize that for the past month or so I have been having...
  4. Repeated watchdog violations, can’t log in to user account. Please help?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Update to 21H1 fails with 0xC1900101 - 0x20017, logs attached

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to 21H1 fails with 0xC1900101 - 0x20017, logs attached: Hi, trying and failing to update from Win 10 Home 1909 to 21H1 and repeatedly get the error 0xC1900101 - 0x20017, installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation. I've researched enough to get this is likely a driver problem, but I need help...
  6. Log in Failure

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in Failure: Hello I am asking this for my sister, she has one laptop. She said she can access / gets the Log in box to enter her pin. When she turns it on it offers the log in screen. When she attempt to enter her pin that the screen goes black. After a short while the small blue ring...
  7. reading error logs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reading error logs: is there someone who is able to understand setupact and setuperr logs please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reading-error-logs/6aca81cf-7d22-4544-81d5-d2ea76f34a4b
  8. Can Someone Please Help Me Read this WWin Update Log.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can Someone Please Help Me Read this WWin Update Log.: Ive been having trouble updating, I did a reinstall and used the media creation tool. It worked for like a week and now its broken again. I got my hands on this log though and I dont know how to read it or what to google. I see a couple errors but it brings up windows server...
  9. Error Log Reading

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error Log Reading: Can anyone tell me the reason for creators update failure on my device by looking at the following logs i found in the Panther folder ?drive-download-20180119T143317Z-001.zip 102690
  10. Help please can't log in

in Windows 10 Support
    Help please can't log in: I think I messed up. So I don't have access to the screen where you put your password. Its just a blue screen and I can't click or write anything. I don't know what I did when I tried to changed the background color for an image, I think I delete something or downloaded a...