Windows 10: Help! Recent MS Update changed mouse display

Discus and support Help! Recent MS Update changed mouse display in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need help. Last night my computer installed 80 KB updates. So, when I turned on the computer today, I noticed a sudden significant brightness with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JTH-52, Jun 26, 2019.

1. JTH-52 Win User

Help! Recent MS Update changed mouse display

I need help. Last night my computer installed 80 KB updates. So, when I turned on the computer today, I noticed a sudden significant brightness with my Logitech mouse pointer. [The mouse software was not updated.] I have visual light sensitivity to LEDs and this I can say with confidence that the brightness of the mouse cursor was changed and increased significantly with an LED brightness that hurts my eyes.

I checked to see if it had been changed to a different setting. Nope. Still the same setting so something has been changed in one of the Windows updates. Now, even the black pointer contains a super bright border around the black so there's no escaping the bright light at all. I am very unhappy about this. Fwiw, I don't appreciate MS coming in and automatically updating or changing settings that have been in place FOR A [MEDICAL] REASON. I changed it to Inverted but the blue light is actually worse.

I use f.lux which helped dim the mouse display before the update occurred. Not anymore. Grrr.

Even though the mouse software wasn't updated, MS' update did something to change it because it is much too bright.

Worse yet is that I don't even know what KB update this was affected by since there were so many. I'd uninstall it if I could but have no clue what KB update it was changed under.

Tried doing a search on the different KB updates descriptions but couldn't find what each KB entailed. Why does this need to be so flippin difficult? Why don't they let us know what is in each? Instead, they just take full control over everything. It is rididulous!

I have MS Office Home & Student 2010, Windows 10.

Thanks for any and all help anyone can provide to solve this weird problem. Best regards...

:)

JTH-52, Jun 26, 2019

2. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jun 26, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Help! Recent MS Update changed mouse display - Similar Threads - Help Recent Update

2. Display changes- not helpful

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display changes- not helpful: I am working with dual monitors and Windows 10. When I select from my multiple Excel files, the screen that does not have the file goes back to the desktop and the file is display on the other screen. When selected, the files that I was working on are all displayed changes...
  3. Recent change to file type display?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent change to file type display?: Yesterday my files viewed by detail and sorted by type had them gathered by overarching type, i.e. 'Video File'. Now video files are broken out by container, i.e. 'AVI video file (VLC)'. This means my Avis are separated from mp4s and mkvs. This is unbelievably annoying. Is...
  4. Display issues since recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display issues since recent update: Recently updated on 9/26/2020 to OS build 19041.508. Since the update when I hover over an icon, increase/decrease volume the screen goes black, the color is also fluctuating, from cooler to warmer. I typically have my color setting set to warmer when plugged in to power. Not...
  5. help for MS updates

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    help for MS updates: Hello, in last time it's impossible to get MS updates, All the time an Information comes up, that an error encountered while download and I have to repeat it. Also several Apps was deleted from the Laptop and their installer exe cannot renew it, because of update faults. I...
  6. [HELP] Recent windows update caused my recently opened files to display "the item you...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] Recent windows update caused my recently opened files to display "the item you...: happens to everything including notepad and Microsoft word submitted by /u/Rohy91 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hd09zd/help_recent_windows_update_caused_my_recently/
  7. change in MS update procedure?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    change in MS update procedure?: I have a dual boot with two W10 systems. All updates, including the 1903 version, were easily performed at both systems independently. However, updating now one system to 1909 seems to prevent this update to the other system. Message: your device recently got the latest...
  8. My MS display adapter stopped working after the most recent windows update

My MS display adapter stopped working after the most recent windows update: Both of my MS display adapters (two different monitors) stopped working after the most recent windows update. I have a high end Surface laptop. I asked our college technical support to work on it, they spent an hour on it without success. Fix the driver that broke this and...
  9. Display stuttering after recent update

Display stuttering after recent update: Ever since the most recent update my computer has been stuttering, it happens on everything, watching a video, playing a game, moving my cursor. There seems to be no problems with my audio. I updated all of my drivers and ive been on support chats for hours. A technician told...
  10. How to get back recent taskbar changed by MS?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get back recent taskbar changed by MS?: [Desktop Dell Inspiron 560 4gb RAM; high speed cable; MS Windows10, 64bit; Windows Live Mail 2012(awful!!!); MS Word Pro 2003; Mozilla Firefox; AvastAV; Windows Media Player; Adobe Reader; Adobe flash Player] Yesterday (1-22-16) my email program came all back after being...