Windows 10: Help ! Recently installed the "free" upgrade to Windows 10 from Win 7 64bit...and I can't...

Discus and support Help ! Recently installed the "free" upgrade to Windows 10 from Win 7 64bit...and I can't... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've tried googling everything, the only reason I'm able to be on reddit, is because I did a reinstall for the 2nd time and haven't rebooted my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/damienkarras1973, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Help ! Recently installed the "free" upgrade to Windows 10 from Win 7 64bit...and I can't...

I've tried googling everything, the only reason I'm able to be on reddit, is because I did a reinstall for the 2nd time and haven't rebooted my machine. I'm terrified to even try lol

I didn't add anything to the machine after install except mozilla firefox. The first thing I did was updated to the latest drivers for my video card this time.

I've ran a check for corrupted files and it said it found "a few" but wasn't able to fix them all.

The only drive I did a clean install on was the C;/ drive Windows was on. My D:/ drive is just an extra hard drive for storage and games.

I was considering unplugging the D drive and trying a reboot but I'm too nervous it will fail again Help ! Recently installed the "free" upgrade to Windows 10 from Win 7 64bit...and I can't... :(

anyone use the free upgrade ??? and have this problem? and found the solution? figured the reddit experts would know.

submitted by /u/damienkarras1973
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/damienkarras1973, Dec 4, 2020

2. Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit crashing on installation

So i have Windows 7 Professional 32bit installed and I wanted windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. It boots from the disk just fine, its just after you press the first button (i thing its callled install now or something) after a few seconds, it bluescreens and i have to restart. System specs are listed and i know my processoror is 64bit, any ideas?

sonnytiger, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Help ! Recently installed the "free" upgrade to Windows 10 from Win 7 64bit...and I can't...

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Help ! Recently installed the "free" upgrade to Windows 10 from Win 7 64bit...and I can't...

1. Help ! Recently installed the "free" upgrade to Windows 10 from Win 7 64bit...and I can't... - Similar Threads - Help Recently installed

2. Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10?: My partner has Windows 7 installed on her PC. It also has a nasty virus. I want to erase her hard drive and upgrade to Windows 10. I've read articles that indicate the upgrade is still free, if done through Windows updates. I can't find anything confirming that it's still...
  3. Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10?: My partner has Windows 7 installed on her PC. It also has a nasty virus. I want to erase her hard drive and upgrade to Windows 10. I've read articles that indicate the upgrade is still free, if done through Windows updates. I can't find anything confirming that it's still...
  4. Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro.: I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. Now EaseUS PartitionMaster Pro V7.01 brings up an alarm User Account Control and the app will not run....
  6. Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free?

Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free?: cost to upgrade from windows 7 to 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10-free/10095da6-8608-40a5-8858-8be24889f16e
  7. Using Windows 10 free upgrade for Win. 7

Using Windows 10 free upgrade for Win. 7: Hi, first, let me say I am not the smartest guy when it comes to computers. I am trying to use the free upgrade to Win. 10 on my Win. 7 pc that is here under the tutorial forum. Last night, I started the download for Win.10 installation media,and it went along without a...
  8. I UPGRADED FROM WIN 7 FOR FREE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I UPGRADED FROM WIN 7 FOR FREE: I UPGRADED FROM WIN 7 FOR FREE. SCREEN BROKE ON MY LAPTOP SO I PLACED MY HARD DRIVE IN AN IDENTICAL LAPTOP. NOW WINDOWS IS NOT ACTIVATED. ANY WAY TO FIX THIS OR DO I HAVE DO BUY IT NOW?...
  9. Free Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - still waiting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - still waiting: My wife finally cracked and asked me to get her Laptop upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 for free - it was July 27. Clicked on the white windows upgrade icon in the system tray and was advised that the upgrade had been reserved/confirmed. I'm not usually impatient and I guess...
  10. Still no end to free upgrade to win 10 from Win 7!

Still no end to free upgrade to win 10 from Win 7!: Just bought a pre-loved laptop for Mrs (Sheelba, as I like to think of her) for our 34th Wedding anniversary. She already has a pre-hated android tablet which she won't use 'cos it hates her back too! I saw the Dell Latitude E6400 on Tuesday, and bought it the next day,...