Windows 10: Help reduce backgrounds processes from 70

Discus and support Help reduce backgrounds processes from 70 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So currently I have 70 processes in the background running. A tad high for my taste and given I am not running on top of the line hardware It feels... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by IndustryStandrd, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Help reduce backgrounds processes from 70

So currently I have 70 processes in the background running.

A tad high for my taste and given I am not running on top of the line hardware It feels like I hit the cap a lot sooner now then I did on 8.1

With Firefox, Steam and Skype running, My memory usage is 60% or more, On Windows 8.1 It hovered from 30-40%

Anyone know some processes I can disable to ease up on my computer? I already disabled all start up processes.

I find if I go to App History on the task manager a bunch of crap I have never used once was/is running for some reason. Like Minecraft 10 Edition is running but I haven't ran it in a couple days, or Cortana which I disabled. What the heck.

:)

IndustryStandrd, Jul 31, 2015
  2. SHalbouni Win User

CPU fan noise after Windows 10 install

I managed to lower my fan noise a bit by reducing power process management to about 70-80 percent. not ideal but hopefully they find a solution

SHalbouni, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Me Windows background processes.

Windows background processes. My ram is of 8gb.From 8gb only 2.9 gb available .The ram is filled up with windows background processes. I have done format now. Still the ram percentage is same .It is because of your faulty windows os and its background
    processes. Is there anyway to reduce the usage of ram?

AkhilAnandKundurthi, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Help reduce backgrounds processes from 70

1. Help reduce backgrounds processes from 70 - Similar Threads - Help reduce backgrounds

2. background processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    background processes: what does that mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-processes/4f607cd7-afbd-4fe9-bccf-b58e7979732d
  3. background processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    background processes: what does that mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-processes/4f607cd7-afbd-4fe9-bccf-b58e7979732d
  4. Background Process

Background Process: With all the programs closed in my windows 11 I get 110 processes running. However I've seen some people with only 25 or lower, I've tried everything to get that low amount of processes running but can't find out how....
  5. Background Processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Processes: My download speeds are slow. I read some stuff and it says that it could be because of background processes. I currently have 115 background processes and it seems like a bit much from what I see others have. I dont know what to end or how to lower the number. Any answers...
  6. Background Processes

Background Processes: My download speeds are slow. I read some stuff and it says that it could be because of background processes. I currently have 115 background processes and it seems like a bit much from what I see others have. I dont know what to end or how to lower the number. Any answers...
  7. how can reduce unnecessary background process and other window process in background

how can reduce unnecessary background process and other window process in background: [ATTACH]i have more than 100 processes pls help [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-reduce-unnecessary-background-process-and/596847e8-09e7-41de-895e-896a36b96dc4
  8. Background Processes

Background Processes: I just opened my pc and opened taskmanager without opening other apps to see how many programs are running in background. There were more than 50. i removed some apps which i knew i installed and reduced it. Next time again just after booting pc problem remained same. My pc...
  9. reduce picture size on background

in Windows 10 Customization
    reduce picture size on background: how do i reduce the size of the background picture 57973
  10. 70+ processes of svchost.exe

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    70+ processes of svchost.exe: Hello, I have 70+ processes on task manager of svchost.exe ... I have never had that many processes of svchost.exe before. I know it could mean a virus so I ran a scan with Sophos Anti-Virus and there are no viruses, only tracking cookies (which I deleted but that didn't...